Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to build a house

Options
  • 27-09-2016 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Ok so I'm looking to build a 2 bed dormer bungalow and have got plans done up 546sq feet downstairs can how give me a rough estimate of how much would cost to do so and also everything else I've to pay for council fees etc I'm new to all this so don't even no what else I have to pay. It's getting built to side of grandparents house in Dublin clondalkin planning permission has been granted so site is free also

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ncj wrote: »
    Ok so I'm looking to build a 2 bed dormer bungalow and have got plans done up 546sq feet downstairs can how give me a rough estimate of how much would cost to do so and also everything else I've to pay for council fees etc I'm new to all this so don't even no what else I have to pay. It's getting built to side of grandparents house in Dublin clondalkin planning permission has been granted so site is free also

This your second thread on the same question?

Get the final grant of permission, that will state the exact figure you have to pay the council as contribution.

Ring ESB and ask them how much a new connection is, you have to provide the plan number and OS map or co-ordinates so they can price the job for you.

Same fo Gas, water.
    Nobody would know exactly as it's site specific.

Then your into the build costs and compliance with the building regulations.

you mention 546 Sq. Ft at ground floor, what about first floor?
    What's the total square footage and have you got plans and specifications yet?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: One thread is enough. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement