Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I proceed.....

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

weisses wrote: »
    No they are not .... It would display as " out of stock"

No reseller will accept an order then goes back to the customer telling the product is shipped with a delivery date when said product is not even with their supplier

You are clueless, sorry. This often happens, especially with high demand items. You honestly haven't a notion how this industry works.

Is there any point to your post, except to deny the evidence clearly in front of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

You are clueless, sorry. This often happens, especially with high demand items. You honestly haven't a notion how this industry works.

Is there any point to your post, except to deny the evidence clearly in front of you?

I've come across plenty of places that will offer an expected delivery date, which may then change due to lack of supply, and notify the customer.
    Less so companies that confirm repeatedly to the customer that their item has already shipped, when in fact they're no idea when they're going to receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Walter2016 wrote: »
    If you did the most basic of checks on Google you will have found that service providers worldwide were unable to fulfill orders due to the unexpected demand of the 7.

But sure why check facts when they get in the way of a whine?

Yes and ?? .... Did these providers told customers their Iphone was gonna be delivered in 3 days ? Did these providers also confirmed to customers after the supposed delivery date was passed that they could see that the iphone was definitely shipped ?

Its not the issue they cannot fulfill orders its the fact they willfully Lie to a customer trying to fob them of by stating the phone is on route ... Which is a Lie

I do see how it works ... You think its acceptable customers get lied to purposely by the re seller

The only one that used some evidence is me by posting the Vodafone T&C a big player in the mobile phone industry with a policy that actually makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Eir don't stock the phones themselves, they'll use a third party to deliver and stock their items both in shops and remotely.

This is a supply issue, they took orders for phones that were in stock and are given a stock date then the stock didn't meet the demand on the other end.

• Advertisement

I do see how it works ... You think its acceptable customers get lied to purposely by the re seller

The only one that used some evidence is me by posting the Vodafone T&C a big player in the mobile phone industry with a policy that actually makes sense

Its not a lie. Its an estimated delivery date.

MOH wrote: »
    I've come across plenty of places that will offer an expected delivery date, which may then change due to lack of supply, and notify the customer.
    Less so companies that confirm repeatedly to the customer that their item has already shipped, when in fact they're no idea when they're going to receive it.

If their supplier tells them it has shipped then what else do you expect Eir to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

weisses wrote:
    No reseller will accept an order then goes back to the customer telling the product is shipped with a delivery date when said product is not even with their supplier

weisses wrote:
    No they are not .... It would display as " out of stock"

The very same thing happened to me with s7 phone buying from viking direct. Took payment. Told me phone had been shipped. Told me courier lost phone. Told me that they were refunding me my payment as they didn't know when /if they were getting more in stock.
    Not saying that it's common practice but it seems to happen more than you might think

If their supplier tells them it has shipped then what else do you expect Eir to say?

Well given the options are either Apple lied to Eir about whether the order had shipped or not, or Eir lied to the customer, my money would be on Eir being the liars.

Well given the options are either Apple lied to Eir about whether the order had shipped or not, or Eir lied to the customer, my money would be on Eir being the liars.

Making a mistake isn't lieing.

• Advertisement

Making a mistake isn't lieing.

Mistake after first query acceptable

But after being in contact several occasions where the OP was told its on its way ? That's lying

I ordered a phone from Eir on the 16th of Sept and paid 399 for it iPhone 7 plus. It was due to be delivered on the 19th and never came, on several occassions i queried this and was assured the phone was on the way... Phone never turned up despite their online chat constantly telling me otherwise.

Mistake after first query acceptable

But after being in contact several occasions where the OP was told its on its way ? That's lying

Would you ever cop yourself on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Your idea of customer service is stuck in a time warp

Your idea of customer service is stuck in a time warp

Never said it was great customer service.

Repeatedly giving false information isn't lying?

Repeatedly giving false information isn't lying?
    Do you even know what lying is? Its a deliberate untruth. So both you and that other chap think that Eir customer support are deliberately telling a customer a product is on the way when they know it is not. Don't be so ridiculous. Clearly they had a supplier issue and belied the product was under delivery, that doesn't make them liars. :rolleyes:

Do you even know what lying is? Its a deliberate untruth. So both you and that other chap think that Eir customer support are deliberately telling a customer a product is on the way when they know it is not. Don't be so ridiculous. Clearly they had a supplier issue and belied the product was under delivery, that doesn't make them liars. :rolleyes:

If they're relying on dropshipping from a supplier, then they could give the customer replies such as "we're not sure how long the order will take", "we'll need to confirm the date with our supplier" , "our supplier tells us the phone is on the way and should be there by blah".

They were the ones who chose to commit to a fixed date, repeatedly said the phone was on it's way, and then admitted there was no phone. Nobody forced them not to be up front with the customer.

I find it hilarious that you're so determined to believe Eir did nothing wrong, when clearly they did. Don't be so ridiculous :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

not weighing in on the rights and wrongs of selling a product with no stock, just want to wish the op good luck with his refund. I have been waiting since Aug 15 for a refund from Eir. terrible customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

A Freudian slip if ever I saw one!

verb (used with object), belied, belying.
    to show to be false; contradict:
    His trembling hands belied his calm voice.
    to misrepresent:
    The newspaper belied the facts.
    to act unworthily according to the standards of (a tradition, one's ancestry, one's faith, etc.).
    Archaic. to lie about; slander.

If they're relying on dropshipping from a supplier, then they could give the customer replies such as "we're not sure how long the order will take", "we'll need to confirm the date with our supplier" , "our supplier tells us the phone is on the way and should be there by blah".

They were the ones who chose to commit to a fixed date, repeatedly said the phone was on it's way, and then admitted there was no phone. Nobody forced them not to be up front with the customer.

I find it hilarious that you're so determined to believe Eir did nothing wrong, when clearly they did. Don't be so ridiculous :rolleyes:

No, this isn't how it works. I am not sure how ye are failing to grasp this as its both simple and widespread, but i will try one more time.

Resellers do not hold (much) stock. They rely on their supplier fulfilling orders, or they have set delivery dates for stock. When a buyer places an order the information that is given to them around the delivery date is based on the supplier fulfilling their end of the contract. They don't say "we don't know when you will get it" as they have specific service level agreements with suppliers around orders, they are not lying when they are told devices have shipped or the SLA states the device will arrive at X time with the buyer. They pass on estimated times of delivery and can only go with the information their supplier gives them.

In this case their is an issue with the supplier- there is a shortage of iPhone 7s, this is worldwide and not specific to Eir. Most likely Eir operated on the assumption that the supplier was fulfilling the order as normal and only when the supplier informed them that in fact the order was not fulfilled could they pass this info on the the customer.

If you think Eir did anything unusual then you have absolutely no clue about these these businesses operate.

• Advertisement

In this case their is an issue with the supplier- there is a shortage of iPhone 7s, this is worldwide and not specific to Eir. Most likely Eir operated on the assumption that the supplier was fulfilling the order as normal and only when the supplier informed them that in fact the order was not fulfilled could they pass this info on the the customer.

If you think Eir did anything unusual then you have absolutely no clue about these these businesses operate.

I try one more time

As you stated that almost every reseller acts like Eir

Which clearly isnt the case

Perfectly explained in the Vodafone T&C (its not rocket science)
    Sudden Unavailability: If we are unable to supply you with a Good, for example because that Good is not in stock or no longer available we will inform you of this and will not process your order, and refund you the full amount as soon as possible.

I highlighted how it works with resellers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - enough back and forth. Please focus on offering advice to the OP

dudara

Advertisement