Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

God natalya bugs the hell out of me. Can't WWE make her an ambassador or something and a pay her to stay away ? All the other women on smackdown have huge upside and have talent and can do all the aspects needed to an acceptable level. Natalya IMO cant and is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

SD mania matches I'd like to see

Shane vs Dean Ambrose- Extreme rules match

Cena vs Taker (c) for the world title

Miz vs A Daniel Bryan Guy (NXT guy or Sami Zayn)- Bryan will cost Miz the title a few weeks before hand

Styles vs Ziggler (c) vs Shelton Benjamin vs Kane vs Baron Corbin vs Jack Swagger- 6 man intercon ladder match

Orton and Wyatt's (c) vs New Day- Orton will turn on Wyatt in this match

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That just remeinded me, what happened with Shelton?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    SD mania matches I'd like to see

Shane vs Dean Ambrose- Extreme rules match

Cena vs Taker (c) for the world title

Miz vs A Daniel Bryan Guy (NXT guy or Sami Zayn)- Bryan will cost Miz the title a few weeks before hand

Styles vs Ziggler (c) vs Shelton Benjamin vs Kane vs Baron Corbin vs Jack Swagger- 6 man intercon ladder match

Orton and Wyatt's (c) vs New Day- Orton will turn on Wyatt in this match

Styles after the year he had would be wondering what the fúck he did to be put in a match with Jumpin Jack Swagger

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »

He got injured just before he was due to return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Shoulder injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tom Philips doesn't look so awkward at the commentary table now.

AJ Styles & The Miz work so well together.

Future feud hopefully.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Part of me is glad we didnt get American Alpha vs the Wyatts yet since AA would not win. I am totally ok with the ****e Bros being fed to Wyatts .

Where are the Usos?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Between Wyatts vs Hype Bros and Styles vs Ziggler, the Smackdown side of the Rumble looks very predictable so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I love how little Bryan cares about what he says on Talking Smack...

https://streamable.com/a3hw

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Between Wyatts vs Hype Bros and Styles vs Ziggler, the Smackdown side of the Rumble looks very predictable so far...

Its a holding pattern until WM season kicks in. All the feuds are just filler. Also the depth of top talent on Smackdown was evident with the main event. Luke Harper just lumped in there for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Lord TSC wrote: »

The Rumble isn't for 7 or 8 weeks. Randy Orton will not be feuding with Mojo Rawley that whole time.

Ziggler's hair would give Alicia Fox's a run for its money.

Dec 27th edition of SD features Ziggler vs Styles for the title and The return of John Cena

I wonder will Taker make an appearance too setup a match with Styles or Cena ???

Love If Cena was doing a promo and Taker appears and challenges him to a match at mania.

Wonder would a Styles vs Cena vs Taker triple threat for the Title work at Mania ???

Remember when Taker said he would be around more?

Now I think of it, having a live episode on Dec 27th is a bit mad. I know the States don't have a holiday for St Stephen's Day but still. Actually is Raw live on the 26th? I would assume it's the highlights show

Remember when Taker said he would be around more?

Now I think of it, having a live episode on Dec 27th is a bit mad. I know the States don't have a holiday for St Stephen's Day but still. Actually is Raw live on the 26th? I would assume it's the highlights show

Are they doing a Slammy awards thing dis year ???

Are they doing a Slammy awards thing dis year ???

No Slammy's this year, back next year.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    No Slammy's this year, back next year.

Ah Lith, I've read they have no plans for Slammies too..... but that could easily change knowing WWE.

So much for their tag title shot...

https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/809420867587416064

Bad knee injury apparently, and he's off to have surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Smackdown is a show where it's so blatantly obvious there is a major shortage of faces as the only 2 pushed ones (Ziggler & Ambrose) could do with turning. Cena coming back is needed but he's part time.
    Good to see Lynch dropped that honey badger thing fast & Harper impressed in the main event, a nice reminder of what he is capable of since he returned from injury.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Smackdown is a show where it's so blatantly obvious there is a major shortage of faces as the only 2 pushed ones (Ziggler & Ambrose) could do with turning. Cena coming back is needed but he's part time.
    Good to see Lynch dropped that honey badger thing fast & Harper impressed in the main event, a nice reminder of what he is capable of since he returned from injury.

They could do with some NXT guys moving up like Aries, Dillinger, the Revival and Nakamura (new main event star).

Love Roode and Joe there too but they seem like Raw guys to me

They could do with some NXT guys moving up like Aries, Dillinger, the Revival and Nakamura (new main event star).

Love Roode and Joe there too but they seem like Raw guys to me

They need some new top babyfaces fast.

Aries is injured, and hes a heel anyway

Dillinger isnt up to scratch and would be a step above Mojo Rawley at best.

The Revival are also heels and theres already enough good heel teams on SD.

That leaves Nakamura. Who isnt going anywhere until after the next Takeover at least.

Joe is a possiblity as is Zayn if they trade him, but other than that they are in serious need of some new top good guys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Think with the right booking Dillenger could be good on Smackdown, he's got a good gimmick and is decent in the ring plus they could do with some mid carders on Smackdown.

Bobby Roode and Joe could do with going to Smackdown, would be too many bigger established WWE names on Raw in their way and Roode would be mid carder at best on Raw and wouldn't go any higher where on Smackdown he could go straight into the IC picture and move on up to the main event scene in time.

Think with the right booking Dillenger could be good on Smackdown, he's got a good gimmick and is decent in the ring plus they could do with some mid carders on Smackdown.

Bobby Roode and Joe could do with going to Smackdown, would be too many bigger established WWE names on Raw in their way and Roode would be mid carder at best on Raw and wouldn't go any higher where on Smackdown he could go straight into the IC picture and move on up to the main event scene in time.

I think the gimmick works with the Full sail crowd, but in the big picture its a very thin gimmick. Apart from him entering the Royal Rumble at number 10, I can see it getting stale fairly quick on the main roster. He'd be grand in NXT as a gatekeeper role for new talent debuting.

Roode certainly has wiped the TNA stink off him very well, everything about his persona is working. The music, the cockiness and he's the first person since Flair to actually look like a star wearing a robe (AJ looked ridiculous)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I feel sorry for Zayn. If he had went to Smackdown he would be able to feud with the Miz. Also seeing as Ziggler has got another chance It could have been Zayns, After Ziggler and Ambrose.

Single Faces;

1. Cena ( Not there)
    2. The Undertaker ( Not there, Presume face when back)
    3. Ambrose
    4. Ziggler
    5. Kalisto
    6. Jack Swaggger

Ellsworth is a comedy act.

Bring in a bulk of the NXT roster/combine 205 and make SD 3 hours like raw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Bring in a bulk of the NXT roster/combine 205 and make SD 3 hours like raw

Why?

And the reasons this isnt possible is first they have a Network that they need to supply new content with. Second USA arent gonna pay them for a third hour on Tuesdays and third WWE is a business so just sending all your favourites to one show isnt a smart business decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A belated post but I thought this week's Smackdown was one of the worst since the brand split. If I'd attended this show I'd be hugely disappointed.

It starts off with a horrendously acted segment where Ellsworth is supposed to be sick. This was what they came up with to explain him not being able to take on an injured Styles? The only excuse for lame, hammy overacting this bad is when the wrestler involved is not sick but is deliberately trying to get out of having to do a match. Well this was the opposite; and it was terrible.

I enjoyed Miz in the segment with Styles but it descended into farce when Ziggler came out - to probably the quietest pop I can ever recall for him, so they've killed him off. Ziggler proceeds to get his ass handed to him by Miz, and then gets laid out by Ambrose to boot. This was such a burial, and considering what happened to him at the end of the show - this was mind-boggling in its stupidity.

Carmella match with Natalya was pretty meh. Why am I stiil supposed to care about Nikki getting laid out before Survivor Series which was WEEKS ago? People get attacked on this show all the time. Survivor Series is over now, so as a fan am I supposed to be incensed that Nikki didn't get to appear in the elimination match which, again, ended WEEKS ago? She got beaten up. It was bad and all but like I said, we get these things happening all the time. It's hardly on a par with someone trying to run over Austin with a car is it? End this already.

The backstage segment with the comedian and Apollo was so awful. Sad thing is they'll probably cite this as evidence that Apollo just can't get himself over, as opposed to it being him being thrown into a terrible skit.

Then we get a tag team battle royal where it now transpires Rhyno hasn't walked out on Slater after all. They really need to get their stories straight. I was sure American Alpha would win but to my amazement they give the win to The Hype Bros. Who on earth would give those guys a hope against Orton and Wyatt? American Alpha are getting less and less special each week and to top it all off, Ryder gets a knee injury which means we'll likely now get American Alpha after all, just coming after a loss. (I also have a fear we will soon see a tag team consisting of Mojo Rawley and Heath Slater since those guys will soon be at a loose end.)

I liked Alexa's heel work when she came out, and Shane setting up the match with her and Becky was done well - but then we get a lame count-out finish. Becky looks stupid just standing there waiting for Alexa to come in when she could have gone after her if she wanted her in there, and to make matters worse, we don't hear from Shane again. So the heel got to get one over on the babyface and management after all. You lied to me, Shane. This show isn't any better than Raw.

(On the plus side, I did like Alexa running in just fine to emphasize she wasn't injured, and her explanation of her actions - 'the adrenaline kicked in' - was well explained on Talking Smack afterwards. I enjoy her character a lot.)

The main event was a good match and Luke Harper showed off his qualities, but the finish...I couldn't believe it. Dolph? The guy who FAILED to win the IC Title - miserably failed, I might add - he is now the guy the fans have to believe has a chance to win the WWE Title? The guy who you booked like a complete joke and loser earlier tonight ON THIS VERY SHOW?

This was something else. If you want to give AJ a short mini feud to tide him over to Rumble, that's fine. But why make it the guy who has been on a losing streak? Why not give it to a guy who has been picking up wins. Kane, for instance. Now do I want to see that match desperately? No. But at least Kane has been picking up wins when he's competed so it makes some sense at least. And if the idea was to have it be Ziggler to at least guarantee some good matches, okay then go with Dolph - but why make him look like a complete geek earlier in the show? It makes zero sense to present a contender this way, and it will do nothing to help him garner sympathy.

This was one of the worst Smackdowns of the year imo. I much preferred Raw this week.

• Advertisement

I feel its a massive shame that Bray is so tied up in the tag division and the feud with Orton. A face turn for Bray (and Orton & Harper) and going against AJ and, ideally, a drafted Club, would be fresh and interesting. You could also swerve the obvious story a bit and have Orton betray Bray but as the heel, rather than the face.

Advertisement