Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pentecost wrote: »
    Seems to be some speculation that
    Samoa Joe will be debuting tonight
    . Going to watch anyway, a rare opportunity to watch live when I don't have to work the next day.

As there is every week :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the chamber match being for the IC title would be a good chance to make that belt look more meaningful.
    it would be also a good chance for Bryan to screw over Miz but keep Miz looking strong going into a Mania climax, be it Bryan having "one more match", or someone wrestling on his behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As there is every week :P

If it doesn't go on for months on end like Balor I'll be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bit heelish from cena there

Taker vs Cena at mania is a big possibility now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Can any wrestler use that "I'm so and so" logic to get a title shot? Anyway decent Cena promo, funny to see how far above Reigns he is on the mic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

JBL in fine form...

Mauro: "The Usos are the most experienced tag team in this match."

JBL: "Yeah, they've been twins for a long time."

I Imagine Cena will beat Styles for the title at the RR and will go on to face Taker at mania but what will Styles do at mania ???

A cross brand match vs Finn Balor/Sami Zayn etc

The title match will be a triple threat with him still being champion vs Cena and Taker

Be in some sort of multi man match ???

WHAT

Why do WWE wreck things ?

Happy for American Alpha but the Orton/Wyatt's thing may be near an end now with Orton hitting Harper my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Poor way to give AA their first tag championships when you compare it to their win in NXT. Suppose they needed to further the Orton/Wyatt storyline though.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Poor way to give AA their first tag championships when you compare it to their win in NXT. Suppose they needed to further the Orton/Wyatt storyline though.

Way too soon. Not a long enougb chase for AA to get the titles and too soon to break up Orton and Wyatts. Hot opening and went down very well in Chicago but think both would have benefited with more time.

• Advertisement

Womens title match has been crazy sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Shows not really lived up to the hype so far

Getting really sick of interference in title matches at this stage too, its such a cop out

Shows not really lived up to the hype so far

Getting really sick of interference in title matches at this stage too, its such a cop out

Ah it's been ok. I've not watched Smackdown in ages and it's flown by. Praise the lord for 2 hour shows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Womens title match has been crazy sloppy.

Imagine that?

Most women's matches are. They get a lot of undeserved praise, mostly from creeps.

Imagine that?

Most women's matches are. They get a lot of undeserved praise, mostly from creeps.

Im still not convinced by the quality of female wrestlers which they sign. Becky is tremendous, Alexa has strengths but in-ring is not one of them, at least not yet. I'm all for women's wrestling and featuring it more and in a more positive way on the programming but I don't think the quality of depth of the female roster is large enough to fill 2 brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It could be positive if half of them weren't rubbish. Those main events recently with Charlotte and Sasha were terrible. Sasha mostly being awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Might be the lone voice here but that was a quality episode of Smackdown, Everything did exactly what it was supposed to and moved stories forward in a logical manner. We got :
    • Cena returning and owning the arena. The crowd wanted to shít on him but Cena proved why he is the real Big Dawg and conducted that audience like a Jedi. The definition of a money promo.
    • 4 way elimination tag was really good aside from 1 minor botch which Slater and Uso covered well. Chad Gable is a machine and is the future of this company. Wyatts lost a bit sooner than I wanted personally but its progression in the storyline and AA pinning Orton clean elevates not only AA but also the tag titles. Really clever booking. 
    • The Miz was again magnificent in his segments backstage. Made sense for Dean to attack him and st up the IC Title match for next week. 
    • Becky and Alexa have such good character chemistry but are still working on their in ring chemistry. This is partly down to Alexa being raw but this was still a good match. The interference again makes sense and gives Becky somebody to branch off into a feud with while Alexa establishes herself as #1 heel for now. The dislocated arm spot was an amazing visual.
    • Styles vs Ziggler vs Corbin was superb. This was Corbins best performance of his career so far. AJ was AJ and Ziggler played his role too. Just a fantastic triple threat that never let up and has established Baron Corbin as an upper midcard-main event level heel that needs to be taken seriously. The End of Days Zig Zag combo spot needs to be seen to be believed. 

Like I said it was a fantastic episode of wrestling tv and the 2 hrs absolutely flew by. I dunno what else anybody could want  from a wrestling tv show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Agree with you, Lee.

For a TV episode, that was brilliant. I throughly enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed it, as mentioned I thought the 2 hours flew by. No filler, everything had purpose. Some things stuck better than others, but that'll always be the way. Main event was excellent Corbin looked like a total beast, thanks almost entirely to how Styles bumped for him, despite having mimicked Flair's look at one stage in his career, Styles never looked more like Flair than he did last night. ****1/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

J. Marston wrote: »
    JBL in fine form...

Mauro: "The Usos are the most experienced tag team in this match."

JBL: "Yeah, they've been twins for a long time."

6eddc57ca08711a6f2d4aaec2f5be80cd3b7ef20_hq.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Is it too late for Cena to get best promo of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A great, logical, entertaining episode. I was engaged from start to finish. All matches were enjoyable, well booked tv matches and nothing about the show dragged championships and champions felt important and special and each match seemed to suspend my disbelief about the winners even.though some seemed obvious. Top marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess the interference means they'll be moving Becky out of the title picture for now.

Interesting they had the Total Divas promo focussed on Paige. Maybe a return soon? Or maybe just trying to get viewers, which is more likely

Genuinely winced at this...

https://streamable.com/5y8kb

It must pop out really easily considering how easy Becky popped it out in that clip and again how Alexa popped it during the replay at the end

Could you possibly see Styles losing the title at the rumble and then cashes in his rematch clause on the next SD show and loses

The next week on SD he does a promo about how great he is and how he was the main attraction on TNA and a debuting Samoa Joe interrupts and challenges him to a match at mania ???

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Miss Bliss double jointed or did she really have to pop her elbow back during the match?

Is Miss Bliss double jointed or did she really have to pop her elbow back during the match?

Think she's just double-jointed. Her arm is in pretty much the same position in this picture...

ntBNjeyl.jpg

Any excuse.

For some reason I didn't notice her arm in that picture before

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What arm?

Advertisement