Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cage Legacy 1 (Drogheda, October 28th)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 InstantMMA

Will anyone be attending this event? Cage Legacy have also set up a deal to get the event live on PPV if you can't make it out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

PPV? pmsl more like.

Gamebred wrote: »
    PPV? pmsl more like.

Can't really go wrong for €7.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Two guys from my club on the card, Nowak and Murphy, but I can't make it up so will watch online.

Have a look at Adam Nowak and let me know what you guys think. The chap has some serious talent.

InstantMMA wrote: »
    Can't really go wrong for €7.00

Ah im only taking the urine,I'd go and support it if it wasnt that far away tbh with frans and queally high level in Ireland competing on it,rest the card is meh not worth ppv imo.

• Advertisement

Ah im only taking the urine,I'd go and support it if it wasnt that far away tbh with frans and queally high level in Ireland competing on it,rest the card is meh not worth ppv imo.

Same as myself, the location isn't really ideal for attending it, I'll be watching on PPV out of interest

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Two guys from my club on the card, Nowak and Murphy, but I can't make it up so will watch online.

Have a look at Adam Nowak and let me know what you guys think. The chap has some serious talent.

I'll keep an eye out for them, what club are you in?

I'll keep an eye out for them, what club are you in?

Arena in Wexford.

Adam has looked very composed in the cage for his first few fights. He just recently recently got his purple belt aswell.

Davy has suffered big time with nerves Pre fight/fight week but seems a lot better mentally this time so hope he puts in a decent performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I just had a look at the events facebook page.

Is Frans Mlambo fighting the same Ben Davis that Owen Roddy fought about 6 or 7 years ago?

John_D80 wrote: »
    I just had a look at the events facebook page.

Is Frans Mlambo fighting the same Ben Davis that Owen Roddy fought about 6 or 7 years ago?

That's the one, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

That's the one, yes.

There's a blast from the past. Never knew he was still active.

John_D80 wrote: »
    There's a blast from the past. Never knew he was still active.

His last fight was 2013, I presume this is just some sort of once off, very interested to see Frans Mlambo, haven't seen him fight yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I live in Dundalk so Drogheda is not too far for me. Really looking forward to it. Gonna head into the pro weigh in's on Thursday too.
    Looking forward to seeing the 3 SBG guys (Quelly, Mlambo and Fleury).

KJ wrote: »
    I live in Dundalk so Drogheda is not too far for me. Really looking forward to it. Gonna head into the pro weigh in's on Thursday too.
    Looking forward to seeing the 3 SBG guys (Quelly, Mlambo and Fleury).

Enjoy it mate! Take a look on Twitter if you have it, they're running a competition for VIP tickets if you're interested. Mind if I pm you about something?

Enjoy it mate! Take a look on Twitter if you have it, they're running a competition for VIP tickets if you're interested. Mind if I pm you about something?
    I actually bought a VIP ticket but yeah PM if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Do you need to setup a Cleeng account to watch this?. What player streams it is it youtube?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

The can queally headlining this Mickey Mouse event. What a fall from grace.

Mod - Banned for a week - you were warned about fighter bashing already and some of your other posts. I am not going to keep repeating myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

The can queally headlining this Mickey Mouse event. What a fall from grace.

Mickey Mouse event? Some good fights on this card, talented up and comers especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My Mam just text me about this event. My cousin is fighting on this card. I'll have to check out the PPV so

Mellor wrote: »
    My Mam just text me about this event. My cousin is fighting on this card. I'll have to check out the PPV so
    Nice, which fighter is your cousin?

• Advertisement

Nice, which fighter is your cousin?
    Ciara

I was at the weigh in's today. Only 3 fighters turned up.

I was at the weigh in's today. Only 3 fighters turned up.

didnt make weight or just made weight in their gym via recorded video?

didnt make weight or just made weight in their gym via recorded video?

Only 3 turned up on time to the venue. I've seen some more on the Facebook page posting videos of them making weight elsewhere thankfully.

Looks like Will Fleury won't be fighting as another opponent pulled out today.

Only 3 turned up on time to the venue. I've seen some more on the Facebook page posting videos of them making weight elsewhere thankfully.

Looks like Will Fleury won't be fighting as another opponent pulled out today.

Will has been extremely unlucky coming up to this event, I really hope they find a last minute replacement. Really interested to see Roger Kennedy fighting, interesting story.

Im sure Will Fleury wont be happy because he seems mad for the exposure and he seen this as a means to try to springboard him to a Bellator/Bamma Dec pick.
    This weighing in via facebook etc is this normal for smaller mainly amateur cards?. Would they have a copy of the daily paper for proof of date!?

califano wrote: »
    Im sure Will Fleury wont be happy because he seems mad for the exposure and he seen this as a means to try to springboard him to a Bellator/Bamma Dec pick.
    This weighing in via facebook etc is this normal for smaller mainly amateur cards?. Would they have a copy of the daily paper for proof of date!?

Yeah or else they just say a password giving by the promoter,a check of the scales with a weight is required before though on camera too.

They've managed to find an opponent for Will Fleury, he'll be fighting a K-1 Champion Dewid Blaszke

Results so far

Rosa Walsh defeated Ciara Murphy via Triangle in 2nd Rd

Dylan Kennedy defeated Kieran Pepper via Armbar in 2nd Rd

Mikey McCoy defeated Matthew Whyte via Armbar in 1st Rd

Niall Branigan defeated Roger Kennedy via TKO in 1st Rd

Anyone watch the Branigan Kennedy fight, how did that go down? Was he caught with one and swarmed?
    Mellor what was the tale of Ciara's fight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I thought Frans Malambo was supposed to be on the card? What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

congrats Peter Queally.

Showed your heart in that fight. Well done.

I'll wasn't able to get the stream to work. I got the result from her Mam though.
    I'll try get a video later.
    She's only and starting out, I'm sure it won't faze her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JBowery

Was at the show tonight. A shambles. Paid 50 euro for the VIP ticket. Feel very ripped off.
    We were told that the ticket would give us good seats at the front. Got into the venue to see it was a free for all. The steward even said "if you can find a seat at the front. Sit in it". It was obvious that people were just sitting where they liked regardless of what ticket they bought. A free for all. I was thinking. Why didn't I just buy a cheap ticket.
    Needless to say there were no front seats. I eventually found a seat 8 rows back with a **** view.
    Aside from that! Even though the venue had 3 large screens. The production didn't avail of these to show the fights which was Imo amateur.
    Will never go back. And I want my money back

Mellor wrote: »
    I'll wasn't able to get the stream to work. I got the result from her Mam though.
    I'll try get a video later.
    She's only and starting out, I'm sure it won't faze her.

Ciara started very positively, she looked quite comfortable but it just seemed she faded. It was probably one of the better fights on the card.

Results so far

Rosa Walsh defeated Ciara Murphy via Triangle in 2nd Rd

Dylan Kennedy defeated Kieran Pepper via Armbar in 2nd Rd

Mikey McCoy defeated Matthew Whyte via Armbar in 1st Rd

Niall Branigan defeated Roger Kennedy via TKO in 1st Rd

Anyone watch the Branigan Kennedy fight, how did that go down? Was he caught with one and swarmed?
    If I remember correctly, it was a head kick and then ground and pound.
    I really enjoyed the event. As for the guy complaining about VIP, I had a VIP ticket, got in earlier than others, got a free pint at the bar and had a front row seat. You must have turned up super late as there were 2 empty seats beside me pretty much until the Will Fleury fight which was 3rd last.
    I thought the main event was great. Thought Dalton was gonna finish him in the second round but great comeback from Queally.
    Kept a close eye on Ciara as I saw here mentioned on here. She did really well, I think she was winning the standup but got caught in a submission. Good fight though.
    I also won the raffle and met Aisling Daly so a good night all round.

• Advertisement

If I remember correctly, it was a head kick and then ground and pound.
    I really enjoyed the event. As for the guy complaining about VIP, I had a VIP ticket, got in earlier than others, got a free pint at the bar and had a front row seat. You must have turned up super late as there were 2 empty seats beside me pretty much until the Will Fleury fight which was 3rd last.
    I thought the main event was great. Thought Dalton was gonna finish him in the second round but great comeback from Queally.
    Kept a close eye on Ciara as I saw here mentioned on here. She did really well, I think she was winning the standup but got caught in a submission. Good fight though.
    I also won the raffle and met Aisling Daly so a good night all round.

What did you think of Adam Nowak? Won in the first with a heavy kick to the ribs and finished with right cross.

What did you think of Adam Nowak? Won in the first with a heavy kick to the ribs and finished with right cross.
    That was a vicious kick. People around me were complaining of a quick stoppage but in fairness I don't think there was any coming back from that. I thought everybody looked pretty good except for a guy called Nihan something, he seemed to be out of his depth for the whole 3 rounds and don't think he had any offence.

That was a vicious kick. People around me were complaining of a quick stoppage but in fairness I don't think there was any coming back from that. I thought everybody looked pretty good except for a guy called Nihan something, he seemed to be out of his depth for the whole 3 rounds and don't think he had any offence.

Adam is a very tidy fighter and i expect him to get onto a few bigger cards in the next few years.

Murphy from my club was stopped after the first. Had to go to hospital where the doctors think he has a fractured eye socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

Queally should really drop the 'showstopper' nickname. Another decision.

Adam is a very tidy fighter and i expect him to get onto a few bigger cards in the next few years.

Murphy from my club was stopped after the first. Had to go to hospital where the doctors think he has a fractured eye socket.
    I saw that, didn't realise it was as bad as that.

• Advertisement

I saw that, didn't realise it was as bad as that.

I'm not sure if it is fractured but the last I heard last night was the doctor was afraid it could be fractured.

Advertisement