Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fox won't be happy after last weeks 880k viewers if this one is a disaster.

Well this ****show may actually make more wreslting fans watch tonight to see what is said on air. I've seen the WWE statement and in the first two lines they had to pat themselves on the back about the event. Why is that important ?

Statement from WWE.com:

The WWE roster is delayed in its return from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, following a historic performance at yesterday’s record-breaking WWE Crown Jewel event.

More than 175 Superstars, production crew and employees boarded a 747 charter flight back to the United States on Thursday. After the door closed, due to several aircraft problems including mechanical issues, all passengers sat on the tarmac for more than six hours. With SmackDown set to emanate live from Buffalo, N.Y., several Superstars felt so strongly that they arranged for their own separate charter in order to make it back to the U.S. for the show. Due to unforeseen issues, that charter will not land until after the live broadcast on FOX.

As always with WWE, the show must go on. Live at 8/7 CT on FOX, SmackDown will feature Superstars, such as Daniel Bryan, The Miz, Carmella, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke — plus, additional surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Superstars such as Dana Brooke, give over :P

Just let Bryan and Zayn go sixty minutes and a main roster weekly WWE show might be watchable for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Advertising Dana Brooke.

Yep, they've got nobody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ooh, “additional surprises”.

My money’s on No Way Jose ending the show to crickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Never know, they could pull a great show out of the hat :pac:

J. Marston wrote: »
    Advertising Dana Brooke.

Yep, they've got nobody.

What's wrong with Dana Brooke ? She's not the best ever in the ring but she's not Eva Marie lads. And she comes across as a really nice person.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What's wrong with Dana Brooke ? She's not the best ever in the ring but she's not Eva Marie lads. And she comes across as a really nice person.

I'm sure she's lovely but it doesn't scream star power, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

midnight kickoff for this

At least i might get a decent show next week in Manchester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I assuming we might get a random commentary team tonight as I’m sure Cole and graves are there

• Registered Users Posts: 60,607 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    midnight kickoff for this

At least i might get a decent show next week in Manchester

They could all be locked up in a Saudi prison next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They could all be locked up in a Saudi prison next week.

Was just going to say that ha

This stuff is all so entertaining. The quick planned turnaround really back fired on them

The next Saudi ppv saga will be fun

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was just going to say that ha

This stuff is all so entertaining. The quick planned turnaround really back fired on them

The next Saudi ppv saga will be fun

What's entertaining about this mess ? I can't believe that WWE had nearly twelve hours to release a statement like they did. If that was all it was then why not release it way earlier ?

I'm finding it highly entertaining to be honest.

Take the devils money and you play with fire.

I'm finding it highly entertaining to be honest.

Take the devils money and you play with fire.

Well it makes Vince and all the other people in charge look like what they are which is money hungry but I feel for the wrestlers and other crew members.

Well it makes Vince and all the other people in charge look like what they are which is money hungry but I feel for the wrestlers and other crew members.

The crew I do feel sorry for the wrestlers I don't they could have all taken the Daniel Bryan stance and said no but they choose the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Has anyone seen Clerks? More specifically the Death Star monologue? Well that rings true here. The staff knew there was inherent risks in travelling to such a nation. So tough titty to them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

bot43 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Clerks? More specifically the Death Star monologue? Well that rings true here. The staff knew there was inherent risks in travelling to such a nation. So tough titty to them too.

I was going to mention this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So I’m guessing a few got on a plane Cesaro in Ireland

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4VULy1FX-9/?igshid=5peau2e07l4j

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sky88 wrote: »
    So I’m guessing a few got on a plane Cesaro in Ireland

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4VULy1FX-9/?igshid=5peau2e07l4j

He must be visiting his buddy, fella.

The six woman tag match for tonight has been changed to a one on one match for the smackdown women's title so bayley will face Nikki cross.

Also assuming that cole and graves weren't on the plane that left with 20 on board then is it tom Phillips and whoever they can find(Renee ?) to call the show ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When it showed the graphic last night for the women's match of Nikki, Carmella and Dana against Mandy, Sonya and Bayley I was wondering is Alexa injured again?

So if Bray was due to appear on MizTv, would that change until they figure out where the title is meant to go? And does Bray carry the title or is it only the Fiend?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    When it showed the graphic last night for the women's match of Nikki, Carmella and Dana against Mandy, Sonya and Bayley I was wondering is Alexa injured again?

So if Bray was due to appear on MizTv, would that change until they figure out where the title is meant to go? And does Bray carry the title or is it only the Fiend?

I think Alexa is injured again but I've seen it described as not a big injury which is good as it's not her head.

Well you'd think that the mizTv interview was set up with the knowledge that bray as the fiend was winning last night in Saudi Arabia but this being WWE(or more accurately vince) it might have been a case of announce first work it out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I would assume it was set up, but doesn't seem like the place for it. Unless they realise Bray works better when having someone to work with rather than coming to the ring and cutting the promo himself.

I think after this, Vince will be having meetings with Fox where he'll be told to decide whose money he wants more.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I would assume it was set up, but doesn't seem like the place for it. Unless they realise Bray works better when having someone to work with rather than coming to the ring and cutting the promo himself.

I think after this, Vince will be having meetings with Fox where he'll be told to decide whose money he wants more.

I think there will be meetings where fox will want to know how something like this happens and remind vince of the fact they are paying him a serious amount of coin to carry his show and the Saudi adventures are just that.

I think there will be meetings where fox will want to know how something like this happens and remind vince of the fact they are paying him a serious amount of coin to carry his show and the Saudi adventures are just that.

I'd love to see Vince getting a stern talking to. Imagine that.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'd love to see Vince getting a stern talking to. Imagine that.

Well either vince or the new executive director of smackdown will be summoned. I'd say Eric bischoff is gutted he's not in charge of smackdown after the last 24/48 hours.

• Advertisement

Is it 12 midnight for smackdown tonight ?

Advertisement