Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shane is the doing the town hall gimmick but it's right out of Easy E's playbook.

I can assure the show will start with Limos pulling up to the arena.

Shane seems to be GM of both Raw and SD nowadays. Triple H and Steph nowhere to be seen

Deff KO is going to do something at this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Shane seems to be GM of both Raw and SD nowadays. Triple H and Steph nowhere to be seen

Deff KO is going to do something at this

It could end with a Sami Zayn on a forklift reverse battle royal match.

*Bischoff is a terrible booker, why on earth was he hired to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't Dixie Carter do an infamous version of it too?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Didn't Dixie Carter do an infamous version of it too?

She did a few I think

I feel like WWE have had too many of these false dawns over the last year or two. I'm guessing tonight we'll hear about how some internet darlings will get TV time and I just don't care about that (except maybe Asuka). I want interesting characters and storylines.

• Advertisement

I want interesting characters and storylines.

Well you won't find them in WWE these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Absolutely agree with the comments about WWE commentary being a big turn off. Sick of Graves at this stage, even down in NXT Mauro just seems to scream a lot and I find Phoenix boring, I do like Nigel though.

Nobody talks like the commentators or interviewers in WWE do in the real world, comes across so forced and sterilised. Kevin Kelly and Rocky Romero the best combo around for me at the minute.

Agree, Kevin and Rocky just act like human beings announcing a sporting event. It's so easy to do.

'Heres comes the big dog'

'Its boss time'

**** off Cole

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think a lot of the criticisms against commentators are down to the voice in their ear, screaming at them to act a specific way.

Whenever I've heard Cory or Cole without Vince behind them, they come across a whole lot better.

• Advertisement

Yep, when they're allowed act normal they can be fun.

Example, Renee called Corey a dick last night under her breath and it was actually funny...

https://streamable.com/owuyn

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

*Bischoff is a terrible booker, why on earth was he hired to do this?

I imagine it was done just to piss you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

'Its boss time'

**** off Cole

"Oh My!"
    "Could it be?"

I remember when Charlotte was hitting someone with a Kendo stick, Graves actually said "THE QUEEN IS DEFENDING HER KINGDOM"

Just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I'm giving Bischoff one chance then I'm done. Raw is beyond bad now. I can't take Michael Cole and Corey Graves fake announcing anymore, it's just the worst thing ever, just a total turn off. I honestly think the fake announcing, never taking a breath and overuse of horrible corporate branding and buzzwords is why the decline is so massive. It's attracting no new viewers just turning them off.

I think Cole said WWE Universe 50 times in the first 10 minutes of Raw, and that was it for me.

Bischoff is starting with a "town hall meeting" which sounds scarily like the time Russo and Bischoff did a reset of Nitro with all the wrestlers surrounding the ring.

And that was the end of WCW.

Then you should save yourself the hassle of watching because I doubt anything is gonna change during his first week in the job or if anything will change that much until Smackdown moves to Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    "Oh My!"
    "Could it be?"

"What a sequence!"

**** off you nonce Vince.

Then you should save yourself the hassle of watching because I doubt anything is gonna change during his first week in the job or if anything will change that much until Smackdown moves to Fox.

The first time they say "WWE UNIVERSE" is usually my breaking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

"Oh My!"
    "Could it be?"

IT IS!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

'Its boss time'

**** off Cole
    "Oh My!"
    "Could it be?"
    "What a sequence!"

**** off you nonce Vince.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    IT IS!

Vintage *insert superstar & move*

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Shane vs Eric will Main Event next years WM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

so Bischoff again is on screen character too ???#

I thought us fans are not supposed to knw whos running it all :D

Heyman wasn't exactly subtle about it last night.

As for Cole, he restrained himself from saying "Out of nowhere"
    And I'm guessing Corey's small package joke was him and not Vnce

This is just
    Just wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Great reveal by KO, camera work was really good on that.

Pity Shane completely botched the stunner tho

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Kofi a duel Champion under Freebird rules?

World champion coming out with a plate of pancakes. Woods and his try-hard nerd references. New Day can piss off.

Big E is alright.

Please God let Randy win the belt at Summerslam and get the title back on someone with actual star quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They didn't mention it during their promo so I would guess it's not something they're going with.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

World champion coming out with a plate of pancakes. Woods and his try-hard nerd references. New Day can piss off.

Big E is alright.

Please God let Randy win the belt at Summerslam and get the title back on someone with actual star quality.

I rather the title be vacant than to give it to boreton.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Omackeral wrote: »
    They didn't mention it during their promo so I would guess it's not something they're going with.

Afaik, he actually is. All three are listed as Tag champs on WWE.com.

Though that could just be the graphics department presuming, based on past experience, rather than the offical line.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I wish they'd stop with Owens using the stunner, fair enough, they want the austin type of character, but do it without using the finisher, sure, fans might like it now but they'll get bored very quick of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I wish they'd stop with Owens using the stunner, fair enough, they want the austin type of character, but do it without using the finisher, sure, fans might like it now but they'll get bored very quick of it

I don't mind Kevin using it. Its just that, he doesn't do it right. Didn't Austin cut a promo on that very thing before?

Advertisement