Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That picture was posted in the non in ring thread. Isn't she technically in the ring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Was kinda disappointed by the show. I skipped TLC so didn't see their tables match but found the Women's title match pretty sloppy. Tag title match was a surprise, as the Wyatts had already beat American Alpha recently, their run has been forgettable since the call up so I hope they have plans for them going forward. Main event really picked up near the end & it was nice to not see Elsworth not be involved in the main events anymore.
    I wish Cena ended his promo saying he had to get a title shot as the show had ran out of credible faces after AJ beat Ziggler & Ambrose.
    Miz was great as he always is & I'm looking forward to the IC Title match leading to the inevitable Mixed Tag. Miz can prolong Ambrose's face run as Dean suffered badly being booked like a moron with Elsworth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I loved that episode but maybe it was due to watching it straight after the rubbish that was RAW!

It's strange as I really enjoyed the womens match even though there were a few glitches here and there as everyone has said. I liked it as Alexa is an out and out heel whereas Becky is a great face. Alexa is still a bit raw (excuse the pun!) but I liked the way they both kept going rather than the stop and should we do that again, that sometimes happens.

As PTH2009 said, I thought Cena was very heelish in that promo. A great promo from him.I did wonder was he going to AA Styles in the handshake. Maybe they will do a turn like that if Styles beats him....Would be great!! Then he is a heel at Mania..........!!

American Alpha winning was a bit weird as there didn't seem to be a big build up for them in their chase. I think WWE will get them to drop it soon as it seemed to be just used for the Wyatts breakup tease rather than them succeeding which is a shame.

I have tried to like Ziggler but like Zayn they both do nothing for me. Maybe its just me! He was in a great match tho with Styles and Corbin. Corbin looks like he is improving thankfully.

By the way who is in the mask of Luchadora?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

By the way who is in the mask of Luchadora?!!

Deonna Purazzo seems the most likely judging by build and skin tonne. Now its possible they just had her under the hood for last night and going forward it might be somebody else. Or maybe they will do an angle where Deonna is aligned to Alexa, impossible to judge just based on last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Really enjoying smackdown for the last few weeks, and last night was the best so far, must say if Cena keeps up the my time is now promos and basically saying i can do what i like because im the man around here, It has to lead to an Undertaker confrontation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Deonna Purrazzo has had a busy year she seems to have worked for every promotion worth mentioning. Been on TV with WWE, NXT and TNA, plus worked for ROH too. Only 22 as well I think, so she's obviously highly rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Deonna isnt signed iirc , so its not her.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Eva must be due back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I wouldn't be surprised if different woman keep playing la luchadora until late it's revealed.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Deonna isnt signed iirc , so its not her.

Well it's not uncommon for wrestlers to come in and do a one night deal. And as others have said it could a new person every week.

• Advertisement

I'd be pretty sure that it was Deonna last night having looked at the stills others have put side by side on Twitter, the eyes are the same. But as said remains to be seen if they use her going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She's been in nxt repeatedly. Was she not signed?

No she's always been a free agent, as I mentioned earlier she did NXT, Raw (as an extra), Smackdown, TNA and ROH all within a couple of months. Supposed to be working for Stardom in Japan in January unless something has changed lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This weeks Smackdown had a bigger viewership than RAW first time it's ever happened.

Id imagine the end result of Luchadora isnt Deonna. Shes quite young and Id say while they might sign her, Id doubt they would thrust her into the main roster into such a big feud at her age. NXT would be more sensible pick. Id say since how Paige turned out recently WWE would be relucant to push her at such a young age so quick.

It could have easily been Deonna last Tuesday though a smentioned above.

Tamina Snuka is one person it could end up being, Eva Marie is another, Billy Kay from NXT is another. Either way Im already looking forward to how it develops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's gotta be Mickie James, eventually.

Well if Deonna continues and its revealed to be her, it be a big deal that she skipped a proper stay in NXT considering her age. It would say a lot of how capable WWE consider her if so and says a lot about her ability and maturity.

Shes defo got the skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

In before it's Hornswoggle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

IT'S ME AUSTIN

Started watching this show and Wow is started brilliantly. Only as far as the Tag Match but right from the start with Cena bigging up the matches planned it was exactly what I want to see from a Wrestling show.

The difference in style/idea compared to what RAW presents is amazing.

• Advertisement

Tee Main Event :eek:

Brilliant. WWE at its very best. Break out match for Corbin. Hopefully they don't forget about him in the next four months.

Dolph, as always, making everyone look great.

Great to see AJ wrestle someone other than Ambrose or Elsworth again.

Love how AJ showed himself to be the best in the World outside WWE then arrived in WWE and proved all over again. But not just as a wrestler, as an all round performer and 'entertainer'. Best first time Champion they had in a while.

IT'S ME AUSTIN

SON OF A BITCH!!!:D:D:D

All the intros from smackdown over the years. There are some I can't remember. The beautiful people one was the best for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Christ, how over is Ambrose??

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can feel some shenanigans happening at the Styles/Cena contract signing

Can't see Ambrose winning the IC title tonight

ZIGGLER HEEL TURN!!!

Yes yes yes heel turn for Dolph Ziggler

Badly needed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Love the guy in the audience

"About time!! About time!!"

Have to say I did not see that coming at all. I was only half paying attention to that match, since I've seen it about 183 times last year. Then when Kalisto ran out for the save I was like :rolleyes:, I thought this Kalisto-Corbin thing was dead. Then BAM!

• Advertisement

Was expecting Kalisto to hit Ziggler with the chair but not

Corbin will prob enter the rumble match with heel Ziggler fueding with Kalisto

Advertisement