Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Monokne wrote: »
    I can't disagree with this more strongly.

The term "X Pac heat" came about because no-one wanted to see X-Pac.

Orton is still a huge star and gets big reactions from the live audience most of the time. He also intermittently gets fresh and hot, like when he was hitting his RKO's "outta nowhere" a year or so back or in the Lesnar feud.

Clearly he coasts as a performer, his act is very stale and if you're a hardcore fan, there's not huge appeal to him.

But X Pac? No, not even close.

Meh, he only gets a reaction for his RKO. The crowd barely even reacts to him outside of that. I didn't say he was, I said he's becoming that way due to his lame ass, same old rubbish for the past decade.

He hasn't been interesting since his Legend Killer days, that Lesnar feud you talk about was arguably the worst this side of the Dean Ambrose Mania match.

I'm sick of him hanging around the main event scene like a bad smell with his monotone, robotic promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I don't disagree with any of what you say about him being uninteresting.

But he's just so many levels above the star X-Pac was, it doesn't seem like a reasonable analogy.

He had something in 2009. Was such a shame that was squandered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't disagree with any of what you say about him being uninteresting.

But he's just so many levels above the star X-Pac was, it doesn't seem like a reasonable analogy.

He had something in 2009. Was such a shame that was squandered.

I'd agree on that. The whole Evolution thing moving into the Legend Killer gimmick he was excellent. They completely mishandled his first title reign though going back to HHH was stupid but typical. Funny that it's actually still going on in 2019.

Not funny haha, but just incredible that he still has to go over :cool:

Yeah there were many times he was on the cusp and went no further. All that said, I think part of it is that internally they didn't trust him. He just strikes you as someone not that driven. Guys that reinvent themselves have more success. He doesn't seem to push himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

What was the point of AJ punching Vince a few weeks back?

Has that storyline been scrapped?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Officer999 wrote:
    Has that storyline been scrapped?

Remind me what the storyline was meant to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ERG89 wrote: »
    Remind me what the storyline was meant to be?

He wanted AJ to transform into a pitbull or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeah there were many times he was on the cusp and went no further. All that said, I think part of it is that internally they didn't trust him. He just strikes you as someone not that driven. Guys that reinvent themselves have more success. He doesn't seem to push himself.

I think Randy is as good as they want him to be to be honest. He's shown only in very recent history that he can flip the switch in an instant and have the crowd in the palm of his hand.

I'm sure if they came to him tomorrow and said listen we have this idea for you he'd be open minded

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Was Charlotte saying Mishter McMahon during her promo last tuesday?

How will they explain Asuka's absence since the royal rumble. I know there's a lack of legitimate challengers on smackdowm at the moment due to two of them trying to challenge the Raw womens champion, but apart from a video last week, there's been nothing else about her. I still think a rematch v charlotte from last year is the one to have, but charlotte will be in the 3 way, sorry main event against ronda thanks to Mishter McMahon.

Can becky claim to have injured her during their bout?

She's just been off TV. I don't think you need to retroactively explain it.

• Advertisement

Asuka being off tv is ok, maybe they're actually thinking about what to do with her instead of sending her out to cut shat promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

No harm really, otherwise you have her doing a Rousey and having a match against somebody with no spark just to fill in a few minutes

Asuka's either going to face Charlotte or be buried at Mania, who on the SD side has even an ounce of credibility to face her? Naomi is about it but even then....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

If not Charlotte, maybe bring back Trish Stratus to face Asuka at WrestleMania.

Someone from Raw will be brought over, Natalya teased it already but I think it could be Alexa. They can explain it away by saying Becky and Charlotte are competing for the Raw title so Smackdown gets a Raw star. Plus they had a rivalry last year before Asuka picked Charlotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Still think there is an outside chance of it becoming a fatal 4 way with Auska being added. Honestly adding her to the match makes more sense to me than Charlotte being taken out of the match at this point. Askua beat Becky... ok wins and loses mean diddly squat but legitimately she beat Becky clean at the Rumble in the middle of Becky's hot streak. She should have some say, weather she is added to the match or not. I hope she gets booked with a decent match at mania either way. Askua rules!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Someone from Raw will be brought over, Natalya teased it already but I think it could be Alexa. They can explain it away by saying Becky and Charlotte are competing for the Raw title so Smackdown gets a Raw star. Plus they had a rivalry last year before Asuka picked Charlotte.

I would imagine there are 3 options - Alexa, Nia or someone from the outside be that NXT (Kairi?) or a legend (Trish?).

Charlotte's arm, ouch...

vkuaiwh4bkh21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I was wondering if those crutches were fake or something because Becky was absolutely swinging them like a baseball bat

Fair play to Rousey and Charlotte they took some shots

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will Smackdown get call ups as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Will Smackdown get call ups as well?

I don't think they were call-ups. Aleister Black had NXT graphics on his name.
    We might get a similar situation though, where Adam Cole and Velveteen Dream have matches.
    Hopefully they do a better job of making them seem like a big deal.

• Advertisement

The NXT talent is scheduled for Smackdown tomorrow, and all tapings going forward - as in Smackdown, Raw AND NXT. So yes, they have been called up however it appears they will be working out a few more months on NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,359 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

All these sudden NXT guys appearing on the main roster is a weird one

are WWE secretly ****ting it cause of AEW and there billionaire owner and influential management ???

• Registered Users Posts: 60,617 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They are throwing as much **** out there as they can hoping some of it will hit.

Trying to force a new era of wrestling instead of letting it evolve by itself is most of the problem.

So at fastlane it's usos vs miz/Shane McMahon in the mizs home town

Who's going too flip out and turn ???

Shane turning makes more sense as he would deff receive unreal heat. Miz would get cheered id say

Oh it's Zelina Black ha

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

So it’s Kofi Bryan at Mania.. does that rule out a match at Mania? Maybe there’ll be a screwy finish and Kofi gets a WM title match too

Ah....hope all is ok with Ciampa. In this day and age hard to know whether something was a genuine injury or an intentional spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

TimesArrow wrote: »
    So it’s Kofi Bryan at Mania.. does that rule out a match at Mania? Maybe there’ll be a screwy finish and Kofi gets a WM title match too

Personally i dont think kofi was ever getting a title match at mania, maybe i'll be wrong but just dont see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Kofi is on fire, don't think he'll make the Mania match with Bryan though, but great to see him getting some shine. Best story WWE has going at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Personally i dont think kofi was ever getting a title match at mania, maybe i'll be wrong but just dont see it happening

Yeah, sadly.

It will be Cena, Owens or Bray I reckon, Meltzer said a few days back it was someone not on the roster.

What bugs me is Kofi winning the title at Mania, even if for a short run, is a genuine “Mania Moment” that the fans seem super hungry for. But, yet again, because it’s not what WWE wants, they look to be moving in a direction to ignore it.

Advertisement