Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

triple threat makes sense, allows Taker more rest time during the match without slowing the pace too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Nevermind yet another championship match with interference

I want to see Taker Styles 1 on 1 at the Rumble with a clean finish with the winner going on to face Cena at Wrestlemania

Going into the match either one makes sense for Cena to face later, you have the redemption story against Styles or the match we never got against Taker

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With styles being a lot smaller than taker will a 1 on 1 match work ??? Promo wise the rivilary could be gold

Baron Corbain vs Taker would be a good match actually

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    With styles being a lot smaller than taker will a 1 on 1 match work ??? Promo wise the rivilary could be gold

Baron Corbain vs Taker would be a good match actually

A 1 on 1 match can always work when done right PTH. It's the basic building block of pro wrestling. I think the size difference would be overcome due to you having two veterans in the ring who know what they are doing in there and know how to build a story and aren't forced to do stuff by Vince et al. Let them work.

Sorry didn't mean to rant a bit. Pro wrestling isn't hard to do right. It's basically using peoples(the fans) emotions against them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Styles being in his prime vs Taker being old and obviously not physically at the top of his game will utterly negate the size difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Aj is taller than shawn michaels and the matches between taker/hbk were always believable

sky88 wrote: »
    Aj is taller than shawn michaels and the matches between taker/hbk were always believable

Aj vs Shawn would of been a great match and Edge vs Aj Styles would of been amazing too

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Aj vs Shawn would of been a great match and Edge vs Aj Styles would of been amazing too

think thats my dream match

think thats my dream match

Was rumoured for a while for the Rumble

I'd rather leave Michaels retired, don't like big retirement angles not being respected after they've happened, who liked seeing Ric Flair in TNA

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They are going to swerve us all with Cena and just have him back to save his Bella from being bullied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They are going to swerve us all with Cena and just have him back to save his Bella from being bullied.

Natalia & the charismatic two paws vs John & Nikki

Was rumoured for a while for the Rumble

I'd rather leave Michaels retired, don't like big retirement angles not being respected after they've happened, who liked seeing Ric Flair in TNA

i think he will stay retired he seems happy with the fact unlike the rest who have retired which you have to admire.

i think he will stay retired he seems happy with the fact unlike the rest who have retired which you have to admire.

Here's hoping he will

Hopefully any rumours of him coming back will stop soon, always hated hearing rumours that Austin might be coming back for next years Wrestlemania for a couple years there when CM Punk was big

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    a ludicrously beautiful wife and a face that is so utterly punchable.
    *gets sick in mouth*

She is just amazing! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought that promo by Nattie was fantastic. I watched it several times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I thought that promo by Nattie was fantastic. I watched it several times.

every promo does not need to be like that but that one definitely benefited from them letting it be a little bit more edgy. Talking about Nikki's boobs, calling her a B!atch twice and saying Cena will never marry her just seemed a little more than they would usually allow all in one womens promo. Similar to The Miz's very personal promo with Renee re Ambrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

hqdefault.jpg

The last Smackdown Live of 2016, plus the return of John Cena.

AJ Styles defends his WWE Championship against Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin in a Triple Threat Match!
    Following the controversial conclusion to their match on the Dec. 20 episode of SmackDown LIVE, SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan declared that both Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin would receive an opportunity at “The Champ that Runs the Camp” in a WWE Championship Match on the SmackDown LIVE Wild Card Finals.

How will Styles adapt to the free-for-all that will completely erase any type of championship advantage? And will Ziggler or Corbin be able to make the most of their opportunity and close out 2016 as the new WWE Champion?

The Wyatt Family will defend the SmackDown Tag Team Championship in a Four Corners Elimination Match
    In the wake of Zack Ryder’s unfortunate injury following he and Mojo Rawley’s win the No. 1 Contenders’ Tag Team Battle Royal, it has been announced that The Wyatt Family will now defend the titles against three other units as part of the SmackDown LIVE’s Wild Card Finals special event.

The Wyatts will put the Blue Brand’s Tag Team Championship on the line against The Usos, American Alpha and former champions Heath Slater & Rhyno in a Four Corners Elimination Tag Team Championship Match!

Which tandem will walk out as champions?

The return of John Cena to SmackDown LIVE
    Fresh off his appearance hosting “Saturday Night Live,” John Cena is set to return to SmackDown LIVE after a two-month absence. The 15-Time World Champion will surely make his presence felt as Team Blue says goodbye to 2016 and ushers in 2017 as the Road to WrestleMania gets under way!

What will Cena have to say to the WWE Universe? Will he have his eyes squarely on the WWE Championship? Or has someone else drawn the ire of the Cenation?

Alexa Bliss puts her SmackDown Women’s Championship on the line against Becky Lynch
    One of SmackDown LIVE’s fastest growing rivalries will write another chapter on SmackDown LIVE's Wild Card Finals when Alexa Bliss defends the Women’s Championship against former titleholder Becky Lynch.

Will the Wicked Witch of WWE successfully retain the title against The Irish Lass Kicker? Or will Lynch go “Straight Fire” on Bliss and become the first two-time SmackDown Live Women’s Champion?

SKY SPORTS 5 - 01:00 A.M

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is basically looking like a free two-hour pay per view show. Looks awesome.

Wouldn't be shocked if Becky regains the title tonight. I think they'll want a title switch, but I can't see any of the others moving to their challengers. Unless there's last second match for Miz added (Joe is gonna kill him! :P)

Think becky wins tonight then. Got to think nikki vs becky is the mania match

Looking like Cena will open the show and will be challenging for the WWE title. Love if Taker made a surprise appearance to confront him but it's not looking that way.

Possibly Cena wins the title off Styles at The RR and will face Taker at mania

Dolph and Corbin will no doubt go back to the mid card after they lose tonight against Styles

Hopefully the Orton turn on Bray Wyatt doesn't happen tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Smackdown already looking ahead to Elimination Chamber with a brilliant main event already planned. IF it's true.

https://twitter.com/pwstream/status/813748429830651905
    BREAKING: AJ Styles will face John Cena in a 2-out-of-3 Falls match for the WWE Title, at the #EliminationChamber pay-per-view in 2017.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

So PWStream is a fan run twitter that reports on other peoples interviews and then just has a tweet saying BREAKING with no link, no source and literally nothing behind it and you think there is a chance its true? AJ may face Cena at Elimination Chamber but this isnt gonna be the one to confirm it!

LeeJM wrote: »
    So PWStream is a fan run twitter that reports on other peoples interviews and then just has a tweet saying BREAKING with no link, no source and literally nothing behind it and you think there is a chance its true? AJ may face Cena at Elimination Chamber but this isnt gonna be the one to confirm it!

Hence why I added the IF, pinch of salt and all that. Could turn out to be true, or it could just be a pile of trash that a fan run account misread in an interview.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Smackdown already looking ahead to Elimination Chamber with a brilliant main event already planned. IF it's true.

https://twitter.com/pwstream/status/813748429830651905

Pretty good main event if true and hopefully will end the rivalry

After Cena wins the title and is celebrating in the ring lights go out and the bong is heard and taker appears and points at the Wrestlemania sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Seems to be some speculation that
    Samoa Joe will be debuting tonight
    . Going to watch anyway, a rare opportunity to watch live when I don't have to work the next day.

Pentecost wrote: »
    Seems to be some speculation that
    Samoa Joe will be debuting tonight
    . Going to watch anyway, a rare opportunity to watch live when I don't have to work the next day.

Working at 10am in the morning and have too watch it live now with that news

Mite to for a snooze after the darts and wake up at 1am

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Surely the main event for the title at the Elimination Chamber PPV would be the chamber match?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Surely the main event for the title at the Elimination Chamber PPV would be the chamber match?

If they did go with a 1v1 match for the title, they could just have the chamber match be the number 1 contender for Mania, they've done it before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two of three falls would be a good way to keep AJ strong and put the title on Cena heading into WM.

Advertisement