Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sami and Kevin referenced the wild card rule on both shows.

Oh I heard that but commentary the official mouthpiece are saying nothing anymore which is interesting. Pretty sure the count was way off these shows anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Smackdown and raw moving to btsports in January 🀬🀬

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

My opinion on that is covered in my post; Bliss seems to be allowed to cut promos without the shackles on while Bayley seems to be desperately sticking to the script.

I'd absolutely believe Bliss would be allowed to go out there and take a few liberties with her promos simply because she's so good at them. Bayley, already not the best at talking, is obviously going to struggle responding to that.

My point is if they're genuinely interested in pushing Bayley, and maybe even helping her improve her promos, then why on Earth are they putting her against Bliss as her first proper feud as champ? Especially when on the same brand they're giving Kofi, similarly limited promo wise, the gentle curve ball of Dolph ****ing Ziggler?

Same thing as always, the purported heel is allowed to express themselves and be 'cool' whilst the babyface has to be vanilla and smiley.

It's why WWE is so samey these days, the faces are just dull, bland vanilla clones who blend together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Don't worry.

Bayley will get to do a "you people" heel turn promo at some point because that's what literally every single WWE person gets to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Don't worry.

Bayley will get to do a "you people" heel turn promo at some point because that's what literally every single WWE person gets to do.

Remember when they tried that with Becky after she attacked Charlotte?

"Yeah you're cheering me now but were you people really with me in the past?"

Crowd does "Yes!" chant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Miz is a Raw superstar fueding with Shane on Smackdown.
    Roman is a Smackdown superstar feuding with Shane on Raw.
    Neither appear on the brand they are supposedly part of.

The instant regret they had drafting Roman to Smackdown is pretty hilarious....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The Miz is a Raw superstar fueding with Shane on Smackdown.
    Roman is a Smackdown superstar feuding with Shane on Raw.
    Neither appear on the brand they are supposedly part of.

You can just see Vince blaming the empty arenas and poor Ppv buys on Roman being away from Raw

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh Vince

1130595.jpg?b64lines=ICggbGF1Z2hpbmcpIFRIRSBTRU5JTEUKIE9MRCBGT09MLg==

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

The Wildcard Rule is absolutely killing any interest I have in WWE. Especially Smackdown.

It's just the same match-ups constantly and the same talent every night. The brands make no difference, people on one brand are going after the title on the other brand. What's the point of that.
    Bliss and Bayley at Extreme Rules again cause that went so well last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So we technically had New Day vs Daniel Bryan/Rowan twice - once in 2 on2 then again in 4 on 4
    We had Elias vs Miz three times
    We had Kofi vs Dolph 3 times, which is already at least 5 times too many.
    All in one night.

So how long until they go all in with the Sonya/Mandy relationship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ThePott wrote: »
    The Wildcard Rule is absolutely killing any interest I have in WWE. Especially Smackdown.

It's just the same match-ups constantly and the same talent every night. The brands make no difference, people on one brand are going after the title on the other brand. What's the point of that.
    Bliss and Bayley at Extreme Rules again cause that went so well last time.

Yeah the wildcard rule is just leading to more ramshackle see-what-fits-in-that-given-week type of ****e. It's even harder now to get invested.

Did I read that right....two 2/3 pinfall matches. **** me it is actually true.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, 2 2/3 falls matches.

Oh and we had a rare Shinsuke appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I've probably said it before but why is Rowan with Bryan & not eating pins. I know Bryan is a generous guy but Rowan will never amount to anything significant.

Rowan is the dullest "monster" I've ever seen.

Big lad who wears death metal band t-shirts. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lord TSC wrote: »

After repeatedly calling him the biggest acquisition is SD history.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ERG89 wrote: »
    I've probably said it before but why is Rowan with Bryan & not eating pins. I know Bryan is a generous guy but Rowan will never amount to anything significant.

id say its totally bryan making himself take the pin to build others hes always out to help people look at ali who would probaley still be on 205 live without him

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rowan is the dullest "monster" I've ever seen.

Big lad who wears death metal band t-shirts. Wow.

At least he's got damn good taste in music.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How edgy will Smackdown be tonight I wonder

After what they teased between Mandy and Sonya last week...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

J. Marston wrote: »
    After what they teased between Mandy and Sonya last week...

giphy.gif

The Bisch does like some HLA

• Advertisement

Two words: David Arquette.

May as well go full WCW.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Two words: David Arquette.

May as well go full WCW.

Vince McMahon is a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I dont expect much change, just read Bischoff apparantly not taking over until after extreme rules, vince still in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

There was a middle finger - that's edgy!

KO eviscerating Ziggler on the mic gave me a big smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What was that Shelton Benjamin thing? Is he the guy knocking on Alister Blacks door ???

Is KO face again ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What was that Shelton Benjamin thing? Is he the guy knocking on Alister Blacks door ???

Is KO face again ??

i think so even though the turn was sudden and out of nowhere im happy as he needs it in my opinion and got sidetracked from Kofi run

PTH2009 wrote: »

Is KO face again ??

There will be no follow up on the Shelton thing and KO will be a heel again next week with no explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I dont expect much change, just read Bischoff apparantly not taking over until after extreme rules, vince still in charge

Until he's legit dead & buried 6 feet under Vince will be in control. On PPV's, Smackdown & Raw(including this weeks show). Good or bad he's in charge.

• Advertisement

There will be no follow up on the Shelton thing and KO will be a heel again next week with no explanation.

Vinny mc, what a genius.

Advertisement