Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The Rock just tweeted he's returning to Smackdown this Friday. Tweet seems to have been deleted quickly, but looks like he'll be popping up.

Austin Rock on the same show, best segment on smackdown in years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

The Rock just tweeted he's returning to Smackdown this Friday. Tweet seems to have been deleted quickly, but looks like he'll be popping up.

The Rock Confirms Status For WWE FOX Friday Night SmackDown Appearance
    https://www.ringsidenews.com/2019/09/30/the-rock-confirms-status-for-wwe-fox-friday-night-smackdown-appearance/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's still up and being liked and retweeted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Rock will be there.... LIVE... via satellite :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    The Rock will be there.... LIVE... via satellite :pac:

Detective Loughc on the case folks :pac:

• Advertisement

Austin Rock on the same show, best segment on smackdown in years

Austins IPA v's Rocks Tequila

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Detective Loughc on the case folks :pac:

9oOi.gif

Q84mg_f-maxage-0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Austins IPA v's Rocks Tequila

Thought Austin was the one with the tequila.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Could be both....it is Stone Cold.

He does drink it, but doesn't have his own line of it like he does the IPA's. Watched an interview he did a while back, gave his recipe for a Margarita.
    Could be both....it is Stone Cold.

I'm reminded of a promo he gave in '03 with Coach, correction it was 2002 - where he lists off all the booze he drinks, or planned on drinking that particular night.

TL;DR - Austin loves alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Lithium93_ wrote:
    He does drink it, but doesn't have his own line of it like he does the IPA's. Watched an interview he did a while back, gave his recipe for a Margarita.

I'm reminded of a promo he gave in '03 with Coach, correction it was 2002 - where he lists off all the booze he drinks, or planned on drinking that particular night.

TL;DR - Austin loves alcohol.

That promo is exactly why I mentioned tequila haha. And he had an episode of his podcast in which he shared his margarita recipe IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,355 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Feels a bit odd not having SD on tonight/early morning

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It doesn't feel odd really. Smackdown has only been shown on Tuesdays live for a few years.smackdown has been on Thursdays/Fridays way more than Tuesday. The one thing that might be weird for the long time WWE ring crew and referees and the people who get the building ready to tape on a Tuesday ? I mean a few who work for WWE have been so used to having Tuesday be smackdown for 20 years. Baring 9/11 and maybe one of two others smackdown is Tuesday. And last night it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I did wake up and do my usual trip to youtube to see what happened take a while to get used to

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, Smackdown became part of the weekly routine.
    I find it funny how they advertise Total Divas as a way to replace Smackdown.

I wonder how the change works with PPVs. They would have Smackdown in the same place, at least for Mania.

Im going to admit it, im looking forward to smackdown tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i really am too i actually think the whole week of wrestling has been very good so far

sky88 wrote: »
    i really am too i actually think the whole week of wrestling has been very good so far

Yeah NXT and AEW were good, but we're on a whole other level now, Austin Rock in the same building, thats beyond Electrifying ;)

I hope they keep Owens and Austin apart, dont need to see double stunners, (well i dont anyway)

At a gig in the big smoke so prob wont see it live but hotel has a residents bar with Sky hmmm ???

Prob a load of quick segments with the end been Brock lifting the world title

Will the fiend attack Taker or sting ??

It's a wonder they didnt have this be a 3 hour special? HIAC is not really getting much publicity. WWE should of had it a week earlier or later

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm not because I know Kofi will kick Lesnar in the balls to get DQ'ed therefore keeping the belt and we remain stuck with a hip swivelling, pancake tossing, pigtail wearing gimp of a champion.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm not because I know Kofi will kick Lesnar in the balls to get DQ'ed therefore keeping the belt and we remain stuck with a hip swivelling, pancake tossing, pigtail wearing gimp of a champion.

Better that than Fox's wet dream of a champion in Lesnar that won't be there most of the time.

What about Austin as ref, Brock pins Kofi, who decides then to attack Kofi more, the Rock whose watching on commentary runs in, Rock Bottom, pins Brock, Roman comes out to celebrate, superman punches Rock and pins him, we go off the air with Austin and Reigns standing over Rock drinking IPA's

Edit: Should have spoilered that, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Better that than Fox's wet dream of a champion in Lesnar that won't be there most of the time.

I would gladly take another absentee reign over one more day of Kofi.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I would gladly take another absentee reign over one more day of Kofi.

Agreed Kofi's reign is done but I baulk at Brock beating him. Hopefully Rey causes a DQ and we can move onto something else.

Agreed Kofi's reign is done but I baulk at Brock beating him. Hopefully Rey causes a DQ and we can move onto something else.

You did hear the rumours which something like this could lead too ??

Tbh dont knw the guy but hes big in the UFC world

PTH2009 wrote: »
    You did hear the rumours which something like this could lead too ??

Tbh dont knw the guy but hes big in the UFC world

Yeah Velasquez. But apparently they don't want him to do the stuff that got him noticed in the first place. No mask and a shoot fight that you can guarantee Lesnar will come out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least the wrestling is now spread out, unless it's a Takeover/PPV weekend. Now it's (for me) Raw on Tuesday, NXT/AEW on Thursday and Smackdown on Saturday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd more guess Rey gets involved to set up Rey vs Brock for the Saudi show.

sky88 wrote: »

Agree with all of this. I actually set Smackdown to record on sky sports. That’s a first.

• Advertisement

Rocks music hits

Cole: ooooooooooooooh myyyyyyyyy

Advertisement