Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, sadly.

It will be Cena, Owens or Bray I reckon, Meltzer said a few days back it was someone not on the roster.

What bugs me is Kofi winning the title at Mania, even if for a short run, is a genuine “Mania Moment” that the fans seem super hungry for. But, yet again, because it’s not what WWE wants, they look to be moving in a direction to ignore it.

will be ok with cena or owens but god if its bray urgh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, sadly.

It will be Cena, Owens or Bray I reckon, Meltzer said a few days back it was someone not on the roster.

What bugs me is Kofi winning the title at Mania, even if for a short run, is a genuine “Mania Moment” that the fans seem super hungry for. But, yet again, because it’s not what WWE wants, they look to be moving in a direction to ignore it.

Really, to be honest, iv'e never read what he says, makes it even worse to be honest if true, that nobody on smackdown gets the spot in their brands mania title match, i agree, Kofi should get the chance, but so should Joe in my opinion, either of those should be given the chance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sky88 wrote: »
    will be ok with cena or owens but god if its bray urgh

They'd hardly go back to Bray VS Bryan with roles reversed...:eek:

Oh God they're gonna do that aren't they...

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

As of yet have zero interest in smackdowns title scene at mania if its any of the above bar kofi. It be great to have something fresh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Asuka, you make history, are great and won the title at Mania, so we wait 4 weeks before letting you appear again, then have you lost to Mandy"

Good to see Sanity still there anyway.

For anyone who knows, what was Big E referring to in Empire? I don't watch but I'm curious. Best use spoiler tags if replying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’d actually welcome a Bryan Cena match at Mania. Or Owens. But we’ll prob end up with Bray and it’ll be built all around the Wyatt family taking sides and Harper will prob side wit Bray. FN yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,359 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ads are getting a bit ridiculous at this stage

2 ad breaks during the main event

• Registered Users Posts: 36,256 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

#AnyoneButWyatt

SlickRic wrote:
    #AnyoneButWyatt

#OrOrton

Seen that match more times even than Wyatt VS Bryan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Necro wrote: »
    #OrOrton

Seen that match more times even than Wyatt VS Bryan.

i think its orton vs aj in a battle for trumps love so were safe from a randy title match.

but god its going to be wyatt and its going to stink honestly id rather they give it to shane

sky88 wrote:
    but god its going to be wyatt and its going to stink honestly id rather they give it to shane

I'd sooner they gave it to Sam from catering than Bray f'n Wyatt :pac:

I was thinking though if they really wanted to strap a rocket to the new call ups then give one of them the match.

Although it looks like DIY are going to be reunited for now anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,617 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really hope Ciampa is ok after that spot his knee buckled the wrong way big time.

He is the best thing wrestling outside of Becky for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not that I actually want to see him but where is Wyatt? I remember that he came back at that Starrcade show and nothing since. It's strange.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not that I actually want to see him but where is Wyatt? I remember that he came back at that Starrcade show and nothing since. It's strange.

Getting ripped in the gym, I believe.

I do find it strange they have the 2 singles champs as a tag team and the non champs in singles matches

• Registered Users Posts: 86,453 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kofi is on fire, don't think he'll make the Mania match with Bryan though, but great to see him getting some shine. Best story WWE has going at the minute.

I think Kofi Vs. Bryan could go on, Kofi getting screwed at Fastlane but finally getting the win at WM

Kofi is so over and like Becky, most want to see him win the title at WM too

But the Kofi thing has only happened the past couple weeks. Was just a couple weeks before that people were barely interested in how he would survive elimination at the Rumble.

If he's in the title match at Mania, I think he'll lose, especially if they're already giving the fans Seth and Becky moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I do find it strange they have the 2 singles champs as a tag team and the non champs in singles matches

Probably because of the four guys called up they used to be tag team champions. Haven't watched NXT since the last takeover but they were teasing a DIY reunion as a heel tag team and seeing as WWE can't book babyfaces they might continue to push them as heels on the main roster.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But the Kofi thing has only happened the past couple weeks. Was just a couple weeks before that people were barely interested in how he would survive elimination at the Rumble.

If he's in the title match at Mania, I think he'll lose, especially if they're already giving the fans Seth and Becky moments.

TBH, I couldn't care less anymore about Seth and Lesnar :o while yes Kofi's rise has been sudden he is pretty over and he always impresses with his acrobatics in the rumble

• Advertisement

Ciampa and Gargano looked so tiny standing next to Sheamus and Cesaro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

latest reports are going with kevin owens as babyface against bryan at WM

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cotts72 wrote: »

It’d explain the emphasis on consumerism in his return vlogs anyway, didn’t really get what they were trying to do at first, but it makes sense now with rumours of a Bryan feud for Mania. Could also set up a big pop for Zayn to return at Mania if he’s fit, to act as the equaliser to Rowan at ringside.

Would still prefer Bryan vs. Cena if that were an option. Plenty of mileage in that one.

They'll ignore a story 11 years in the making for one that's 5 weeks long :/

Owens is still owed a rematch against Lesnar

https://twitter.com/postwrestling/status/1098616024469929984?s=21

This past Tuesday's SmackDown averaged 2,269,000 viewers on the USA Network - their highest viewership level since November 13th.

This week was 10% above the show's 2019 average.

https://twitter.com/postwrestling/status/1098616024469929984?s=21

This past Tuesday's SmackDown averaged 2,269,000 viewers on the USA Network - their highest viewership level since November 13th.

This week was 10% above the show's 2019 average.

Reddit seems to think "No Becky = Ratings".

I like to think the EC angle drummed up some interest instead but that might be Irish bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,915 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Reddit seems to think "No Becky = Ratings".

I like to think the EC angle drummed up some interest instead but that might be Irish bias.

Yeah so that's what smell is ? Reddit is okay to a point but there is some dark dark parts of it and it seems a haven for cretins to reside.

• Advertisement

Gargano vs Cesaro announced for this week :O

Advertisement