Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Juniior Cert HL Study notes sites?

Options
  • 27-09-2016 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone recommend Junior Cert Study notes sites in particular, English HL? Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PeakSaren

I was interested in this too as I am sitting my HL English Junior Cert paper in June.

Unfortunately, due to the JCSA and the new English paper, you can't really study as you could have in previous years. There's no past papers, only our "sample papers" booklet which isn't much help at all. I suppose you could make a start and study your play and poetry.

I'd say wait a bit until the ASTI and SEC know what they're doing, and ask your teacher regularly. For us students, it seems like the English JC is just a whole load of confusion this year. We're doing portfolio work (6 page essays, letters to politicians, speeches and debates) and then being told that work might all be for nothing if the teachers reject the new English JC.

TL;Dr: There are none that would suit our JC just yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

I think the main issue with the new Junior Cert is that some certain schools are under one union and other schools under different unions. Both unions are indecisive in their decision on whether to follow the criteria laid down by the department of education or to protest against it and just continue classes like normal, and not send any grades off to the department. It's all one big mess and as a Junior Cert student, I think they should just scrap it all for another couple years and cut their losses. It was a terrible idea to begin with and turned out a catastrophe in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭leinsterjack

Firstly, dont worry, I am sure the Department of Education and all involved want to get this resolved. You shouldn't be as worried as me, as my English Teacher is ASTI so we aren't even doing the portfolio which heavily concerns me.

Next, the main changes to the new paper for this year is the formatting. For example, some questions now are answered in the paper instead of on an answer book. (No particular allegiance to Edco, but I am using them and they have loads of sample papers as well as the SEC samples.)

As mentioned above, ask your teacher and stay up to date with the information being provided by the State Examinations Commission and Department of Education.

Until then, try study your short stories/novel's/poem's/drama's etc. Be able to examine each of these to find a theme/characters feelings etc.

When you are done, try some Sample Paper Questions available from the SEC Website.

Best of Luck!

Advertisement