Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

just watching now and it's a step up from the usual rap nonsense, but could they have used a worse AC/DC song for the theme music.
    and I say that as a fan of AC/DC

What AC/DC song did they use? I completely skipped the show to watch Iron Maiden's live streamed set from Rock In Rio this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Fair play to Becky. I'd say she thought before that she could only dream to be at the point where guys like the Rock and Austin seem to genuinely want to work with her and not just doing it for the money and the company.
    Did feel sorry for Corbin. Not because of the insults, but because he had to stop himself from laughing a number of times. Whatever about being in the ring with the Rock, but being insulted by the Rock is probably something people enjoy as well.

The Braun/Fury thing looked awkwardly done. Was like they were just joking with each other, then out of nowhere Fury just got offended afterward.

When showing the Smackdown moments over the years, it seems they had trouble finding recent ones.

Had a quick look and seems they had 3.87 million viewers but highest of the night in the 18-49 demographic

Was that Scott or Bob Armstrong that counted Marshmallow's pin on Carmella?

She got it back anyway, though don't know why Truth didn't do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Cain must have assumed he'd end up in AEW so he was working on a physique to match their world champion, Chris Jericho.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smackdown averaged 3.87 million viewers for the Fox debut. Seems pretty good. There will obviously be a drop with no Rock next week but even if they settle around 3 million they will be doing well.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    Fair play to Becky. I'd say she thought before that she could only dream to be at the point where guys like the Rock and Austin seem to genuinely want to work with her and not just doing it for the money and the company.

Pretty mental that she has got to talk smack with Rock, stunner Austin, punk Cena on the mic and give him the "You Can't See Me" and mock Edge's career ending neck injury (to cheers) all in the last year.

What's more surprising is there no fan pushback on it like there was with Roman's interactions with legends. People love it. Great to see an Irish person doing that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    Smackdown averaged 3.87 million viewers for the Fox debut. Seems pretty good. There will obviously be a drop with no Rock next week but even if they settle around 3 million they will be doing well.

Pretty mental that she has got to talk smack with Rock, stunner Austin, punk Cena on the mic and give him the "You Can't See Me" and mock Edge's career ending neck injury (to cheers) all in the last year.

What's more surprising is there no fan pushback on it like there was with Roman's interactions with legends. People love it. Great to see an Irish person doing that stuff.

I don't think it's surprising because Beck achieved her success organically. I actually hold Roman in higher regard than most but they ****ed him up by forcing him before he was ready and the fans won't forget it.

Braun is an interesting comparison to Roman in that their dithering with him ****ed up his momentum. Had they taken the same approach with him that they did with Roman he'd be massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    What AC/DC song did they use? I completely skipped the show to watch Iron Maiden's live streamed set from Rock In Rio this morning.

Are You Ready. It also loses badass points for having a giant smiling Kofi be the first wrestler in the opening sequence

Are You Ready. It also loses badass points for having a giant smiling Kofi be the first wrestler in the opening sequence

Oomph there are certainly better AC/DC songs they could've picked from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Oomph there are certainly better AC/DC songs they could've picked from.

maybe they could only afford a shítty one

maybe they could only afford a shítty one

Probably, for a financially healthy company, they could've at least taken a hit and gone for a better AC/DC song.

Like I thought with Raw, it's strange having new credits just before the draft. Means they will likely have to update them if everyone's going to be exclusive to a brand. Of course, the Raw ones look cheaper to update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

When's the last time a Raw and Smackdown pulled in that many viewers for the weekly shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,439 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well that SD had quite a lot going on at once

I feel sorry for Kofi, all the lovely tweets of praise for him sounds like he is gone or dead :o:p no where near the world titles again?

Becky well and truly is the man, the top dog in WWE, great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nearly 4 million viewers on Network TV is good rating to be fair.

Fox offered JR a job on the backstage show that they interviewed Punk for.

He turned it down as he is with AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,439 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He killed Brock to win the UFC title off him the first time around.

Wrestling lately in AAA in Mexico and impressing big time.

Interesting they have history, Brock scared :p no need to have title off Kofi then if this is direction next for Brock, title not needed in the feud, hopefully Brock loses it to Owens

I'm guessing no rematch for Kofi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Weird to see WWE bring in a guy from UFC past, then they present him to look so average.

He looks out of shape and like he has a dodgy knee.

All very odd.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM_7 wrote: »
    Weird to see WWE bring in a guy from UFC past, then they present him to look so average.

He looks out of shape and like he has a dodgy knee.

All very odd.

Agreed. He looked tiny compared to Brock and those punches. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Loughc wrote: »
    Agreed. He looked tiny compared to Brock and those punches. Ugh.

Everyone looks tiny compared to Brock in fairness. Not everyone knocked the sh1t out of him inside one round.

In a real fight the tiny Cain made Brock his bitch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Everyone looks tiny compared to Brock in fairness. Not everyone knocked the sh1t out of him inside one round.

Not a real fight now. It’s the Wrestling world now. And this vanilla midget Cain won’t be putting bums in seats.

• Advertisement

In a real fight the tiny Cain made Brock his bitch.

In fairness Cain was a lot bigger and in better condition when he was in UFC than he is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Loughc wrote: »
    In fairness Cain was a lot bigger and in better condition when he was in UFC than he is now.

Cain was never that physically big in UFC especially compared to a now USADA-less Lesnar. He weighed around 245lbs & he was never exactly ripped but still had good cardio outside of Mexico City. His vastly superior standup & good enough wrestling to avoid the ground with Lesnar that's why he beat him so handily. God help DC when he shows up as he is a bit portly for guy who has fought at 205.
    People are probably going to complain when Fury won't be as muscular compared to Strowman but he'd comfortably kick the sh!t out of him.

Thankfully for their sakes Andy Ruiz won't turn up to batter Rollins or the Fiend while Vince is on his Inoki-ism kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cain is one of the best ever but riddled with injuries.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Cain was never that physically big in UFC especially compared to a now USADA-less Lesnar. He weighed around 245lbs & he was never exactly ripped but still had good cardio outside of Mexico City. His vastly superior standup & good enough wrestling to avoid the ground with Lesnar that's why he beat him so handily. God help DC when he shows up as he is a bit portly for guy who has fought at 205.
    People are probably going to complain when Fury won't be as muscular compared to Strowman but he'd comfortably kick the sh!t out of him.

Thankfully for their sakes Andy Ruiz won't turn up to batter Rollins or the Fiend while Vince is on his Inoki-ism kick.

Again UFC Cain was a million times in better condition than the flabby old man that hobbled down to the ring on a dodgy knee.

The parallels between recent WWE and dying WCW become more and more.

Was HITC with the Fiend their finger poke of doom?

Is Cain their David Arquette?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

https://twitter.com/bullyray5150/status/1182344071098048513

Sounds like the older drafts they did between Vince and Ric or Bischoff and Heyman.

We're in a weird world where Rollins will get booed more than Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    We're in a weird world where Rollins will get booed more than Roman.

I kinda like Roman these days. Now obviously the cancer adds to the sympathy but he's just kinda been quietly doing his thing since he came back with no silly promos. I'm ready for him to be in a title feud again.

Jay and Silent Bob were due to be on Smackdown last Friday but Vince dropped them when he saw they had appeared on AEW.

Kevin Smith said on a podcast they got bumped by the WWE because they appeared on AEW TV.

I kinda like Roman these days. Now obviously the cancer adds to the sympathy but he's just kinda been quietly doing his thing since he came back with no silly promos. I'm ready for him to be in a title feud again.
    Yeah it seems like they decided to let things happen more naturally.
    Jay and Silent Bob were due to be on Smackdown last Friday but Vince dropped them when he saw they had appeared on AEW.

Kevin Smith said on a podcast they got bumped by the WWE because they appeared on AEW TV.

How dare they try and promote their new film? Imagine if interviewers and all did that. "Ah you talked to E! so MTV don't want you." It's not that long since Ron Burgundy appeared on all the American chat shows in the same night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If they did have them on the show everybody would give out there copying aew

Advertisement