Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I wonder what anyone who tuned into WWE last night for the first time on Fox thought when they saw Corbin in a rejected Game of Thrones costume, Nakamura in a leather catsuit & Shorty G dressed like a blind fortnite fan. Of course they are just standing around while the stars 60+ year old Hogan & Flair cut promos for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ERG89 wrote: »
    I wonder what anyone who tuned into WWE last night for the first time on Fox thought when they saw Corbin in a rejected Game of Thrones costume, Nakamura in a leather catsuit & Shorty G dressed like a blind fortnite fan. Of course they are just standing around while the stars 60+ year old Hogan & Flair cut promos for them.

:D and at least hogan sounded of sound mind unlike flair who's clearly seen far better days.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    :D and at least hogan sounded of sound mind unlike flair who's clearly seen far better days.

Hogan's hair reminds me of dolls hair the last few years it's so fake. Flair held up remarkably well for years but now is at the stage in life where if he was a dog he'd have lost control of his bodily functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ERG89 wrote: »
    Hogan's hair reminds me of dolls hair the last few years it's so fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I can't watch next Thursday but even if I could I wouldn't as I refuse to watch that show.

Legitimate question, Is anyone here actually going to watch it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I won’t be watching the Saudi shows I feel a bit uneasy with them but sure they may buy my football team so I may have to be used to the unease

One thing I liked is they didn’t have the raw guys show up on the shows up for hogan/flair team so at least brand spilt is being done god knows if they meant it

sky88 wrote: »
    I won’t be watching the Saudi shows I feel a bit uneasy with them but sure they may buy my football team so I may have to be used to the unease

One thing I liked is they didn’t have the raw guys show up on the shows up for hogan/flair team so at least brand spilt is being done god knows if they meant it

If it's Manchester United you support, I had completely forgotten that the Saudi's had been linked with buying the club....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ill watch for the laugh

its a farce of an event but could be some comedic gold

What was last years Austrailian stadium show about in the end ?? there back doing only live events this year

If it's Manchester United you support, I had completely forgotten that the Saudi's had been linked with buying the club....

It is off topic I know but they’ll own united or Liverpool soon as their next vehicle of there great openness

It is off topic I know but they’ll own united or Liverpool soon as their next vehicle of there great openness

The Saudi's could kill off whatever apathy I have towards both Main Roster WWE & Manchester United, assuming they somehow get their greasy mitts on United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,608 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

880k viewers Brother Love to get sacked and head back to the Podcast business soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So this week's Smackdown to be the Daniel Bryan and women show?

If last week's ratings were bad, imagine them with no one there. Who is available?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So this week's Smackdown to be the Daniel Bryan and women show?

If last week's ratings were bad, imagine them with no one there. Who is available?

Apparently not just DB and the women. If might have been here or somewhere else I saw it that WWE are chartering a plane to fly the superstars back from Saudi Arabia straight after the show finishes there to get them back to the US for smackdown on Friday.

So it's not smackdown on Friday on fox this week, it's jetlagomania on fox.

Expect lots of promos and squash matches, which is understandable. Can't be expecting 20-30 minute workrate showcases after hopping straight off an across the world plane journey.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Expect lots of promos and squash matches, which is understandable. Can't be expecting 20-30 minute workrate showcases after hopping straight off an across the world plane journey.

Yeah and those promos might be backstage pre tapes as some of the male wrestlers will have in the space of two weeks will have gone to Australia and the USA and Saudi Arabia and back and their body clocks must be all over the parish.

So the women’s division might have to “put in some time” and Danial Bryan and Kevin Owens and Sami zayn will be featured heavily. I’m not sure of this but wrestling while jetlagged probably isn’t a good thing.

Had they booked the women properly the last few weeks they could have done an all women's show & give those in Saudi Arabia a break.
    They said on Raw that Evolution was a year ago & it made them look bad to bring it up.
    They need a rating yeah but it can't possibly go lower than last week. If you build for 3, maybe 4 title matches on the show it would draw interest imo.

Yeah and those promos might be backstage pre tapes as some of the male wrestlers will have in the space of two weeks will have gone to Australia and the USA and Saudi Arabia and back and their body clocks must be all over the parish.

So the women’s division might have to “put in some time” and Danial Bryan and Kevin Owens and Sami zayn will be featured heavily. I’m not sure of this but wrestling while jetlagged probably isn’t a good thing.

Well if they can't suck it up, then maybe they should recheck their priorities, their being financially well compensated for it, also touring bands/musicians pretty much do the same travel loops as pro-wrestlers. Granted they've a few days between shows, yet there isn't any complaint.

Besides they've done this loop before, they'll probably have their own methods to combat the jet lag, granted they did have a few days between Crown Jewel & Smackdown previously.

The Smackdown after this weeks is the UK edition. So more filler and squash matches

At least I get a trip away for it and I get a raw taping too ha

Well I guess we get the women and Sami/Bryan going an Hour or nxt guys being brought in for matches all of them delayed in saudi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Well I guess we get the women and Sami/Bryan going an Hour all of them delayed in saudi

https://twitter.com/wrestlingsheet/status/1190143422776123392?s=21

Saw suggestion on twitter that tonight would be good night to do an NXT invasion of Smackdown. Introduces them to a wider audience and plays into survivor series now invovling NXT.

• Advertisement

Saw suggestion on twitter that tonight would be good night to do an NXT invasion of Smackdown. Introduces them to a wider audience and plays into survivor series now invovling NXT.

dont think hhh is in saudi so would be perfect time to introduce them while possibly introducing them to wider audience

Bit of a balls up but fixable

Drag the **** out of the womens match, have KO/Zayn do long promos and a match. Maybe do a few satellite appearances

Do the miz TV and Corbin vs Roman match on next weeks edition in Manchester

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bit of a balls up but fixable

Drag the **** out of the womens match, have KO/Zayn do long promos and a match. Maybe do a few satellite appearances

Do the miz TV and Corbin vs Roman match on next weeks edition in Manchester

hogan, flair and brock are on the way back with vince so might get a appearance from them

if i remember right i think they did a good enough show when the volcano blew up in iceland and people were stuck in europe

Vince the crazy man is going against the Saudis

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1190182540222648321?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

An NXT invasion of Smackdown would be kinda pointless if most of 'Smackdown' aren't there.
    I was saying the whole time that they should have just made this Smackdown an Evolution style PPV for the women.
    Hope the talent get home safely, interesting to see what happened and how this develops.

Apparently Vince left in his private jet and everyone else is left behind. What a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

https://twitter.com/WWE_Murphy/status/1190208151859138560?s=09

Well, I guess Buddy is stuck there too!

Going to be intresting when whatever happened here comes out

wonder if vince did have the argument with the saudis and this is there version of a powerplay keeping them grounded as i seen one report saying that they were ready to take off straight after vinces took off

• Registered Users Posts: 60,608 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fox won't be happy after last weeks 880k viewers if this one is a disaster.

• Advertisement

Fox won't be happy after last weeks 880k viewers if this one is a disaster.

it might actually get a bit more viewers initally as people curious as to what kind of show they put together

Advertisement