Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Meh seems the same bloody segments on both Raw and SD

This wild card rule is stupid

Shane is getting a world title run at this rate

Why is a 49 year old part time non wrestler relevant in 2019 ??. Vince ur son is not improving ratings ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Shane is getting a world title run at this rate

Why is a 49 year old part time non wrestler relevant in 2019 ??. Vince ur son is not improving ratings ffs

Iv'e been saying it for weeks, nobody is hotter then the best in the world lately

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Chad Gable has finally been drafted to 205 live and immediately put in a great match with Jack Gallagher. I know 205 is essentially WWE purgatory but at least he's been given something to do. It's a massive waste of his talents however. He's a main event calibre wrestler that nobody cares about die to awful, awful writing.

Is this even the right thread for this? I can't remember if he was on Raw or Smackdown before.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"It's a booking joke!"

Someone book the title off this joke. So over the Kofi shìt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It's crazy how little WWE have made me care about either Rollins, Kofi or Becky since Mania.

No one is going to remember anything about their title reigns. They are just sort of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is anyone even keeping track of these wild cards? Seems like more than 4 every time

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is anyone even keeping track of these wild cards? Seems like more than 4 every time

Vince isn’t anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Officer999 wrote: »
    Vince isn’t anyway!

I just heard commentary desperately say we've violated the wild card rule two weeks in a row, oversight by Shane McMahon I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

The new Smackdown logo for the Fox show. It's at least 1 different thing in modern day WWE.

us1mo18oby331.jpg

• Advertisement

What happened Bayley and Charlotte's faces?

So Samckdown, Raw and 205 all had local talent this week.
    And I'm not clear, but are Heavy Machinery the new YOLO county champions?

Yeah, I noticed Bayley's face too. What's with that?

Charlotte's face changes every week, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Autecher wrote: »
    The new Smackdown logo for the Fox show. It's at least 1 different thing in modern day WWE.

us1mo18oby331.jpg

Can't wait for Smack!ɔown.

Just out of curiosity, was Big E off tv because he didn't want to go to Saudi Arabia and his absence would've been harder to ignore?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Iv'e been saying it for weeks, nobody is hotter then the best in the world lately

I didn't know Will Ospreay had secretly signed with the company :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, was Big E off tv because he didn't want to go to Saudi Arabia and his absence would've been harder to ignore?

I thought he'd banjaxed the meniscus in both of his knees. Might've been a cover story, I suppose.

us1mo18oby331.jpg

Hopefully a new theme song too

They really pick odd songs tbh

Carmella, of all people, should be teaching everyone else how to do a decent suicide dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Might explain his profuse sweating when doing basically anything.

I thought he'd banjaxed the meniscus in both of his knees. Might've been a cover story, I suppose.

May have been true but the sceptic in me thinks he didn't want to go and since he's part of the New Day it would be obvious if he wasn't there with them. Especially since he makes his return the Smackdown after Super Showdown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They’ve dropped the word “live” from the logo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

MrMac84 wrote: »
    They’ve dropped the word “live” from the logo
    Actually I posted that picture on another forum and was informed that it's not from WWE at all. A reddit user made it.

Actually I posted that picture on another forum and was informed that it's not from WWE at all. A reddit user made it.

It's legit, the ad has shown up on twitter in low quality

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Hmmmm.....back to giving Bliss the rope to say what she wants. I thought Bayley did well in the segment in spite of Bliss having the shovel out.

Edit: Just look at the chasm in motivation both of them were sent out with by creative for that segment. Bayley was there to further the angle between the 3 of them yet Bliss randomly absolutely destroyed the foundation of Bayley's gimmick, accusing her of being fake and not a nice person. It almost came across as a face promo by Bliss which obviously wasn't the intention.

There's no doubt that Bliss is the better promo but how on earth is Bayley going to hold her own with Bliss under such conditions? People will sh1t on Bayley of course but in this context I don't think it's quite fair on her.

Bayley should be winning but this is veering dangerously close to what happened last time between them.

I haven't finished Smackdown yet and maybe I missed it but anyone notice how commentary aren't mentioning the Wildcard rule anymore. Can't vouch for Raw but it feels like they aren't mentioning it there either. They've thrown out all the logic and rules of it if there ever was any.

Brand Split is officially dead.

Hmmmm.....back to giving Bliss the rope to say what she wants. I thought Bayley did well in the segment in spite of Bliss having the shovel out.

Edit: Just look at the chasm in motivation both of them were sent out with by creative for that segment. Bayley was there to further the angle between the 3 of them yet Bliss randomly absolutely destroyed the foundation of Bayley's gimmick, accusing her of being fake and not a nice person. It almost came across as a face promo by Bliss which obviously wasn't the intention.

There's no doubt that Bliss is the better promo but how on earth is Bayley going to hold her own with Bliss under such conditions? People will sh1t on Bayley of course but in this context I don't think it's quite fair on her.

Bayley should be winning but this is veering dangerously close to what happened last time between them.

At what point is it on Bayley to step up and get better at promos though?

It's been her weakest point for years at this point and even though she has made baby steps in improvement, she's still quite bad. I think she's the only wrestler who I can remember freezing when she had to give a promo. On Talking Raw (Booker T was a prick about it though) and it seemed like she didn't know what to say at EC after her and Sasha won the tag belts.

Sami and Kevin referenced the wild card rule on both shows.
    Did Drake just steal a car?

So homeland victory for Kairi and Asuka without winning the titles.

Fair play to Corey for knowing his stuff and being able to reply to Bryan's content about the Sheepherders with the Flag bearer comment. I had to google them

I see Drake didn't go back in time for 205 Live.
    I think anyone looking to become 24/7 champion needs to work on how to kick out of roll ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    At what point is it on Bayley to step up and get better at promos though?

It's been her weakest point for years at this point and even though she has made baby steps in improvement, she's still quite bad. I think she's the only wrestler who I can remember freezing when she had to give a promo. On Talking Raw (Booker T was a prick about it though) and it seemed like she didn't know what to say at EC after her and Sasha won the tag belts.

My opinion on that is covered in my post; Bliss seems to be allowed to cut promos without the shackles on while Bayley seems to be desperately sticking to the script.

I'd absolutely believe Bliss would be allowed to go out there and take a few liberties with her promos simply because she's so good at them. Bayley, already not the best at talking, is obviously going to struggle responding to that.

My point is if they're genuinely interested in pushing Bayley, and maybe even helping her improve her promos, then why on Earth are they putting her against Bliss as her first proper feud as champ? Especially when on the same brand they're giving Kofi, similarly limited promo wise, the gentle curve ball of Dolph ****ing Ziggler?

Advertisement