Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

dusty bin wrote: »
    Thats assuming they have the title matches before the rumble, and as i mentioned in another thread, I dont think they'll end the night with the womens rumble for second year in a row. and they wont have back to back rumble matches either. If they dont open and close with a rumble, then there is hope.

i'm much more interested in the womens rumble myself, but if rumours about a certain Mr. DJ participating are true, then the mens rumble will definitely be last match on. Hope I'm wrong.

Ha, if they do run the women's rumble before the Smackdown title match poor old Asuka could be booed to high heaven as a knock on effect.

There is the possibility Ronda loses her title, enters the Rumble, wins and faces... ok, I'm living in dreamland now so I'll stop there.

I love Rumble season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

dusty bin wrote:
    i'm much more interested in the womens rumble myself, but if rumours about a certain Mr. DJ participating are true, then the mens rumble will definitely be last match on. Hope I'm wrong.

Well thanks for spoiling the return of DJ Gabriel for us all. I fully understand why it would go on last now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well thanks for spoiling the return of DJ Gabriel for us all. I fully understand why it would go on last now though.

Its not DJ Gabriel,

Its David Guetta confirmed, pffffft

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

martyos121 wrote: »

I am so sorry, I should have spoilerised it. It wasnt intentional, but due to lack of experience. ps, I only heard said rumour at weekend, and it may be just that, a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Necro wrote: »
    Ha, if they do run the women's rumble before the Smackdown title match poor old Asuka could be booed to high heaven as a knock on effect.

There is the possibility Ronda loses her title, enters the Rumble, wins and faces... ok, I'm living in dreamland now so I'll stop there.

I love Rumble season though.

I hadnt thought of that yet. I had thought that if rumble was before the smackdown title match, then charlotte or whom ever wins it (imagine it was Nia Jax) would be protected from boos due to fans knowing becky would be along later, but now it puts asuka in an interesting position.

Re: last nights smackdown, anyone else get the feeling Aj is winning the title again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Asuka won't get booed. Sure she took the title off Becky and fans cheered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It doesnt...... Becky can win and make it Title vs Title,

Becky can lose to Asuka (doenst have to be clean) and still be in the Rumble.

You could have champion vs champion vs rumble winner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    You could have champion vs champion vs rumble winner too.

If Im a betting man, Rousey wins and at WM she goes against both Flair and Lynch.

Lynch and Flair both have issues with Ronda after TLC, both unresolved. One could win the Rumble, Flair and one could be added to the match at Fastlane some how (say a screwy finish between Flair and Lynch in a match where the WM shot is on the line).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I wonder if they'll try the old luger/Bret angle with Charlotte and Becky going over at the same time so joint winners

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll try the old luger/Bret angle with Charlotte and Becky going over at the same time so joint winners

I hope not as that never works properly and charlotte is taller than Becky and the one time in the rumble they've tried didn't work. It was clear to see it wasn't a simultaneous elimination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This pretty much confirms Charlotte vs Rhonda at WM?

If I were booking it. Charlotte would have won the title at TLC & Lynch wins the Rumble eliminating Nia Jax last. Lynch then challenges Charlotte & Ronda cause "she wants it all; rahr, rahr, rahr". I have up at the end of that promo but felt if I pitched it to Vince he'd be most intrigued at that babble than a logical plot.
    Carmella did well in the triple threat; she looked a step behind the other 2 but not as far a gap as I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lana has competed in a Money in the Bank match but one back bump last week has her at home recuperating?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The fan in me is hoping for Becky to lose in some sort of Bret vs Austin WM13 type way, even just passing out in the Asuka Lock, but have her look out of it after the match and helped to the back

Number 30 is her and she tears down the house

Other than that, maybe she wins the title, and herself and Charlotte cost Rousey the Raw title, with Charlotte winning the Rumble and Rousey choosing for her rematch to be against Becky

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lana has competed in a Money in the Bank match but one back bump last week has her at home recuperating?

She wasn't in proper ring attire last week, which is the obvious reason. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lana just grins like an idiot next to Rusev nowdays like a mannequin. They messed up taking away English; both are worse off for it.
    Trying to make Lana Day out of it was an inevitable failure really. The gimmick had a limited shelf life but they really didn't make the most of it bar a few lazy shirts.
    Compare how over he was then to now with Rusev joking about his looks compared to the Hemsworth's right when cutting a promo after his wife got hurt.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The fan in me is hoping for Becky to lose in some sort of Bret vs Austin WM13 type way, even just passing out in the Asuka Lock, but have her look out of it after the match and helped to the back

Number 30 is her and she tears down the house

Other than that, maybe she wins the title, and herself and Charlotte cost Rousey the Raw title, with Charlotte winning the Rumble and Rousey choosing for her rematch to be against Becky

The automatic rematches are gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Like most WWE rules, they'll play fast and loose with that.

Titles are supposed to be defended every 30 days, when it suits them for a storyline.

I think they used the rematch clause line on this or last week's Smackdown. Think it was to get Becky into the triple threat. Because I remember thinking that someone should point out it's no longer a thing according to Triple H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

J. Marston wrote: »
    Like most WWE rules, they'll play fast and loose with that.

Titles are supposed to be defended every 30 days, when it suits them for a storyline.

This feels fairly antiquated - when was it last used?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

True. Other rules that are fast and loose are if someone fights for the title they can’t be in the Rumble too so that technically rules Becky out, but its been done before as well so WWE will do what suits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,360 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why did styles just come out and walk through the crowd ?

What an odd segment there between Styles and Bryan

That poor concession stand got wrecked along with a load of food and poor kids in the front almost getting dragged into the fight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Looks like it's just "Andrade" now. I always liked the way Zelena said "Andrade 'Cien' Almas", but then again I like the way she says most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

What is this Mandy Jimmy angle??!!!

Who's going too turn on who before mania

Miz or Shane ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

TimesArrow wrote: »
    What is this Mandy Jimmy angle??!!!

More to the point, Jimmy brought a camera man with him to the hotel. There already another camera man in the room. The papparazzi guy is pretty redundant at that stage isn't he!? Sh*t is whack, uce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think whatever fountain of youth/drugs rey found while he was away from the wwe everyone should take he was such a wreck before he left know hes still going with the young wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

As much as I love to see Mandy on camera being as sexy as she can be... this flirting/cheating scandal storyline is so old and pointless. Even Sonya’s reaction to it was probably what most people were thinking.

It is good to see a mid card feud but maybe think of something that doesn’t reduce Mandy to being a tramp who fabricates stories about being with blokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Omackeral wrote: »
    More to the point, Jimmy brought a camera man with him to the hotel. There already another camera man in the room. The papparazzi guy is pretty redundant at that stage isn't he!? Sh*t is whack, uce.

This was so confusing to me. WWE's internal logic when it comes to cameras is so strange. You'll have two heels discussing an evil plot in front of a camera and the announcers see it and reference it but the babyface has no idea what's coming.

Not to mention the way they have people watching the monitors in the back by essentially facing the camera and looking over their shoulder at the TV.
    DZ98UkBXUAMlRBn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Monokne wrote: »
    This was so confusing to me. WWE's internal logic when it comes to cameras is so strange. You'll have two heels discussing an evil plot in front of a camera and the announcers see it and reference it but the babyface has no idea what's coming.

Not to mention the way they have people watching the monitors in the back by essentially facing the camera and looking over their shoulder at the TV.
    DZ98UkBXUAMlRBn.jpg

That’s how everyone watches tv, no?

I love nothing better than to position the tv over my right shoulder and look over at it with my arms crossed.

Advertisement