Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max broadband speed up to 12mb Why?

Options
  • 27-09-2016 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Using the Line checker on your website it says I can only get up 12mb.

Why is this? I'm smack bang in the middle of (Moonlaun)Tramore in Wateford

My Neighbours are meters away from me and can achieve speeds of 40mb

Looking at your coverage maps also, I'm in close proximity of a number of your fibre boxes.

Can someone please look into this for me and tell me if I can achieve greater speeds and if not why not??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The prequal is pretty much gospel. Your line most likely bypasses the cab (due to cabling decisions when you were first connected) and thus you get 12Mb ADSL instead of 40Mb VDSL.

Its a case of tough beans. 

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

So I'm effectively stuck on 12mb for good and there's nothing that can be done about it?

That's aload of BS to be fair, I could understand if I lived in the middle of nowhere I'd have no complaints but its a bit ridiculous that in my location I can't get 40mb due to cabling decisions and yet have to pay the same price as everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]mr.noobie,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Speeds are individual to each line and I'm afraid in some cases this is possible, I can understand how frustrating this must be and I'm sorry I cannot offer you better news. I would recommend keeping an eye on our efibre updates online here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ for updates in your area.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]mr.noobie,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Speeds are individual to each line and I'm afraid in some cases this is possible, I can understand how frustrating this must be and I'm sorry I cannot offer you better news. I would recommend keeping an eye on our efibre updates online here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ for updates in your area.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Hi Pamela,

According to the map you provided my house is within the border for fibre(screenshot below), albeit it is close to the border(red dot is my location)

So is it possible I might be able to get higher speeds and the online checker is inaccurate?

Thanks,

397958.jpg

mr.noobie wrote: »

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Speeds are individual to each line and I'm afraid in some cases this is possible, I can understand how frustrating this must be and I'm sorry I cannot offer you better news. I would recommend keeping an eye on our efibre updates online here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ for updates in your area.[/font]

Hi Pamela,

According to the map you provided my house is within the border for fibre(screenshot below), albeit it is close to the border(red dot is my location)

So is it possible I might be able to get higher speeds and the online checker is inaccurate?

Thanks,

397958.jpg
    Are you an eir customer  mr.noobie?
    Feel free to PM me your account number and I will check if you are connected to this cabinet.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

Thanks,

397958.jpg
    Feel free to PM me your account number and I will check if you are connected to this cabinet.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela, Yes I am just sent you my account number via PM, Thanks

Hi Pamela,

Thanks,

397958.jpg

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Thanks,

397958.jpg

-Pamela 
    Thanks  mr.noobie,
    I'll be back to you shortly.:D

-Pamela 

Advertisement