Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of moving from ireland to toronto

Options
  • 27-09-2016 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on what it would cost to move from ireland to toronto on the IEC visa please and thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Welcome to Boards!

This forum is for site feedback. Let me move your question somewhere more appropriate, eh? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The IEC visa itself costs either $250 or $350, can't remember which. You then need to have 2 years of holiday/backpackers insurance. I found go4less the cheapest for basic cover which is €299 for the 2 years but it gets more expensive if you want to add on winter sports etc. You also need to have the equivalent of $2,500 for the purposes of the visa and money home for a return flight if you've only booked a one way ticket. $2,500 isn't going to get you far in Toronto if you don't have a job or accommodation lined up so ideally you'd want to be bringing at least $5,000-8,000 with you to keep you going while looking for a job and somewhere to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I was a lot closer to 5k than 8k arriving to Toronto. Having said that, I was working 3 days after arriving and had more than one offer on the table. If you're smart and proactive (read: pushy), getting work isn't too tricky. You also need to have realistic expectations and not be too snooty about the level of job you take.

Advertisement