Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I guess a feud with Crews makes sense, but it strikes me as the sort of feud where come the Royal Rumble we'll already have seen them fight 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Deonna Purrazzo under the Luchadora mask again tonight I see. Wonder what their longer term plan is? I've seen suggestions she's keeping it warm for Mickie James but surely she'll come in as a face, maybe she'll team up with Becky?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was an epic promo from AJ Styles, his delivery is so good.

Pretty sure we heard this [Cena's] promo before....

Corbin is laughably bad on the mic. They need to give him a manager or something.

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Corbin is laughably bad on the mic. They need to give him a manager or something.

Definitely needs some help alright. I'd prefer him to stay away from the mic altogether and form a stable instead and let their fists do the talking. Turn the Lone Wolf into a pack of wolves. The Authors of Pain in NXT with Corbin could work nicely.

I think it's a testament to the show that it took nearly an hour and a half (when they announced Nikki and Carmella were on the way) before I could finally go make tea.

Jesus that new backstage interviewer is awful. Is she trying to copy Matt Morgan's old gimmick?

Hopefully Miz dropping the IC title means he moves on to bigger things. Part of me still thinks there's a chance he'll wrestle Bryan at Mania even though I should really know better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

martyos121 wrote: »
    Definitely needs some help alright. I'd prefer him to stay away from the mic altogether and form a stable instead and let their fists do the talking. Turn the Lone Wolf into a pack of wolves. The Authors of Pain in NXT with Corbin could work nicely.

I thought when he came out that his and Style's looks already gel perfectly. Having Styles form a new Club, so to speak, with Corbin involved, could help Corbin massively. Still, despite promo weaknesses, he's being booked extremely well over the last few weeks. And putting him into the feud means we don't get AJ/Cena three times in the next three weeks.

Enjoyed the show for what it was. My one worry is that with Raw and Reigns, and Smackdown and Cena, we have a situation where it looks like Vince is going "Ok, your internet darlings got their title runs, now it's time for my guys to main event Mania".

Bryan has an interesting bit on Talking Smack about part timers.

Miz also had a great moment too where he freaked out again. Don't have the link, but I've got to be honest....I'd really, really love Miz to get a main event push pretty quickly. Probably going to be post Mania at this stage, but he's being set up, both by booking and by himself, brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I thought when he came out that his and Style's looks already gel perfectly. Having Styles form a new Club, so to speak, with Corbin involved, could help Corbin massively. Still, despite promo weaknesses, he's being booked extremely well over the last few weeks. And putting him into the feud means we don't get AJ/Cena three times in the next three weeks.

Said the same thing back in September that when Ellsworth was AJ' s tag partner they should have had Corbin attack him before the match instead of Miz and inserted Corbin into the Styles/Cena/Ambrose mini feud for No Mercy.

Miz would have still gotten over doing something else could have even interrupted the tag match distracting Ambrose which would then make sense why they are feuding now.

Corbin and Styles could have been another Nash/HBK and seeing since the triple threat had Styles winning using the chair you could have Corbin interfere attacking Cent while Styles picked up the win and have Corbin then kayfabe injury Cena after the match. That writes Cena out for his time off and gives Corbin some great momentum destroying the 15 time champ instead of messing about with Kalisto.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

If for any reason taker is not going againist cena or aj at mania. wouldnt be suprised if taker takes on braun.

i would love the mania main event to be cena vs AJ vs the miz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

This was a very good episode of smackdown, Mile and Miles ahead of Raw.

Corbyn is actually a better version of Roman Reigns.

Only thing that was missing was a dirty deeds to The Miz's missus.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone have a feeling that they will have Miz say that the ref should have disqualified him after Maryse slapped Ambrose.

Agree i really enjoyed SD have to say AJ is on fire with his promos and Cena is alright but just rehashing his usual "big fight" promo schtick.

Def thought Kalisto was going heel for a split second but glad Ziggler turned. The only thing is i feel SD is really missing good faces to move up the ranks. Apollo is woeful on the mic , Mojo is just awful

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Anyone have a feeling that they will have Miz say that the ref should have disqualified him after Maryse slapped Ambrose.

Miz does say that on talking smack from last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had the heel turn spoiled on me, but the locker room bit seemed weird. Should've gone with an attempted interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

James Elsworth has already expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a pretty good episode of Smackdown. Some very good moments but some awful bits too.

I felt the Cena/Styles segment was tremendous. They made this feel like a big time match and that the stakes are high. It was slightly spoiled for me though when Corbin came out and his promo work was awful. I can see why they push Strowman because he's built like a tank, but Corbin isn't particularly strong looking. He's just tall. (Oh and he's the most metal athlete of the year - very important, that). I just don't see anything in this guy. When you've got a guy on the same show called Luke Harper who's much better in the ring, has a much better character, and carries a much greater air of menace, who is featured as a supporting cast member while this guy gets centre stage, and probably the WWE Title soon, ugh...I despair.

I liked the Ziggler heel turn. This has been needed for many months now and it will freshen him up and give him some new opponents.

I've cooled off on Ellsworth. This storyline with Carmella does nothing for me. The fact he heelishly helped her win her match as well seems to suggest that the storyline isn't that Ellsworth is delusional, but that Carmella is for wanting to be with him? Because if it later transpires that she IS using him, why should we feel sympathy for him when he is acting as a heel? This is dumb.

Speaking of dumb, after several months of 'Who attacked Nikki?' and a great promo from Natalya where she verbally destroyed Nikki, the follow-up is the two of them standing in the ring having a civil conversation? This pissed me off so much. Nikki should have been trying to tear Natalya apart the first time she saw her. And then to top off the stupidity, Nikki lays her out with a forearm smash and strolls off smirking. So that's it? Surely I'm not supposed to care about these two having a match next week when you just showed me Nikki getting her revenge and cheerfully waltzing off? This was a shambles.

The La Luchadora storyline is pretty whacky. I'm not a fan of it because it's like the mystery of the person inside is taking precedence over the battle for the championship. I can't see that happening on Raw. Here we had the champ tapping out and it was treated like a total afterthought.

I enjoyed American Alpha being put over strong. This is the way they should have been presented all along.

I also liked The Miz storyline with Ambrose which built to a great conclusion at the end of the night.

Overall I thought it was a bit of a mixed bag with the main event and the contract signing giving the show a big help, but there was some poor stuff on the show too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hated Bryan on talking Smack, bringing up how the part timers get the best spots v the guys who were there all year, leading live events etc.

I really didn't need to be reminded of it on the road to Mania!

AJ is doing so well, it will be a shame to see him lose out come Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

DM_7 wrote: »
    AJ is doing so well, it will be a shame to see him lose out come Mania.

It's a little but like Punk in 2011 or 2012 isn't it

Knowing this guy is so good and has been at the top for a lot of the past year

But Undertaker/HHH/Goldberg/Lesnar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It's a little but like Punk in 2011 or 2012 isn't it

Knowing this guy is so good and has been at the top for a lot of the past year

But Undertaker/HHH/Goldberg/Lesnar

I think this year is OTT on part timers.

I am all for Brock v Goldberg as it won't be a long match and Rollins v HHH uses a part timer to show case a full timer.

But I think thats enough. I think the way the had a surprise Rock appearance, squash was good use of a big name but not taking the focus away from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

DM_7 wrote: »
    I think this year is OTT on part timers.

I am all for Brock v Goldberg as it won't be a long match and Rollins v HHH uses a part timer to show case a full timer.

But I think thats enough. I think the way the had a surprise Rock appearance, squash was good use of a big name but not taking the focus away from others.

I agree but I hated how it was built up with the whole record breaking comments from the Rock, I was expecting big news or something. Came off as a let down. Just say The Rocks appearing and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I've no problem having all the part timers on the card to sell the show more (get more eyes on it rather than sell ppvs as that model is dead). But you should use those names to bring eyes to the likes of AJ from a casual fan. Who knows if they like what they see they could stick around and wwe could make more money from it.

And lets be fair AJ can put on a far far more impressive match in the main event than any of the part timers. The main task wwe should be looking at is getting him the best opponent to put on the best match. But Cena will have the belt come mania so it doesn't matter.

Let n = the number of fücks given about Smackdown on here tonight.
    n = 0

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm watching it but I'm sleep deprived which is impacting greatly on my care.

Ziggler has totally switched to a heel style in the ring, it's great.

This Orton - Wyatt thing needs to end. Too many people like Randy for them to work as heels; American Alpha were totally drowned in that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky with the subtle (or not so subtle) insult...

https://streamable.com/e80af

I love Talking Smack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Neil3030 wrote: »
    This Orton - Wyatt thing needs to end. Too many people like Randy for them to work as heels; American Alpha were totally drowned in that match.

But then Randy will get bored again working as a face and will want to turn heel again

Simplest way for him to get booed is while as a heel don't do the usual Randy Orton moves, tease them maybe especially the RKO but don't do them

Would drive fans nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Makes such a difference that Smackdown announces what is on next weeks show. I was able to know going in whats happening and it means there is always some progression whereas on Raw its the opposite so Stephanie and Foley can get TV time

Advertisement