Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How much is WWE shop going to sell the Eco friendly recycled belt for?

Probably more than they do the normal belts.

Thanks to gerrybbadd in the Random thread we know now the price.

€392/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It feels like Owens was turned just cause they had nobody better to take on Kofi. Only other feasible option I can think of is maybe Orton.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopping here again tonight Suppose it's that pre mania lull

Bit of old Wyatt bollocks about these Allister Black promos

Hardyz have too give up the titles and Jeff out for a while with a leg injury which is being made into a injury caused by Lars Sullivan

Really sad and the Hardyz must be cursed as they have had some bad luck since they returned in 2017. Jeff hurt twice and Matt once with the Broken gimmick falling a bit flat and not reaching the heights it thought it would

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

so no black or sullivan in the mitb match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hardyz have too give up the titles and Jeff out for a while with a leg injury which is being made into a injury caused by Lars Sullivan

Really sad and the Hardyz must be cursed as they have had some bad luck since they returned in 2017. Jeff hurt twice and Matt once with the Broken gimmick falling a bit flat and not reaching the heights it thought it would

Their style has caught up with them. The bumps these guys were taking in their prime take their toll. They can't do the schedule WWE requires. Would be better off in an AEW or ROH doing say 6 big show matches a year and a few TV appearances. They don't need to be out there bumping on house shows at this point of their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Falling flat? It plunged off a cliff in WWE with their flip flop booking. And the Broken Gimmick already reached it's heights in TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It toook too loong too introoduce the brooken gimmick. That was a part oof the prooblem

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So a tag tournament to start next week?

Not liking the Black promos. Mainly because he should be a man of few words. Think more of a Raven than a Wyatt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not a fan of Kofi coming out on his own and dancing around with a plate of pancakes while wearing the belt.

It's cool if Woods and Big E are there to do that stuff and be the cheerleaders but I dunno, I'd like the champ to be a bit above that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not a fan of Kofi coming out on his own and dancing around with a plate of pancakes while wearing the belt.

It's cool if Woods and Big E are there to do that stuff and be the cheerleaders but I dunno, I'd like the champ to be a bit above that.

Hes a terrible champion. One of the worst ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭safeasparagus

The Nal wrote: »
    Hes a terrible champion. One of the worst ever.

I can see Kevin Owens ending Kofi’s reign or the winner of MITB cashing in fairly quickly !

Big E Is a big loss to the whole new day schtik .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can see Kevin Owens ending Kofi’s reign or the winner of MITB cashing in fairly quickly !

Big E Is a big loss to the whole new day schtik .

Aye, I definitely think he's the best of the 3 of them.

Kofi on his own doesn’t work very well. The other 2 are far more charismatic. Could see Orton cashing in taking the title.. world title program with orton balor perhaps..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Could see Orton cashing in taking the title.. world title program with orton balor perhaps..

Christ.... imagine the promos between those too.... zzzzzzzz

Loughc wrote: »
    Christ.... imagine the promos between those too.... zzzzzzzz

I think it would be a decent feud

Now imagine a Corbin vs Orton one. My God dull would not he the word

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Out of all the guys taking part in MitB, Orton is the last one I want to see win

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think it would be a decent feud

Now imagine a Corbin vs Orton one. My God dull would not he the word

Finn have zero personality and either does Orton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Hope it's neither of Braun, Corbin or Orton, no need seeing as they've all won before. Think Andrade winning would be the best outcome, but can see them going with Ali.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Not a fan of it on Ali, yet

He's in the sort of position where he would need the case to be the thing that helps him with the push for the next 6-9 months, he doesn't feel like a realistic champion at all yet and there would be danger of him cashing in I feel

I much prefer when the guy is on the cusp on being someone big even if it didn't work out in the end, like CM Punk, Del Rio and Rollins

Ali would be like Swagger or Carmella if he won it right now for me, if he wasn't replaced by Kofi in the chamber and then got to put in a good showing at Mania then he might be in the position to be the right man to hold it

Andrade would be much the same as Ali, but as a heel he could make it work over the coming months if booked right

But for me it has to be Drew, best guy to linger with the briefcase for 3/4 months being a threat before finally doing it at the right time

• Advertisement

Jesus Bryan gone world title picture too going into the SD tag title picture

This wild card thing is a ****ing mess tbh and confusing things even more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Never thought I'd see a promo filmed in front of Bray Head shown on Smackdown!

in a show filled with terrible acting the "there he is.." line from matt hardy was exceptional

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Erick Rowan's t-shirt > everything else on the show.

https://twitter.com/AmonAmarthBand/status/1125949207267819520

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Orton is the luckiest guy in wrestling. He's been able coast by for about a decade because of one move. He would be nothing without the RKO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    Orton is the luckiest guy in wrestling. He's been able coast by for about a decade because of one move. He would be nothing without the RKO.

People often think he's effortless and it only looks like he's phoning it in.
    Those idiots people remind me of this clip from the Simpsons

Jesus Bryan gone world title picture too going into the SD tag title picture

This wild card thing is a ****ing mess tbh and confusing things even more

Best thing for Bryan, gets screen time and protected in matches to certain points.

Bryan is the best promo in WWE...

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1125962766517301248

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Had to laugh at AJ saying how much he missed Smackdown Live when he only got drafted like 2 or 3 weeks ago :pac::pac:

Advertisement