Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

What an awful awful smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I don't mind Kevin using it. Its just that, he doesn't do it right. Didn't Austin cut a promo on that very thing before?

He did yeah, it looks terrible and i just think it harms Owens more then it will help him, copy the character in some way but surely they can find a way to get it over without using the finisher to, its just lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Daniel Bryan's career-altering annoucement!" is one of the more desperate bait and switches they've pulled in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I didn't bother watching after. Looks like I made the right choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

What do you think Bryan’s big announcement will be? While I love him as a heel, I wonder could we see a slow burn face turn coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Afaik, he actually is. All three are listed as Tag champs on WWE.com.

Just has him as WWE Champion now anyway. Woods and Big E as Tag Champs.

https://www.wwe.com/superstars

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    I rather the title be vacant than to give it to boreton.

Or held in abeyance, don't ask me how I remembered that word from a Triple H promo from who the hell knows what year..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

TimesArrow wrote: »
    What do you think Bryan’s big announcement will be? While I love him as a heel, I wonder could we see a slow burn face turn coming up?

The cynic in me says there was never an announcement, it was advertised to give a tiny boost to the ratings, and they’ll try to make us forget all about it next week.

When it comes to WWE, the cynic in all of us is usually spot on these days.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm giving Bischoff one chance then I'm done. Raw is beyond bad now. I can't take Michael Cole and Corey Graves fake announcing anymore, it's just the worst thing ever, just a total turn off. I honestly think the fake announcing, never taking a breath and overuse of horrible corporate branding and buzzwords is why the decline is so massive. It's attracting no new viewers just turning them off.

I think Cole said WWE Universe 50 times in the first 10 minutes of Raw, and that was it for me.

Bischoff is starting with a "town hall meeting" which sounds scarily like the time Russo and Bischoff did a reset of Nitro with all the wrestlers surrounding the ring.

And that was the end of WCW.

https://rajah.com/node/eric-bischoff-reportedly-not-involved-all-last-nights-wwe-smackdown

Facts bro.

Loughc wrote: »

Rajah was listening to WOR I see.

He started today according to Big Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd love too see a show on the wwe writers and how the process works. Do they write each episode well in advance or a few days before ???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe they had the Bryan tease then realised they didn't know what to announce so gave themselves another week

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe they had the Bryan tease then realised they didn't know what to announce so gave themselves another week

Alvarez said everything was changed at the last minute so that's probably why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

I just assumed it was a ratings grab

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

shawn is doing commentary on next smackdown very ehh random

https://twitter.com/ShawnMichaels/status/1151862766380228608?s=20

That's a great move. The announcing in WWE is the absolute worst in the world. Hopefully he replaces Graves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

That's a great move. The announcing in WWE is the absolute worst in the world. Hopefully he replaces Graves.

If he's not there to push any particular storyline I'd guess he could actually be quite good as he would probably talk more about the guys in ring than the announcers usually do. All depends on what match they have him on for. If say he was there for a Finn/Bray segment like last Raw he would probably give a far more genuine reaction than the overly produced announce team.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see it reported today that Eric actually won't have any involvement in creative at all.

I see it reported today that Eric actually won't have any involvement in creative at all.

From yesterday's Observer Newsletter:
    Bischoff was not at Raw or Smackdown this week. He actually started at work on 7/17. He ended up having no influence on Smackdown this past week and right now those in creative were told that he will most likely not be involved with the creative process and that it looks like his job will be to interface with all of the departments in the company as well as with FOX. However he is to be the leader of the Smackdown side of things, which currently has no leadership, just Ryan Ward and others pitching ideas to Vince. Things were a mess this past week since at first Bryan was supposed to be in the Battle Royal no Raw, then pulled for a big announcement that would take place on Smackdown about his career. This was pushed hard all day in social media and even talked about multiple times on the show. Then all that happened was Bryan being frustrated that he was unable to elevate the tag team belts higher. New Day came out and offered Bryan & Rowan their tag title rematches and Bryan & Rowan came out, left, came out, left and then came out and left. And then the show ended without any such announcement

So HBK randomly on commentary tonight i wonder if its for an angle with bryan to go with whatever the announcement he was supposed to have last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Byron Saxton's dad died so might be filling in for him on the announce desk too.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Byron Saxton's dad died so might be filling in for him on the announce desk too.

Ahh maybe that I actually seen it was hbk, saxton and Tom Phillips doing it tonight with Corey off

Is it a Smackdown reunion tonight as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is it a Smackdown reunion tonight as well?

Nope just normal SD

Think the first show on Fox on October will feature a load of legends

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Good TV match from Nakamura and Crews. Pity Crews is dull af though as he can go in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That promo between Randy and Kofi was like a grown man putting a child in place. The difference in presence between the two is gigantic.

Get the belt on Orton, he can be dull but at least he is a star.

Ok you have me interested tell me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Really liking this Bray Wyatt stuff. Let the fiend be the fiend and just attack and destroy people while having creepy weird Bray cut promos with Mercy and Rambling Rabbit during firefly funhouse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Wait... Are you saying next week we have a Women's Tag Team Title match?"

"Yap... And if we win, we deserve a Tag Team Title match!"

And this is why not all backstage segments should be live....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "Wait... Are you saying next week we have a Women's Tag Team Title match?"

"Yap... And if we win, we deserve a Tag Team Title match!"

And this is why not all backstage segments should be live....

Christ, I legit forgot there were Woman's tag titles.

The Bray Wyatt stuff is some of the best stuff WWE have done in 20 years. How will they fúck this one up?

Advertisement