Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Is Miz going to get stuck in the shane mcmahon wrestlemania match this year, i really hope not, they've a great feud between Miz and Bryan there if they wanted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Listening to Bryan cut these promos and couldn't help but think he's perfectly describing the New Day. They might not be everyone's cup of tea anymore as it's the same thing over and over with them but the promos Bryan could cut would be epic and much more entertaining than a feud with Randell or Rey.
    TimesArrow wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be surprised if he went into a program with New Day. Is it worthy of Wrestlemania? Probably not. Very few viable babyface options on smackdown as it stands

I’d utterly adore if Kofi finally won a Rumble. Just....it would be my favorite thing ever,

I also 5ink New Day are absolutely the most over faces on SD after Styles. A proper feud with Bryan and New Day would be phenomenal. Great call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Is Miz going to get stuck in the shane mcmahon wrestlemania match this year, i really hope not, they've a great feud between Miz and Bryan there if they wanted

Suspect if you offered Miz the chance for a major pushed, focused singles match at Wrestlemania - which is a guarantee when you're in there with a McMahon - complete with the payoff that comes along with it, he would bite your f*cking hand off. Since his big WM Main event, he's been on the preshow once, in the battle royal twice, in a multi person match, & in a 3 way on the undercard. His mixed tag in 2017 with Cena & Nikki is the only real focused spot he's had at Mania in the last 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,360 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There are 2 ppvs before mania so plenty of room for ****e feuds too finish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Think Bryan as the face makes that story better, they'll prob save it for another year.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    There are 2 ppvs before mania so plenty of room for ****e feuds too finish

They're not wrapping up Shane McMahon's feud before Wrestlemania, though.

Monokne wrote: »
    They're not wrapping up Shane McMahon's feud before Wrestlemania, though.

Wtf was that facial expression after he went through the table

No idea

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Not a fan of Becky’s music at all.. if they’re going for STone cold comparisons, he never really acknowledged the fans cheering him a lot, Becky does. Maybe it’s a small thing and I’m nitpicking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That was bizzare :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Be a lot more interesting as a champion than Nakamura at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Be a lot more interesting as a champion than Nakamura at least

Could be a short reign!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was Bryan at his peak, can draw so many comparisons to 2010 CM Punk and the SES. The new title is perfect, looks just as shîtty as it needs to in order to draw heat.

Never thought I’d say it after the whole “Yes Movement” but Bryan really is a natural heel when his lifestyle choices are part of his on-screen persona. It works so well because it’s an exaggerated version of who he really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Haha at least Rusev dropping the title to Naka makes sense now!! At least they had the decency to protect the latter from that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haha at least Rusev dropping the title to Naka makes sense now!! At least they had the decency to protect the latter from that.

They still had Rusev job to R-Truth though. And now they’ve turned him heel again. Terrible booking for Rusev.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

dont like how they got there as it makes no sense but love the idea of nakamarua/rusev team

love bryans championship suits him so perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bryan throwing the belt in the bin might be the first time a heel has legit pissed me off in years.

Fùckin' hippy.

I liked the belt thing too. It was risky but it makes sense for the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Don't know if Rusev or the US title took a bigger hit last night. The latter is on a comedy character and the former is now buddy's with the guy who put his wife in harms way twice in the last month. Great idea it was breaking him up with English as the 2 have really flourished since.
    The hemp belt is kitchy but Bryan has been a borderline comedy heel for weeks so he might as well go all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The worrying thing is when he does lose it they might introduce the blue version of the Universal belt for Smackdown which would be horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think this looks incredible, actually.

H3HTMNQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How much is WWE shop going to sell the Eco friendly recycled belt for?

Probably more than they do the normal belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

How much is WWE shop going to sell the Eco friendly recycled belt for?

Probably more than they do the normal belts.

them selling that would give bryan a great rant needs to happen

that shane and miz segment was embarrasing and Mizs dad WTF

I wonder will it be Shane who turns on Miz leading to the mania match ???? Could they hold the titles til mania and lose them there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Loughc wrote: »
    They still had Rusev job to R-Truth though. And now they’ve turned him heel again. Terrible booking for Rusev.

Honestly never should have broken up Rusev and Aiden English. That tandem was over. Do a personal angle only to turn English heel and then what?! No pay off. Didn't benefit either party. Should've put the tag straps on them for freshness. Now Aiden is a commentator on 205 live of all things and Rusev is bloody heel again. Senseless stuff. Rusev had been popular for so long, is genuinely likeable and is very believable as a threat to the top guys if pushed properly. It's just sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Omackeral wrote: »
    Honestly never should have broken up Rusev and Aiden English. That tandem was over. Do a personal angle only to turn English heel and then what?! No pay off. Didn't benefit either party. Should've put the tag straps on them for freshness. Now Aiden is a commentator on 205 live of all things and Rusev is bloody heel again. Senseless stuff. Rusev had been popular for so long, is genuinely likeable and is very believable as a threat to the top guys if pushed properly. It's just sad.

Vince will never push a Eastern bloc foreigner seriously as a face.

yes, he has that out of touch with reality, and probably racist.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »

I guess that'll teach Rusev for getting over on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    that shane and miz segment was embarrasing and Mizs dad WTF

I wonder will it be Shane who turns on Miz leading to the mania match ???? Could they hold the titles til mania and lose them there ??

any interest I had in Miz is non-existent at this point. and I have never cared about shane. especially now. this story line is just dreadful. every time shane speaks, he fluffs his lines and appearsnervous/emotional. and im sick and tired of the coast to coast/elbow on to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well looks like it's official. We have another guy who WWE can't be bothered wasting letters on in Rowan.
    How come the women get their full names plus titles like Goddess, yet the men lose half or 2 thirds of their names?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well looks like it's official. We have another guy who WWE can't be bothered wasting letters on in Rowan.
    How come the women get their full names plus titles like Goddess, yet the men lose half or 2 thirds of their names?

Rowan and Harper both lost their last names during their run as Bludgeon Brothers. As far as women go, Nattie lost Neidhart and Tamina lost Snuka.

Advertisement