Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox Alert Device

• 27-09-2016 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any suggestions for some sort of device to alert me as to the presence of a fox at a bait point. I know about wildlife cams that can email you a picture.Looking for something that will alert you to some movement.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

How far away from your home is the bait station? I was thinking maybe one of them wireless alarms you get for driveways? We have one on the lane where I work that buzzes in our workshop so we have a heads up to go out and open the gate. Even somebody walking up the lane sets it off , its about 300m away and never fails to alert so it has a pretty good range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

I seen a clip on you tube where a lad tied a bit of left over meat to some fishing line and rod..think he was about 200yds away. He then attached a bite indicator and waited for it to alarm him.
    When it did, on went the lamp and boom.
    Think it was in UK so not sure if it's legal here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Thanks for the replies.Snakezilla the bait would be approximately 80-200 yds away.What make is the alarm and any idea as to cost. The fishing line idea might work only I might be caught for distance.

Approximately what size is the sensor on the drive.

Its only an IR sensor its the same size as whats on a sensor spot light. A little smaller than a beer mat and its cable tied to a post. My boss is as tight as they come - hence the reason the yard has no electric gates so it cant have been more than €50, as far as I remember he got it on amazon !

• Advertisement

Can you get a manufacturer's name off it.It would be a big help as some of that stuff is a heap of c**p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Here you go!
    Might be what your looking for

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262226718289

Thanks Eddie but I bought something very similar.Could not get it to work. I still have it.Might give it another go.

If you want to take the professional approach, you could always get something like this lol

https://www.minkpolice.com/staticpages/product/

That looks like a good product.If it works it might be worth it.

• Advertisement

They sell them at Fourteenacre. Pricey though!

Can you get a manufacturer's name off it.It would be a big help as some of that stuff is a heap of c**p.

Just checked for you and all thats on the alarm unit is a yellow sticker "Hyfive"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

Snakezilla wrote: »
    Just checked for you and all thats on the alarm unit is a yellow sticker "Hyfive"

Is this what it looks like???

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Driveway-Security-Intruder-Hyfive/dp/B01HR3BVLO

414HOJzZT6L._SX425_.jpg

Eddie B wrote: »

They sell them at Fourteenacre. Pricey though!

Fourteen acres website not working for me.It would save money and time on travelling expenses.Not cheap but could probably be put to other uses.

Fourteen acres website not working for me.It would save money and time on travelling expenses.Not cheap but could probably be put to other uses.

Here you gi! Ther e must be a cheaper version out there somewhere.

https://www.fourteenacre.co.uk/shop/product-category/minkpolice-remote-alert/

J.R. wrote: »

Looks almost identical except for a sticker and the alarm grill on the one here is a bit bigger and more square. Could be just an older model maybe

Still can't connect with the Fourteen Acre website Eddie.

Any idea Snakezilla how long that device is in use.Alot of this stuff doesn't last long.

Id say we have it about 2 or 3 years. Dont ask how long the batteries last haha Ive never had the job of changing them

Thanks for that.I will buy one. They are on Amazon UK for £16.Amazon US $66.

• Advertisement

£13 Amazon UK now. I eventually got through to fourteen acres Eddie.

Snakezilla wrote: »
    Id say we have it about 2 or 3 years. Dont ask how long the batteries last haha Ive never had the job of changing them

Got the sensor today.We will have to wait and see how it gets on.Have ye batteries on the receiver or do ye have a 6v transformer.

Advertisement