Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

You still may get that. Its early days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

hqdefault.jpg

Luke Harper targets The Lunatic Fringe
    In recent weeks, The Wyatt Family has been on an absolute tear, capturing the SmackDown Tag Team Titles and gaining a strong foothold on SmackDown LIVE. But in last week’s Fatal 4-Way Elimination No. 1 Contender’s Match, Luke Harper failed to emerge from the chaos with a WWE Title opportunity after Dean Ambrose hit him with Dirty Deeds for the pin.

Tonight, Harper will attempt to unleash his own dark brand of retribution on The Lunatic Fringe. Will he take down the unstable Superstar? Or will Ambrose introduce his bearded opponent to the Ambrose Asylum?

When will the WWE Universe finally learn who attacked Nikki Bella?
    Last week during Natalya’s match against Carmella, The Queen of Harts once again tried to explain that it wasn’t she who attacked Nikki Bella at Survivor Series. However, in the heat of the moment, Natalya pushed Nikki. Was she simply shoving the fearless competitor out of the way of The Princess of Staten Island? Or was Natalya, for one moment, outing herself as Nikki’s attacker all along?

In any event, the lingering controversy continues to surround all three Superstars like a dark cloud that refuses to dissipate. Will we finally learn who attacked the star of both “Total Divas” and “Total Bellas” tonight on SmackDown LIVE?

Is SmackDown Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss really injured?
    Forced to compete in a SmackDown Women’s Title rematch against Becky Lynch by SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon last week, Alexa appeared to suffer an injury and was unable to finish the match … or did she?

Moments after the bell, The Wicked Witch of WWE attacked her opponent and seemed absolutely fine. Later, on WWE Talking Smack, we learned that the titleholder hadn’t even gone to the trainer to get checked out.

Will Shane-O-Mac and Daniel Bryan get to the bottom of this controversy? Regardless of what they determine, we are pretty sure Becky Lynch will have a few things to say about it.

“Shooter” star Ryan Phillippe is coming to SmackDown LIVE this Tuesday
    Ryan Phillippe is coming to SmackDown LIVE.

The star of films like “I Know What You Did Last Summer” and “Cruel Intentions,” Phillippe currently leads USA Network’s hit show “Shooter,” playing Bob Lee Swagger, an expert marksman living in exile who is coaxed back into action after learning of a plot to assassinate the president. WWE Superstar Randy Orton recently guest starred on the show as a former Navy SEAL and leader of a militia group who comes into contact with Phillipe’s character. Don't miss new episodes of "Shooter," Tuesday nights imediately after SmackDown LIVE.

Phillippe is no stranger to the world of WWE, having guest co-hosted Raw in 2010 on a night that saw R-Truth blown up by “Saturday Night Live” character MacGruber.

SKY SPORTS 5 1 A.M

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Phillippe the one that used to work for them backstage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Is Phillippe the one that used to work for them backstage?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know Freddie Prinze Jr did for a while

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know Freddie Prinze Jr did for a while

Yes Buffy's husband that's who I was thinking of.

Now voicing Kanan in Star Wars Rebels, so I assume he's done writing for wwe

Buffy is doing voice work on it as well how her career has dropped off all she is doing is voice work these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Buffy is doing voice work on it as well how her career has dropped off all she is doing is voice work these days.

Probably doesn't need to work with all her Buffy money.

Upset of the year on the cards Title match opening Smackdown :P

• Advertisement

Ellsworth gets decimated lol

The guy deserves a "Slammy" for best selling of a beating of the year.

The Miz is AWESOME!

Telling the WWE Universe live in the ring while Renee is interviewing him that Renee and Dean are sleeping together.

Edgy Smackdown tonight along with the above silicon implant joke about Cena's Bella's implants.

And Nattie calls Cena's Bella a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Edgy Smackdown tonight along with the above silicon implant joke about Cena's Bella's implants.

And Nattie calls Cena's Bella a bitch.

Cena's Bella?! Im not one to normally do this but she has a fairly well publicised name. She isnt just Cena's Bella. Cant believe anyone would actually type that in 2016

Mauro having another nightmare episode calling the show and JBL & Otunga pulling him up on it as well.

Ellsworth has got himself some Carmella lol

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seeing Styles on commentary reminds me of the
    Glasgow tapings for the main event when he walked (jogged) out to the announcer table during the commercial break without any music to commentate, half the crowd prob had no idea he was there lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

That schlap from Renee.....brilliant. Curious to see how much they involve her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Smackdown looked like fun last night judging from the clips doing the rounds. Lucha Lyncha.

Smackdown was a decent watch, nothing blow away but they do all the little things right and very little seems like a chore.

Carmella and Bliss are excellent in their roles and both have been built up from nothing to integral parts of the show. Great stuff. Nattie turning on Nikki last night was great and she stepped things up with her vicious promo. Its been a long time since she was relevant and this promo changed all that.

Ellsworths destruction at teh hands of Styles was great. As AJ stated it was a long time coming and the visual of him being stretchered off mid promo was a nice touch.

Baron Corbain has been slowly improving. While hes no where near ready for a main event feud, he has been doing very little wrong since joining SD and his promo skills and delivery are on the up too.

The Mizs line which gave him a slap came out of no where, tremendous stuff. He came across as a cnut and rightly so.

The overall subtle edgyness of the writing is a welcome step in the right direction. It gives the characters purpose and realism, without going too far or just saying stuff for the sake of it.

Overall, Smackdown is leaps and bounds ahead of Raw. Vince and others still over see the show but its obvious there is a different writing team on SD and Raw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Style's wins proper in the middle of the ring next week, then cuts a promo

"There isn't a man alive who can beat me"

And then goes the bong, "But the dead man will make you ressssstt innnnnnn peeeeeeace"

I'd give my left nut for those 2 at the Rumble

And then goes the bong, "But the dead man will make you ressssstt innnnnnn peeeeeeace"

Im guessing here, But id say that its been made a three way to take some of the pressure off Styles whos still nursing an ankle injury.

I wouldnt mind seeing Taker and Styles at the Rumble.

My theory is that the Cena would cost Taker the match. Cena could return to Smackdown in the run up and throw his name into the rumble hat. Gallows and Anderson (who would be there since its a joint PPV) could run in, prompting Cena to make the save and he accidentally costs Taker the match. Taker extracts revenge by taking Cena out of the Rumble. Easy peasey.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My guess Cena will come out and challenge Styles after he beats Ziggler and possibly Taker might appear as well.

Triple threat at the rumble Styles vs Cena vs Taker. Taker chokeslams styles but Cena knocks taker out of the ring and pins styles to win the match. SD a few weeks later Taker pissed at Cena comes out and challenges him to a match at mania

Styles could move on and do a cross brand match with someone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Can you even imagine this time last year that theres a possibility that Aj styles vs the undetaker might be happening. crazy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone else instantly recognize those Boulder Shoulders of "La Luchadora"? :P

Anyway, next week's show looks STACKED!

WWE Championship AJ Styles vs Baron Corbin vs Dolph Ziggler

Tag Team Championship Orton/Wyatt vs Slater/Rhyno vs Usos vs American Alpha

Women's Championship Becky Lynch vs Alexa Bliss

Wouldn't be shocked if Ambrose vs Miz gets added.

And Cena's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watching Smackdown is easier, it just moves along without the clunkyness/chore like feeling that comes with watching RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Panto-wise Miz is just the perfect heel. He has the full set. Smarm coming out his ears, a tw@t haircut, a ludicrously beautiful wife and a face that is so utterly punchable.

The sadness of Ryder writing himself off last week is only being exacerbated by the fact it looks like a Mojo singles push maybe on the cards.

*gets sick in mouth*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I think we need to take a moment of appreciation for how the WWE outdid themselves on screwing up the Ellsworth angle. The run-of-the-mill, vanilla flavoured f**k up would have been to run him stale, to the point where everyone was sick to death of him, before AJ tries to salvage some heel heat by beating the crap out of him. But oh you creative geniuses, you went one step further and gave us the double chocolate chip f**k up, by first running him stale, then inexplicably turning him heel, THEN have AJ (supposedly another heel) beat the crap out of him to thunderous applause from a smarky crowd.

Imagine that beating when Ellsworth was a white hot smark babyface at the beginning of his programme... sigh...

It's always strange seeing WWE guys standing by a non wrestler. Like seeing the height of Mojo and Hawkins beside Ryan Phillipe reminds you how tall they are since Ryan is 5'9".

Wonder why they're coming out with Renee and Dean now. And they do seem more open about relationships these days. Lana/Rusev, Curtis/Alicia and of course the likes of Bellas and Nattie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd have Styles Taker at the rumble 1st then have Cena interfere ...Then you make a triple threat for the title with Cena going for Flair's record aswell

Advertisement