Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TimesArrow wrote: »
    What is this Mandy Jimmy angle??!!!

The other brother Jey should have just said to him "gimme the key" :pac:
    GSPfan wrote: »
    That’s how everyone watches tv, no?

I love nothing better than to position the tv over my right shoulder and look over at it with my arms crossed.

Standing up too of course

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Why are WWE trying to turn Otis into one of the Bushwackers?

What in the name of sweet baby jesus was that shyte?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ERG89 wrote: »
    Standing up too of course

And watching from a foot away. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Why are WWE trying to turn Otis into one of the Bushwackers?

What in the name of sweet baby jesus was that shyte?

He's always been a bit....eccentric, hasn't he? I like him, I'll take his wackiness over whatever nonsense Nikki Cross is supposed to be.

Don't know if it was a tease for down the road but Becky vs Lacey could be a fun feud. The Man vs The Lady. She could be someone who really gets under Becky's skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mike Chioda had better be careful of Aleister Black. Was just watching him stop Vega on the ropes, hand goes from thigh to butt. :)

Seriously though, with the bit with Alexa getting dressed on Raw then Mandy Rose on Smackdown, it seems like they're taking a step back. Unless trying to be more sexy is an attempt to get more viewers.

And seems Shane's planning on having the Rumble a week early

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rey Mysterio vs Andrande in a 2 Out of 3 Falls match announced for this weeks episode.

As was Ali vs Joe.

Those are two awesome matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hope they're done right

They don't fit on an already stacked Rumble card, the Raw/SD before and after PPVs should have more of these matches where they can be given more than 5/6 mins

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Rey Mysterio vs Andrande in a 2 Out of 3 Falls match announced for this weeks episode.

As was Ali vs Joe.

Those are two awesome matches.

Have to say the last two Mysterio/Andrade matches have been great. Then Ali vs Joe should be a great match ( David vs Goliath)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Vince to moderate aj/Bryan contract smackdown going all out this week

• Registered Users Posts: 38,360 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »
    Vince to moderate aj/Bryan contract smackdown going all out this week

Vince will prob end up getting caught in the crossfire with AJ laying him out again

Ah yeah great Mandy rose vs Naomi tonight can't wait

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Vince will prob end up getting caught in the crossfire with AJ laying him out again

Ah yeah great Mandy rose vs Naomi tonight can't wait

I'm convinced this aj stuff is leading to him getting taker at mania

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jaysus poor AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Thatd be a somewhat interesting match. I know AJ was rumoured to face someone else at Mania but If taker has to compete, this would be a decent match

My guess is that aj is the one they feel can get a good match out of taker

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don’t think AJ is even up to that task these days. Only Rollins could have a passable match with him now IMO, and that would be way below the usual standard of a Rollins PPV match.

AJ looks like he’s slowed down just a tiny bit in the last year or so. He’s still clearly one of the very best in the WWE, but Rollins has a more exciting move set and would be a more believable opponent for Taker. I don’t think that will happen or even how they’d made it happen, but I’d be more interested in that than Styles vs. Taker.

I’d rather see Styles still in the title picture at Mania. I think a triple threat between himself, Bryan and Joe would be all kinds of amazing and it might be the last chance to ever do that match on TV, even though it happened in 2004 on the indy scene before any of them made it huge. Doesn’t matter who’s champion or how they make it a reality, it’d be a quality WWE title match for WrestleMania.

I don't think he's capable of a passable match anymore and putting the likes of AJ or Rollins with him would only highlight his weaknesses more with the speed they can move.

Getting the taker mania slot is an honour in the wrestling world but the man should of called it a day already. It could get embarrassing if he keeps on going

This could be styles last mania if he doesn't renew his contract

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote:
    I don't think he's capable of a passable match anymore and putting the likes of AJ or Rollins with him would only highlight his weaknesses more with the speed they can move.

PTH2009 wrote:
    Getting the taker mania slot is an honour in the wrestling world but the man should of called it a day already. It could get embarrassing if he keeps on going

Agree with this. Taker should have retired after he lost to Lesnar. His aura is completely and utterly gone at this point, it's just an old man in dress up staggering around the ring embarrassing himself now.

Taker was always one of my fave guys growing up, if not the favourite wrestler of mine.

But he should be long retired and given the HOF speech out of character we all want to hear. Instead with every passing year it gets worse and worse and eventually (if not now even) people will just get sick of him, and that's a shame and a tarnish on his legacy which is arguably the greatest of all time.

Tbf if Mandy Rose was coming onto you

You'd be there like the flash lol

Is it just me or is Miz looking very slow in the ring?

Honestly, couldn’t give less of a s*it bout this miz/Shane story. Watch them win the belts on Sunday

• Advertisement

Honestly, couldn’t give less of a s*it bout this miz/Shane story. Watch them win the belts on Sunday

Shane acting hurt is horrible to watch

Remember the noises from him when KO and Zayn attacked him

We all knw this is leading to a Shane vs Miz mania match

The New Daniel Bryan gets better and better every week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I thought maybe Shane was turning on him? Something about how thick they were laying it on with the cake and everything last week.

That Bryan promo was fantastic. Was unsure of his new character at first, thought it would be too goofy, but he is nailing it.

Becky sandbagging Charlotte's "Ken" was funny too.

What’s likely to happen with the wwe title at Mania? Really can’t predixt who’s gonna face DB for the belt

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

What’s likely to happen with the wwe title at Mania? Really can’t predixt who’s gonna face DB for the belt

i'm not sure that even db retains. last night he pulled vince in front of him and aj stopped himself from flying into vince. could that help aj in the long run?

wouldnt be surprised if both finn and aj become new champions and vince the next night changing things up by swapping the shows the champions appear on. All of sudden, its finn v Bryan, or v joe, or v Orton whilst aj gets to defend against rollins or Drew. The new options will give both shows an injection of freshness.

I'm convinced finn beats lesnar, with help from braun, ala eddie g and goldberg from 2004. finn v DB @ WM.

bryans promos are just brilliant.

give me almas/ rey every week.

for the mania plans on smackdown im really not sure what theyll do. i think bryan stays champ and doesnt look like miz will be the challenger as he loos set for shane. i wouldnt be surprised if its rey vs bryan for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Listening to Bryan cut these promos and couldn't help but think he's perfectly describing the New Day. They might not be everyone's cup of tea anymore as it's the same thing over and over with them but the promos Bryan could cut would be epic and much more entertaining than a feud with Randell or Rey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Very unclear from the TV what the direction is for Mania, if they even have one. Rey has been pinned clean 2 of the last 3 weeks, Ali who came in beating Bryan lost clean & easy to Joe, Jeff Hardy feels like he's been slotted further down, & Rusev is in a different spot. When I see how weak the babyface side is I almost wonder if AJ will take the title back and work with a heel, maybe Randy?

I know this will sound absurd, but I would have Ali win the Royal Rumble. Every year there's a list of 3 - 4 guys with tangible chances of winning it which makes the entire thing predictable. This would give real cache to the idea anyone could win it, going forward. I think Ali is talented and has a real gift for connecting with the audience through his selling and would play well off Bryan. Plus the WWE title match is likely to be at best 5th most important match on the show after both women's titles, the Universal title, and Undertaker. Maybe even lower than that if Shane or other part timers are on the show. So it's not like the match is being relied on to draw. I would just try and make a new star out of it.

• Advertisement

Wouldn’t be surprised if he went into a program with New Day. Is it worthy of Wrestlemania? Probably not. Very few viable babyface options on smackdown as it stands

Advertisement