Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So Charlotte vs Trish at Summerslam?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote: »
    So Charlotte vs Trish at Summerslam?

Biggest women's match on the show goes to Charlotte while the 2 women's champions are in ice cold rivalries...... :confused:

ERG89 wrote: »
    Biggest women's match on the show goes to Charlotte while the 2 women's champions are in ice cold rivalries...... :confused:

Bayley/Ember is definitely ice cold. Becky/Nattie picked up a little this week and their social media stuff actually has some good material that is better than the TV writing for their feud or most WWE feuds right now.

But Charlotte has been off the last two PPVs and was only back on TV two weeks ago after a long absence. She's one of their bigger women's stars, you have to try to fit her into a show like Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

with Charlotte tied or just overtaken trish on number of title reigns its the natural match to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

The women were barely on TV at all this week. Very little time for a build to Summerslam with Trish, the women's matches at SS are looking pretty bland, they've put very little effor into making them seem worthwhile unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

how come summerslam is earlier this year ??

Dolph vs Miz with HBK by his side yawn

Reckon Finn will be written out in his match at summerslam and then return in October and defeat the fiend Bray Wyatt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Wyatt vs Balor is the only Summerslam match I want to see. Rest of the card so far looks pretty grim for one of the big four PPV's, zero interest in Natalya/Lynch, Bayley/Ember, Kofi/Orton or Miz/Ziggler.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I enjoyed the promo segments with Kofi/randy and hbk/Dolph.. nice bit of “realism” thrown in, especially re Orton saying all he had to do to succeed was “be randy Orton”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Austin isn't much better but I don't like the kick before the stunner from Owens. It looks so weak.
    And why have the guest ref, etc. in a Match with 2 faces? Why was Charles Robinson out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Christ, I legit forgot there were Woman's tag titles.

The Bray Wyatt stuff is some of the best stuff WWE have done in 20 years. How will they fúck this one up?

Agree with the Bray Wyatt thing, the Yowie Wowie gifs are getting a lot of use in my group chats with friends who'd be casuals.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    how come summerslam is earlier this year ??

Dolph vs Miz with HBK by his side yawn

Reckon Finn will be written out in his match at summerslam and then return in October and defeat the fiend Bray Wyatt

I'm gonna say no to Finn beating The Fiend, trying to build him up, not tear him down and have him lose in a pointless match to Smiley, collar on the jacket constantly flicking Finn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Agree with the Bray Wyatt thing, the Yowie Wowie gifs are getting a lot of use in my group chats with friends who'd be casuals.

I'm gonna say no to Finn beating The Fiend, trying to build him up, not tear him down and have him lose in a pointless match to Smiley, collar on the jacket constantly flicking Finn.

Exactly. They need The Fiend to squash him to make a statement. I like Finn, but as you say, Bray needs to be build up. I think a squash does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not one single person in the crowd gives a fcuk about Charlotte in a match with Trish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ahaha that was hilarious with Roman!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Officer999 wrote: »
    Exactly. They need The Fiend to squash him to make a statement. I like Finn, but as you say, Bray needs to be build up. I think a squash does that.

My fear here is that, the Fiend will defeat Finn, potentially as the Demon. And the Next week, here comes Firefly Fun House, with a new housemate - Finn Balor. Finn all smiley along with Bray, and we get a Fiend/Demon tag team.

It's virtually the Hardy / Bray story over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    My fear here is that, the Fiend will defeat Finn, potentially as the Demon. And the Next week, here comes Firefly Fun House, with a new housemate - Finn Balor. Finn all smiley along with Bray, and we get a Fiend/Demon tag team.

It's virtually the Hardy / Bray story over again.

Balor's off for a couple months after Summerslam I believe, so you won't have to worry about that

The gap in quality in promos/presence/star power between Orton and Kofi is night and day.

It's annoying that they're doing this 10 year redemption arc because Orton should beat Kofi, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

The Trish/Charlotte match was so obvious that no one there gave a damn.
    That Roman thing was the best bad thing I've ever seen.

I hope it wasn't Joe that was driving the forklift. Would like a "mystery attacker" storyline, as long as the reveal works.

And Dolph's superkick, which he's been doing for a long time, is now Sweet Chin Music?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I hope it wasn't Joe that was driving the forklift.

I wouldn't mind, if it meant Joe going over on Summerslam. He really needs a big match win. He's booked like an awesome threat to a point and then can never pull off the victory against top guys. Would love to see that change.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bray is still Bray in the ring no matter how good his vignettes and staged in ring set pieces are.

Once he has to wrestle a match he will just be the Bray he has been for the last 7 years.

He has been on the main roster for 7 years as Bray a decent gimmick but not much else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

He should go back to the Husky Harris character.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind, if it meant Joe going over on Summerslam. He really needs a big match win. He's booked like an awesome threat to a point and then can never pull off the victory against top guys. Would love to see that change.

It's more that Joe is pretty much already set up as his Summerslam opponent and would like to think in his next appearance he'll come out and say he doesn't need to do that to take Roman out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i cant stop watching that roman clip its hilariously bad i love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That Reigns video is cringe worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Trish is still unreal

Hmm, Trish and Alexa on the show Bischoff is in charge of. Does that mean HLA?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    The gap in quality in promos/presence/star power between Orton and Kofi is night and day.

It's annoying that they're doing this 10 year redemption arc because Orton should beat Kofi, in my opinion.

To be fair to Kofi, this is the usual craic with WWE; the heel is given full reign to get the feud over while the face must stick to a rigid formula. Obviously as you've mentioned Randy is the more natural so that just exasperattes the issue for Kofi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Was that Paul Blart Mall cop in the Reigns clip?
    Wow that was bad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

lawlolawl wrote: »
    He should go back to the Husky Harris character.

You, of all people, are talking about gimmick changes? Your new gimmick isn't working out too well either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Looking at reddit apparently Reigns opponent for SummerSlam will be
    Daniel Bryan according to Meltzer.

Cannot believe Trish is 43, she still looks great....as shallow as that sounds :o

Advertisement