Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Why doesn't the guy applying the surfboard ever get counted down when the shoulders are down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

tonight has shown that Tom Phillips is great on commentary and Renee has been good and Pat McAfee is surprisingly good given his lack of commentary experience.

Brilliant match.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wow, that’s a massive rub for Adam Cole. Clean win too! :)

• Advertisement

In one show they have built the NXT part of the Survivor Series better than they could have imagined. Nice to see Dakota Kai in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pretty cool episode

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Pretty cool episode

As an enjoyable two hours of wrestling I've had in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Only catching clips so I have no idea who was on commentary. Who was the clown smirking while Ciampa was talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Only catching clips so I have no idea who was on commentary. Who was the clown smirking while Ciampa was talking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

NXT will likely job at Survivor Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Any show without Cole and Graves stinking up the place on commentary is a great one in my eyes, pity will most likely return to type next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

764dak wrote: »
    NXT will likely job at Survivor Series.

i can see them winning a few matvhes at the ppv because as we've seen esp in the last couple, wins and losses at ss are ultimately pointless and mean nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

FOX are probably thinking it was a great ad for USA Network. All NXT victories and Brock leaving to go to Raw.
    I guess the NXT guys aren't limited to one network like the Raw and Smackdown guys.

Great episode but one complaint I have and it's not just this episode, but usually around this time is having things like Shayna standing with Rhea even though they're due to go to war against each other.

But I think it's safe to say for the men's champions match at Survivor Series, Cole is taking the pin since it is very unlikely to be Bray or Brock.

Problem now is that, if the contracts are a network thing, then Smackdown can't hit back on NXT. That will be Raw's job.

Smackdown can just say how they waited until the heavy hitters were out of the country before they attacked and they're cowards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought it was funny the way Ciampa was eye-balling Goldie at the end. Yeah, they were standing together as NXT but he still wants that title.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    FOX are probably thinking it was a great ad for USA Network. All NXT victories and Brock leaving to go to Raw.
    I guess the NXT guys aren't limited to one network like the Raw and Smackdown guys.

Great episode but one complaint I have and it's not just this episode, but usually around this time is having things like Shayna standing with Rhea even though they're due to go to war against each other.

But I think it's safe to say for the men's champions match at Survivor Series, Cole is taking the pin since it is very unlikely to be Bray or Brock.

Problem now is that, if the contracts are a network thing, then Smackdown can't hit back on NXT. That will be Raw's job.

Smackdown can just say how they waited until the heavy hitters were out of the country before they attacked and they're cowards.

Rhea and Tegan were best buddies last night despite Rhea mocking Tegan's broken leg for the last year.

Brand supremacy trumps all. If Rusev and Lashley were on the same brand they'd probably be high-fiving each other in a few weeks!

Edit: They are! I thought Lashley had gone to Smackdown for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Pretty good and refreshingly different episode.
    I mean it would have been cooler if Smackdown was pretty baron of talent cause of the flight issues.
    Would have loved to see something like the UE laying out Brock.
    Hoping the crossover continues to be good with Raw/Smackdown coming to NXT too.

Just saw some of the NXT UK roster are going up against 205 Live next week

Meh but I'll sit through it

Was the same last time. Think Mark Andrews and/or Flash Morgan Webster was on it. I don't think Walter qualifies

So good things from last night.
    -bayley vs Nikki cross was a great match
    -Bianca Belair is deceptively strong and that was great when she press slammed Carmella
    - Adam cole and DB
    - commentary just proves that Tom Phillips is really good on commentary and Michael cole isn't. Renee young was great aswell.
    -Sonya doing her best Marty Jannetty impression

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Best episode of Smackdown in a long time, now let's see how RAW & Smackdown retaliate respectively...

Just noticed after watching a clip on YouTube, WWE are using Airbourne's Are You Ready.

Be curious to see figures and how they changed for the second hour.

Quick google says 2.54 million viewers

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Be curious to see figures and how they changed for the second hour.

It could be a double edged sword after this week. The numbers wil most likely be up given the Saudi Arabia delay and if a new fan/lapsed fan tuned in last night and got the impression that's what smackdown is always like then the bump in numbers may go down quickly when it's clear this isn't.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Rhea and Tegan were best buddies last night despite Rhea mocking Tegan's broken leg for the last year.

Tegan and Rhea are teaming together at WarGames. Dakota would've made more sense in the tag match last night, but I suppose if you have someone like Rhea, you use her if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

2.54m viewers this week.

Which is around what it was 2 weeks ago if you take out the blip last week due to the baseball.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,874 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

2.54m viewers this week.

Which is around what it was 2 weeks ago if you take out the blip last week due to the baseball.

And it was back on Fox this week rather than FS1

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Tyson Fury to appear on Smackdown this Friday in Manchester

Officer999 wrote: »
    Tyson Fury to appear on Smackdown this Friday in Manchester

Fantastic but he will get a great reception

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Brand new Firefly Funhouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think "Hurt" and "Heal" would've been cooler as his side-plates.

Advertisement