Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA Question

Options
  • 27-09-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

I was in the US earlier in the year in Louisiana and I'm going back again in October but I'm going to New York this time. I want to update my ESTA but it turns out I can update the travel information but I can't update the USA point of contact information - this is still showing as where I was in Louisiana.

Is this okay or should I just apply again for a new application for my New York trip?

Seems a little silly to me that you can have an application for two years but can't amend all contact details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Seems a little silly to me that you can have an application for two years but can't amend all contact details.

I don't think it is that important

I am going on a road trip taking in a number of cities in different states yet you only out the place you are going first.

They obviously are not that interested in the full details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

No don't reapply.

When you are checking in for your flight you will be asked for your US address information.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

maximum12 wrote: »
    No don't reapply.

When you are checking in for your flight you will be asked for your US address information.

+1 Some airlines allow you to fill in this data in advance on their website which will speed things up at check-in. Just be careful in case they also want all of the passport data for your party so have all of that ready when you go to enter the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I've added my API on the Aer Lingus website so that's done. But I've often been asked when flying to the states is my Esta filled out. I've never had an issue because on other Esta's I've only gone to one place. So you don't think that I need to change the point of contact detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

So you don't think that I need to change the point of contact detail?

No, they don't expect you to apply for a new ESTA for each trip so if you can't update that field for your next trip, it isn't going to matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I applied for Esta on Wednesday and haven't got a response yet. Is this unusual? In the past I got instant acceptance. This time I am only passing through the U.S. en route to Canada so did not have to give an American address.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

vienne86 wrote: »
    I applied for Esta on Wednesday and haven't got a response yet. Is this unusual? In the past I got instant acceptance. This time I am only passing through the U.S. en route to Canada so did not have to give an American address.

OK so I got it .....I just needed to go back in and check the application on the ESTA website.....I thought they would send an email.

Advertisement