Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resin injection underpinning cork city or any other cheaper but good solution .

Options
  • 27-09-2016 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,

i've just bought a house in cork city suburbs and there is a large crack going along the back wall.
    I'm hoping to avoid the costly and evasive concrete underpinning method and use some type of injection method.
    Does anybody know if it's effective and available in munster ?

see mainmark.com/whats-the-difference-between-concrete-underpinning-and-resin-injection/

sorry if i posted like i'm ignoring that each underpinning project can be very different from each other and an engineer will have to look at it.

Thanks for any helpful suggestons

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Just approach the main underpinning conpanies in the town and ask

1. for their opinion following a site visit
    2. Options and costs and what typically will insurance companies accept
    3. What guarentee or certification will they provide.

You may find that by the time you get to the third guy your going back to the first to ask a few more questions or look for price options/adjust the scope of work.

As you acknowledge, a senior local engineer would do wonders to circumvent the speculation and time spend listening to opinions, you maybe struggle to trust.. An eng is an independent expert advising on YOUR behalf.

Advertisement