Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to TV - Landlord's obligation?

Options
  • 27-09-2016 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

We've just moved into a house, which had a tv in it when we moved

I brought an old saorview box from home, but it says that their is no signal when I attach the cable and try to scan for channels

Could anyone advise whether it would up to us or the landlord to get a new ariel or have adjustments to the one there so we would be able to watch tv?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Unless it is in the rental agreement, I doubt the landlord has an obligation to provide an aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Unless it is in the rental agreement, I doubt the landlord has an obligation to provide an aerial.

Balls to that, we're students so it's not worth our while paying for it ourselves really so it's a pity

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

We've just moved into a house, which had a tv in it when we moved

I brought an old saorview box from home, but it says that their is no signal when I attach the cable and try to scan for channels

Could anyone advise whether it would up to us or the landlord to get a new ariel or have adjustments to the one there so we would be able to watch tv?

As a landlord, I'd expect the tennant to provide the aerial to view whatever they want. So,e tenants will pay for UPC so the aerial would be wasted money.

Try adverts.ie for an aerial, sure you can take it with you as you move on. Consider it an investment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Balls to that, we're students so it's not worth our while paying for it ourselves really so it's a pity

I think you need to pay for the tv licence as well :eek:

+1
    That's deffo a tennant requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Well between that and actually getting it to work the tv is going in the attic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think you can buy a saorview aerial for 15-20 euro
    http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Saorview-aerials.html

indoor or outdoor
    ,plug it in saorview box and press scan stations button.

Well between that and actually getting it to work the tv is going in the attic :pac:

Yeah yeah, i'm just pasting a link to this thread over in the TV Licence Inspectors forum.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You still need a licence if the TV is in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

bwoah watch it online and/or connect to tv with a cable. Soarview and Sky is sooooo outdated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Del2005 wrote: »
    You still need a licence if the TV is in the attic.

In fairness, I can't see ERU kicking the front door in, searching the house from top to bottom and screwing the OP on the merit of an unused dusty TV set sitting on a cloud of insulation.

OP, try a set of Bunny ears. Ten quid off ebay and they work for me albeit, I'm right beside the TV mast.

Advertisement