Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    We're in a weird world where Rollins will get booed more than Roman.
    Yeah and clearly won't handle it as well as roman did/does. I mean imagine Seth in the position roman was the night after the mania he beat undertaker at, where the crowd **** on him for a good ten minutes and roman played it perfectly. Seth would probably curl into the foetal position if that happened to him. In the behind the scenes stuff that WWE put out roman the guy behind the scenes seems genuinely nice guy whereas Seth doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah and clearly won't handle it as well as roman did/does. I mean imagine Seth in the position roman was the night after the mania he beat undertaker at, where the crowd **** on him for a good ten minutes and roman played it perfectly. Seth would probably curl into the foetal position if that happened to him. In the behind the scenes stuff that WWE put out roman the guy behind the scenes seems genuinely nice guy whereas Seth doesn't.

Present day Seth would, cocky Seth would lap it up.

Lithium93_ wrote: »

That's who I meant. Present day Seth. Btw this is a bit off topic for smackdown but are Becky and Seth married already or just engaged ? I ask because a FBE video that had Seth on ranking the best smackdown moments refered to becky as "the wife" twice. I was just wondering is all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The man has made him soft. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

At least I think Roman understood why he was getting booed I really don't think Seth does get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

they're onto a winner teaming Roman with Bryan. they should leave them together for a while cos they've a good chemistry together

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

WWE had a nice compilation clip highlighting their past teaming together on their IG account a wk ago from what I saw they gel.

That's who I meant. Present day Seth. Btw this is a bit off topic for smackdown but are Becky and Seth married already or just engaged ? I ask because a FBE video that had Seth on ranking the best smackdown moments refered to becky as "the wife" twice. I was just wondering is all.

Ya'd miss cocky and arrogant Seth so ya would.. Should take the advice at the start of his theme, get rid of wimpy, can throw it, but can't take it and reinvent himself as the absolute SOB he was when The Authority were still an on-screen thing.

As to your question, they're engaged as far as I can recall, unless that's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

they're onto a winner teaming Roman with Bryan. they should leave them together for a while cos they've a good chemistry together

You'd have to think they're laying the groundwork for a Mania match there.

HIAC rematch made for tonight on the WWE's Twitter, Charlotte defends her newly won SD Live Women's Championship against Bayley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would be funny if Charlotte lost it. Another quick pointless reign.

J. Marston wrote: »

Padding up her reigns to make her look good. Stop with the constant hot potato of the Championship.

It's insane that she's already on her 10th reign and she's only been on the main roster for 4/5 years, how old was Ric when he won his 16th and final World Championship?

J. Marston wrote: »

Padding up her reigns to make her look good. Stop with the constant hot potato of the Championship.

It's insane that she's already on her 10th reign and she's only been on the main roster for 4/5 years, how old was Ric when he won his 16th and final World Championship?

May 2000 for his last reign which lasted less than a day. So 51 was his 16th and last world title reign. Charlotte is 33 and it six official reigns behind her dad and has technically 18 years to win the female equivalent six times.

And just to be clear the consensus is that while ric flair has 16 recognised world title reigns, he's held the title maybe 20 or 21 times in total but that in fairness was a necessity when he wrestled the main eventers in Puerto Rico when it was a case of dropping the title or getting out of the arena alive. Ric ain't that stupid.

May 2000 for his last reign which lasted less than a day. So 51 was his 16th and last world title reign. Charlotte is 33 and it six official reigns behind her dad and has technically 18 years to win the female equivalent six times.

And given the pace at which she's racking up the Championship reigns, it won't be too long into the next decade before she equals, then over-takes Ric's 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I know you've said technically but I would be surprised if she makes it into her 40s as a regular champion for various reasons not least of which is that, fair or not, there'll be someone younger coming along.

I'm on course to watch Smackdown twice in a row. The live on a Friday Irish time is a help obviously but I liked Smackdown last week on the whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I'm on course to watch Smackdown twice in a row. The live on a Friday Irish time is a help obviously but I liked Smackdown last week on the whole.

What time is it starting? I might watch a bit when I finish work

What time is it starting? I might watch a bit when I finish work

1am.

Roman vs Seth to start off the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,351 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This is an odd match Whos heel and face

You'd have to think that Roman would win in a shoot between him and Seth.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,611 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Winner picks the loser first if it was a real draft.

Winner picks the loser first if it was a real draft.

yeah but it's not a draft on the level.

Oh **** off vince please.

So how are they going to fix the ring after that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

So how are they going to fix the ring after that ?

What happened for those of us stuck in work?

What happened for those of us stuck in work?

The fiend came up through the ring floor and dragged Seth through the ring floor. Seth came back out of the hole but I'm assuming there have another canvas to put on the ring and the wooden boards will be put back safely in place so there isn't a bulldog mess from years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,351 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wtf was that in the fox room

At robot ?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wtf was that in the fox room

At robot ?

Yep. It's the robot they have for the NFL coverage. big blue bastard.

Advertisement