Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I hope she drops one of them because she has to defend them both on the same night

Beats Lacey Evans for the Raw title but is attacked after and loses the SD title to someone like Sonya Deville or Ember Moon, Asuka would have been perfect but she's for the tag division now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess Charlotte gets to play the "You didn't beat me" card

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think even Summerslam is too soon for another match. I'd keep them apart until at least next year and then give them a run with the tag belts or something. It shouldn't be that hard to keep them separated, there are loads of good opponents for each.

It's best that she drops a belt sooner rather than later but a delusional heel who gets lost in her arrogance after holding the belts for a month or two could be fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Honestly that's exactly how I would book it. They have stacked the womens division on SD recently and if Becky goes exclusive to one brand it could be as a result of being the Raw champ and not the SD champ.

Next PPV Have defend her Raw title against Lacey Evans in a hard fought victory that puts over how close the challenger came, then have Charlotte attack Becky Lynch leading to her dropping the SD title to Amber Moon. You then have Amber face champ against heel Charlotte on SD, Becky kept strong despite dropping a belt and now Evans looking for a re-match and most likely a MITB winner to contend with. I'd say if she is called up before next Mania, Shayna would be Raw bound too even if it's just to fill a Ronda shaped hole.

I think they need to have her successfully defend both titles at a PPV at least once before taking one off her.

• Advertisement

As bland as I find Finn, crowds absolutely love him.

That was a really good segment from Charlotte and Becky plus Bayley is finally showing some long overdue aggression.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    As bland as I find Finn, crowds absolutely love him.

That was a really good segment from Charlotte and Becky plus Bayley is finally showing some long overdue aggression.

Bayley's only allowed to show what they allow her to. Hopefully she can push on if they're behind her on SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

owens turn was very good but wish they had done it a bit later let the story go on longer and give rusev or nakamaura the 1st title defence

Apparently this will be the 9th time Becky and Charlotte have faced each other on PPV since last year's MITB...

Summerslam (triple threat)
    HIAC
    Super Showdown
    Evolution
    TLC (triple threat)
    Royal Rumble (final two)
    Fastlane
    Wrestlemania (triple threat)
    MITB

10 if want to include last year's women's MITB match that both were in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know people will hate Charlotte vs Becky again, but if it's a transitional match (which I'm hoping it is), I don't mind too much.

They aren't doing that match for the fun of it. Either they want to move the belt off Becky quickly so she can move full time to Raw (and thus are going with the most pushed heel they have, before she can segway into a feud vs Bayley, Ember, etc), or they want to give Becky a win without hurting any of the new people.

The benefit, though, is this removes Charlotte from the women's MITB match too, which opens the field for some of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im ok with the match im assuming becky beats lacey first then loses to charlotte with lacey screwing her gets the title on smackdown with becky leading raw and charlotte smackdown. raw needs becky alot more with its roster.

and than we can seperate becky/charlotte for a good while which i think it needs

Her promo after the Charlotte/Bayley match has me thinking she loses both. She isn't even treating Lacey like a threat ("I'll have her beat before she takes her lady gloves off") and said she's sick of beating Charlotte. Probably time for the character to eat some humble pie.

I think Bayley wins the MITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bayley wins money in the bank and cashes in straightaway and wins both titles.

Vince would do that just to p1ss Sasha off

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Christ the thoughts of Charlotte as champ again :rolleyes::rolleyes: . Id prefer for Becky to beat Charlotte and then someone cashes in.

Glad Owens turned. He just never comes across as a genuine face. Seems forced.

I'd say Owens would have lasted a bit longer as a face experiment had Bryan not got injured. Watching Owens turn heel on Kofi was just.....yeah whatever unless Kofi goes over.....which leaves Owens is as useless as ever in what they've done with him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I was enjoying Owens as a face he was always going to turn but throwing him straight into a match with Kofi means he'll probably lose as I'm guessing they want Kofi to have a somewhat decent run.

So it basically makes Owens look bad now when he loses straight away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ThePott wrote:
    I was enjoying Owens as a face he was always going to turn but throwing him straight into a match with Kofi means he'll probably lose as I'm guessing they want Kofi to have a somewhat decent run.

Personally I'd like a Xavier turn and an Owens run with the belt as Kofi chases it.
    Maybe it's a bit early but I'm finding the aftermath of the Kofi reign a little flat at present, as usual WWE dont know what to do with the face after they actually win.

Probably a bit early to be downbeat on it but so far I'm not hopeful, not because of anything Kofi has done per se but because of WWE's form for being patently awful at booking faces

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think the other problem is that Smackdown has a shortage of Singles Heel competitors. I agree there's not been much to it so far, as early as it is to say. WWE rarely know how to book champions as a face in general in my opinion.

KO makes sense but him winning would cut Kofi's run too short and him losing only damages him further. A mid-card feud would suit him to rebuild.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ThePott wrote:
    I think the other problem is that Smackdown has a shortage of Singles Heel competitors. I agree there's not been much to it so far, as early as it is to say. WWE rarely know how to book champions as a face in general in my opinion.

That's probably fair too. The face booking is bizarre I'm honestly expecting Becky to drop one or both belts at the next PPV to confound it all.

Her persona as The Man gets shattered entirely unless she has at least one successful PPV where she defends both belts.

Summerslam is the time to consider dropping a belt, IF they can get someone (preferably other than Charlotte as shes had numerous runs) up to her level.

As for Kofi, I'm concerned that through no fault of his own his reign is going to pan out as - great WM moment, poor follow up.

Like he's been an afterthought of the booking from when he won till this week.

Big E doing the splits got more airtime.
    His champ vs champ match interrupted by The Bar bizarrely.
    Last week was all about the Big O etc etc.
    I get where they were building to but hes just becoming the smiley happy chappy like Balor now. No bad thing apart from it's boring and when the ratings dont pop well then the axe will fall as they refuse to admit their own shortcomings

• Advertisement

Becky losing either belt would be a bad idea. Charlotte winning would be annoying to a lot of people. While Lacey hasn't done anything to show why she should win it. At least when Paige won the title on her first night, she had been the NXT women's champion. I don't think Lacey even had a title shot.
    I do find it funny that Becky's fighting the 2 women everyone said looked alike at the Rumble.

There must be a load of extra travel if you're on both brands. She probably can't wait to get rid of one!

Will probably benefit anyone doing something similar when it moves to Fox, having a few days between each.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Becky losing either belt would be a bad idea. Charlotte winning would be annoying to a lot of people. While Lacey hasn't done anything to show why she should win it. At least when Paige won the title on her first night, she had been the NXT women's champion. I don't think Lacey even had a title shot.
    I do find it funny that Becky's fighting the 2 women everyone said looked alike at the Rumble.

I have faith they'll go with Becky 2:Belts for awhile. Wasn't it some self styled in the know on here who reckoned the titles are just props now and mean nothing? Seemingly they do mean something.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have faith they'll go with Becky 2:Belts for awhile. Wasn't it some self styled in the know on here who reckoned the titles are just props now and mean nothing? Seemingly they do mean something.

I have faith she’s gonna drop both at MITB. they’ll claim it’s better when she’s chasing the championship and she’ll be stuck in mid card hell after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Seems likely to me that they spent the last 6 months pushing her to the moon, had her win the Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania main event, and be the only person to beat Ronda Rousey because their goal was to stick her in mid card hell alright. Defo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Waste turning Owens so soon. I was hoping he'd stay pals with the new day & win MITB then wait to Kofi's most vulnerable moment to cash in on his "friend".
    Yeah they have an issue with Bryan out but let Kofi beat someone like an Orton at MITB.

Yeah, she'll always have a certain level of stardom after the Mania main event but if she's gonna be on Raw, she needs more interesting opponents.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ERG89 wrote: »
    Waste turning Owens so soon. I was hoping he'd stay pals with the new day & win MITB then wait to Kofi's most vulnerable moment to cash in on his "friend".
    Yeah they have an issue with Bryan out but let Kofi beat someone like an Orton at MITB.

Yea sure it was only like 2 weeks they were "friends"???. As you said have KO win MITB , have him say like dont worry when i cash in ill give you a heads up etc.

At a PPV down the line have Kofi in some grueling match(or multi person match) where he barely survives , KO and Woods celebrate with him. KO gets on the mic and is building Kofi up and says here's your notice and says he is cashing in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yea sure it was only like 2 weeks they were "friends"???. As you said have KO win MITB , have him say like dont worry when i cash in ill give you a heads up etc.

At a PPV down the line have Kofi in some grueling match(or multi person match) where he barely survives , KO and Woods celebrate with him. KO gets on the mic and is building Kofi up and says here's your notice and says he is cashing in.

Why have nice things in the future when you can have them now /s

KO has been a heel for over 4 years now in WWE, I was looking forward to him being face for a while because it would be something different but we're back to "Prizefighter" KO where you either capitalise on a "heel turn" and give him the belt and take the belt off Kofi on his first defense, or you ruin any momentum KO could build as a heel

Advertisement