Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carphonewarhouse phone I bought

Options
  • 27-09-2016 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi last Monday I bought a phone in car phone warehouse, I asked for the cheapest 3 pre pay phone which was Huawei Y 6 at 119.99 euro

I started to use it and I am not impressed with it after a week, its not a great phone for the money..

So today I tried leave it back where I got it with receipt and was told just because I don't like it I can't leave it back? I had receipt and everything phone came with..

I thought there was a 14 day money back if unsatisfied with phone?

Thanks
    Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Only for online purchases. In shop you have the option to try so can't change your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

brendan86 wrote: »
    I asked for the cheapest 3 pre pay phone
    its not a great phone for the money..

You got what you asked for OP. Nothing they can do for you

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

I see, I rang customer services they said I'd get a refund if within 14 days and was unhappy thats why I was confused.. Thanks for clarifying that for me.. Looks like I'm stuck with it for a while :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Refund only if it is in re-sellable condition, if you've opened and used it then it can't be resold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Just on the off chance what are you comparing it to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

They're correct in that you can't just bring something back because you don't like it.

It's different in clothes shops etc. as generally they can just resell the item. But again, they don't have to refund either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

brendan86 wrote: »
    I see, I rang customer services they said I'd get a refund if within 14 days and was unhappy thats why I was confused.. Thanks for clarifying that for me.. Looks like I'm stuck with it for a while :/

14 day return if unhappy is just for online sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

If it's the Huawei Y625, welcome to a world of pain. I bought it cheap online as a replacement for a phone that broke to keep me going while I saved up for a proper one. Three months later and I feel like throwing it against the wall every day it's so bad. The ram & memory just aren't enough for anyone but the very lightest of internet/app users.

Carphone warehouse will never take it back unfortunately. My advise is to sell it (donedeal maybe?), cut your losses and try to get something with a bit more spec for your buck. One tip: don't buy in bricks and mortar shops, you'll find much better value online for sim-free budget phones. Lots of recommendations on the Andoid forum! Wish I looked there before I bought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Delira wrote: »
    If it's the Huawei Y625, welcome to a world of pain. I bought it cheap online as a replacement for a phone that broke to keep me going while I saved up for a proper one. Three months later and I feel like throwing it against the wall every day it's so bad. The ram & memory just aren't enough for anyone but the very lightest of internet/app users.

Carphone warehouse will never take it back unfortunately. My advise is to sell it (donedeal maybe?), cut your losses and try to get something with a bit more spec for your buck. One tip: don't buy in bricks and mortar shops, you'll find much better value online for sim-free budget phones. Lots of recommendations on the Andoid forum! Wish I looked there before I bought :D

I know the phone is terrible for 120euro, it is slow to respond at times and battery ain't great I've seen it starting to get worse already after one weeks use.. I honestly thought for 120euro it would be decent to tie me over until I get a decent one, thinking of the oneplus3..

Thanks all above for your replies, I just got confused with online t&c's

I see there going for 50-60 euro 2nd hand, in fairness after one weeks use of if that should be all its worth new, might just cut my losses

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

14 day return if unhappy is just for online sales.

Yep, it's a distance selling right, rather than CPW being sound!

• Advertisement
Advertisement