Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill Insurance Stay away from them!

• 27-09-2016 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I was with chill insurance for 3 years and now with the insurance prices going up they quoted me double from what I used to pay for the previous year. For that reason I looked for a different insurer which offered me a better quote. That insurance company requested an original no claim bonus certificate, not a print out or electronic document. I've contacted chill insurance and requested. Didn't got it even now after 28 days and I'm in the position to have my new policy cancelled by the new insurance company as I've failed to produce the original certificate of NB. I've rang chill insurance and explained the situation. At first they keep saying they don't issue such certificate only the electronic document (PDF) and that should be good enough for the new insurer. After calling 100 times one of the phone operator agreed to print one out and send it to me. Now after 28 days from my first request still don't have it and they keep lying that they sent it out but I didn't got anything. What should I do?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eirbear1989

Tell them you will go to the ombudsman if they don't give it to u immediately! Or post it straight to the new company.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

Tell them you will go to the ombudsman if they don't give it to u immediately! Or post it straight to the new company.

I'll try that. Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Just an fyi, there is no such thing as an original ncb. If you printed the pdf its the exact same as what they posted you.

Just an fyi, there is no such thing as an original ncb. If you printed the pdf its the exact same as what they posted you.

I've explained the exact same thing to my new insurance company and they didn't want to accept it. Anyways now is sorted as I went to the chill insurance head office and got my NCB cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ironnike wrote: »
    I've explained the exact same thing to my new insurance company and they didn't want to accept it. Anyways now is sorted as I went to the chill insurance head office and got my NCB cert.

I would have printed out the PDF and not said anything ;)

• Advertisement

I would have printed out the PDF and not said anything ;)

I did that at first but then they called me and told me is not valid and they don't accept it. So I had to call chill again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Did you have to pay for it? I'm named driver on another policy and every year i have to pay 25plus €20 for the pleasure of sending me a hard copy.

Did you have to pay for it? I'm named driver on another policy and every year i have to pay 25plus €20 for the pleasure of sending me a hard copy.

I didn't pay and wouldn't pay s**t anyways. After being with them for 3 years I guess 2 cents worth of paper sheet they can print it for free.

Advertisement