Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millers Glen discussion

Options
  • 27-09-2016 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Anyone visit the Millers Glen showhouses last weekend? Was there much demand for the 3 beds? Out of budget but one can dream. Wonder how quickly this phase will sell, it took the last phase Fairbrook quite a while

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

I wasnt there but just to say our friends bought in millers glen and its a fab house!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stickman22

Yes the houses are really nice, great finish

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublindublin1

Any one visited this week, what is the price range of 3 bed??

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stickman22

When we visited the 3 bed terrace started at 292,500 there was only 3 of these available & were sold, next terrace 3 bed started at 300k & 312k for semi detached I think... Really nice houses, very spacious, great location across from the Irish & educate together schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Latest phase of Millers Glen launched a couple of weeks ago.
    3 bed semis have now risen from 310k to 345k
    This was always going to happen when the government introduced the first time buyers scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

PWEI wrote: »
    Latest phase of Millers Glen launched a couple of weeks ago.
    3 bed semis have now risen from 310k to 345k
    This was always going to happen when the government introduced the first time buyers scheme.

Not necessarily. My home cost 35k than the phase before me and the phase after cost 45K more again. That was well before help to buy. If you look at any development (apart from during the recession) subsequent phases are almost always significantly more expensive than the previous ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Andrew_dub

Is there information how many houses in total will be built and when all the building jobs in the development will be finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Achosa

They have permission for 500+ dwellings, so will take them few years to finish. All planning documentation is available on Fingalcoco website.

athtrasna wrote: »
    Not necessarily. My home cost 35k than the phase before me and the phase after cost 45K more again. That was well before help to buy. If you look at any development (apart from during the recession) subsequent phases are almost always significantly more expensive than the previous ones.

I have been monitoring Millers Glen since the first phase as I live close by.
    As you said, with any new development there are increases with each phase.
    But the increases in Millers Glen have always been moderate increases.
    The 3 beds semis were 310k, the previous phase were 300k & the phase before that they were available for around 290k.
    So the builders have been increasing the price of the 3 bed semis by an average of 10k each time but it is fairly obvious that an increase of 35k this time is just talking advantage of €20,000 first time buyers scheme.

There is a guy I work with has been saving hard for a deposit for the last two years to buy a house in Millers Glen but now he cant afford it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

PWEI wrote: »
    I have been monitoring Millers Glen since the first phase as I live close by.
    As you said, with any new development there are increases with each phase.
    But the increases in Millers Glen have always been moderate increases.
    The 3 beds semis were 310k, the previous phase were 300k & the phase before that they were available for around 290k.
    So the builders have been increasing the price of the 3 bed semis by an average of 10k each time but it is fairly obvious that an increase of 35k this time is just talking advantage of €20,000 first time buyers scheme.

There is a guy I work with has been saving hard for a deposit for the last two years to buy a house in Millers Glen but now he cant afford it anymore.

3 bed semis are the most in demand homes in dublin right now and prices everywhere are going up. The m development we bought jumped by about 30k between phase 1 and 2 last year before the scheme was announced. The house prices have gone up more than between previous phases so therefore the prices have gone up.

• Advertisement

3 bed semis are the most in demand homes in dublin right now and prices everywhere are going up. The m development we bought jumped by about 30k between phase 1 and 2 last year before the scheme was announced. The house prices have gone up more than between previous phases so therefore the prices have gone up.

Interesting, will the price will increase any more.. Not many 3bed houses in Swords can match the price

Is there any places for walking / jogging close to millers glen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Andrew_dub wrote: »
    Is there any places for walking / jogging close to millers glen?

Depends on what your looking for, I would often run loops around Rathbeale and Applewood on the paths a good 5km loop.If you want to make it slightly longer add in as far as Brackenstown avenue.

If you want grass then its not too far to river valley or the GAA pitches near Applewood. Not sure but I think theres some green areas around applewood community center.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aran8

I recently was looking Millers Glen.
    Interior has nice finish.
    But bit disappointed about what we have around:
    Only houses. No trees, no grass, few small greens between houses. No playground for children.
    Large green near school is not suitable for walking or - no path, very few trees, nothing - only sign that this land is a grand to city council - sounds funny).
    Only houses and nothing between except asphalt and cars.
    Planing permission for 1500 houses..
    Are developers so greedy or it is new standard of quality developments?

Or situation can be improved?

Hopefully it will improve with time. The planning permission mention about the Swords Regional Park & Linear Park.

We are hoping to get the keys early May

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Davidd9181

Hi Guys, just wondering if it is possible to get Sky TV in Millers Glen. I heard a rumor around planning permission for the dish but I am just looking for confirmation. Thanks

Davidd9181 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, just wondering if it is possible to get Sky TV in Millers Glen. I heard a rumor around planning permission for the dish but I am just looking for confirmation. Thanks

Officially not in the front of the property, but there are many of dishes, so not so strict

Davidd9181 wrote: »

I dropped my daughter off to school this morning which is opposite Millers Glen & I counted 4 Sky dishes at the front of properties.
    These were only the houses at the front of the estate near the road so I'd say there are many more with Sky dishes in the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NorthCounty 2018

Hi future neighbours, First time bought in Miller's Glen (Longview) with a move in date March/April and was wondering if anybody would possibly be able to PM the site foreman's contact details ?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Hi future neighbours, First time bought in Miller's Glen (Longview) with a move in date March/April and was wondering if anybody would possibly be able to PM the site foreman's contact details ?

Thank you

We moved in last July, I believe the foreman has changed since then so I only have the old number! There's a Facebook group if you search "Millers Glen Swords Residents" that could be of better help! Best of luck with the moving in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jim Ellis

What's the management fees like for 3-bed semis?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Jim Ellis wrote: »
    What's the management fees like for 3-bed semis?

No management fees, it will be taken over by the council when the development is completed

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jim Ellis

MissElle wrote: »
    No management fees, it will be taken over by the council when the development is completed

That's great. Quite unusual for new developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NorthCounty 2018

Probably hard to believe but I am not on Facebook. Thanks for taking the time to reply really looking forward to moving in now.

MissElle wrote: »

I wouldn't hold your breath on that happening.
    I'm living in nearby Thornleigh for 14 years & we're still waiting for the Council to take over our estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

Could anyone currently living in Millers Glen advise how long the commute into the city takes and back again? Specifically to the IFSC area.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭A Law

Swords express goes from miller's glen so worth checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hanaimai

Swords express goes from miller's glen so worth checking it out.

Aye, I'm just wondering how long it takes in reality. The timetable says 45mins to convention centre but I'm wondering if that's common or if it's usually longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭A Law

Was on it once over a year ago at this stage so not much use. Got the 8.05 and was at Edens key at 9 as far as I can remember.

• Advertisement
Advertisement