Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sending my love from Manchester

Hope it's not a **** show ha

Classic sets here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Enjoy, PTH.

It was a decent SD with 2 surprises

Straight into Raw taping no time for a pint ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Jeez lads, I only just noticed this. If you have Sky, Smackdown is on Sky Mix tonight at 1 am.

Its channel 145

Almost got caught out as it wasn't set to record even though its meant to be series linked.

Just an FYI so you don't get caught out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Just checked results, seemed like a poor enough smack down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Just checked results, seemed like a poor enough smack down

Yeah i just read it to...reads as a terrible show

It was ok same with Raw

A bit disappointing with the rumours that were going around about certain people showing up which sadly didnt happen but look it was enjoyable to be at a tv taping. Deff wont be my last

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It was ok same with Raw

A bit disappointing with the rumours that were going around about certain people showing up which sadly didnt happen but look it was enjoyable to be at a tv taping. Deff wont be my last
    Thoughts on biggest reactions, non-reactions?

For ad breaks, do wrestlers do anything with the crowd or do the audience just get ads on the tron?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,606 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd guess for recorded episodes outside the US there is no need for ad break stops during the live show they can be edited in later for TV.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Thoughts on biggest reactions, non-reactions?

For ad breaks, do wrestlers do anything with the crowd or do the audience just get ads on the tron?

Ads on the tron with the ring and ramp dark. Even do a certain someone lost there match they still got a proper leaving while others simply were blacked out

The dark segment was funny with that person not appearing on any of the tapings

Theres a big guy off camera who tells the people behind the commentators to sit down when they do the camera shots

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Still going to watch Smackdown tonight as the last month/five weeks I've watched more weekly wrestling than I have in years. I include NXT(well I watching that anyway) and NWA Power and Smackdown.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Still going to watch Smackdown tonight as the last month/five weeks I've watched more weekly wrestling than I have in years. I include NXT(well I watching that anyway) and NWA Power and Smackdown.

I'll never give up on wwe

It was a slog tonight to get through 4.5 hours of tv tapings and a dark match live but theres worse things to be doing

I'll never give up on wwe

It was a slog tonight to get through 4.5 hours of tv tapings and a dark match live but theres worse things to be doing

I've never stopped watching since 1994 but my point is the last month I've watch the most wrestling weekly then I've watched in many a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,874 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Was looking forward to War Raiders Vs Revival Vs UE at SS, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The only good thing about Smackdown appears to be Imperium by the sounds of it!

Revival need to head to AEW ASAP, New Day as champs is the same repetitive formula.

On a sidenote have they slightly soured on Mandy Rose, thought she was getting a slight push few months back but her and Deville seem to just keep losing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Was looking forward to War Raiders Vs Revival Vs UE at SS, oh well.

Well f*ck I didn't think about that. New day can just **** off. Big E has potential, Kofi was a failed experiment.

Watch as they change One of the US or intercontinental titles so we dont get an awesome aj v strong v Nakamura match. They will have Nak lose to ****in corbin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Classic sets here

I’d say they keep them in storage in the UK. They had the old fashioned ring posts with no LED screen on them either

Did they have the titontron ring aprons?

I’d say they keep them in storage in the UK. They had the old fashioned ring posts with no LED screen on them either

Did they have the titontron ring aprons?

Nope

• Advertisement

That new Sasha banks theme song is awful compared to the old one.

The revival will be showing up in AEW I think.

I really like dana Brooke but who did Sonya piss off backstage to have her take the pin ? Sonya and Mandy have something but WWE doesn't see it. Last nights episode was business as usual which isn't good. I read the results for raw on Monday and it's meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That new Sasha banks theme song is awful compared to the old one.

The revival will be showing up in AEW I think.

I really like dana Brooke but who did Sonya piss off backstage to have her take the pin ? Sonya and Mandy have something but WWE doesn't see it. Last nights episode was business as usual which isn't good. I read the results for raw on Monday and it's meh.

I think it's better than what she had, mainly because the remix has Snoop Dogg on it.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think it's better than what she had, mainly because the remix has Snoop Dogg on it.

Maybe I'll come to like it but first impressions I didn't like it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Last night's Smackdown was nearly the definition of a "filler" show.

Bryan vs Bray should be good, and the tag titles changed hands. But otherwise, there was a lot of spinning wheels, and plenty you could skip and ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Haven't read the Raw spoilers or watched this week's NXT but getting the vibe that the championship matches for Survivor Series are gonna be Rey v. Brock (confirmed), Bryan v. Bray and Seth v. Cole. Is that fair to assume?

Not sure what to make of Sasha's theme yet, think I like it though. Kind of annoyed that the whole Survivor Series build now seems to be Main Roster vs. NXT. Raw and Smackdown are opponents as well, can WWE just not confidently book 3 rosters fighting?

Yeah, and have to admit, I'm not really a fan of any of them, cause they all seem predictable.

Bray isn't losing the title quickly. And nor should he. He should be champ going to Mania, where he can be the final boss for whoever they build up between now and then (which is probably Roman).

I can't see either Cole beating Seth or Rey beating Brock either. Both scream short term stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Assuming it's for the NXT title, I can't see Seth going back to NXT for any significant amount of time. So maybe Cole gets the win or shenanigans with TUE.

I feel like the other two matches would have benefited from a long term story. Could see a good story with Rey eventually toppling Brock but it's too soon.

For Bray I really wonder what his Mania match is. Bryan definitely isn't getting the win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Cole will win, since when HHH and Seth were talking on Raw it seemed that if Seth won, he would be going to NXT.

Anyway for Smackdown, at least New Day are kind of pointing out the absurdity of the number of title reigns they and Charlotte have.
    I think everyone there should take notice of any red lights being set up around them if they want to avoid Bray.
    Do you think it was intentional they had team Ali G fight in England?
    I'm surprised Sonya isn't getting more of a push to try and appeal to the LGBT+ community, considering they once had that idea with Balor.

I guess the fact they taped Raw is why 205 Live was recorded at NXT this week. Mansoor actually had a match that wasn't in Saudi Arabia.

Ooooh yeah, Seth isn't WWE champ. lol, forgot that, and thought it would be Cole getting a title shot, not Seth.

• Advertisement

Did bray wyatt attack Daniel bryan ??

Saw nothing of this in the arena

Advertisement