Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Now that belt is sexy.

No it bloody isn't AC. There was nothing wrong with the now old IC title belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i wonder where the retired belts go ??

Obv who wins one gets a copy for home and wwe give out a lot of custom ones to people/sports teams

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i wonder where the retired belts go ??

Obv who wins one gets a copy for home and wwe give out a lot of custom ones to people/sports teams

Wrestlemania Axxess ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Wrestlemania Axxess ?

possibly

id love to be locked in that WWE storage room wherever its located

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NXT winning everything on the go home show I guess that means they are jobbing on Sunday.

• Advertisement

NXT coming out strong in whatever matches they take part in

Bad news for then Sunday I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The crowd is dead as fcuk unless a catchphrase is used.

With there darling back in the wwe fold they have nothing to be smary about

I'm going to bed. ill see ye tomorrow night. ****ing some awful rubbish tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

That new IC belt looks like a class ring.

• Advertisement

That was a crazy ending both corny (the entrance of the NXT roster) but great entertainment. Deff the biggest brawl in the history of wwe

• Site Banned Posts: 35 joejoggs

Was at the event. Yep crowd were pretty bad allright. Brawl got the crowd going allright. One quick chant of CM Punk when AJ Styles was talking.

I found the fiend funny as there was a guy at the side of the ring with a flashlight moving it around on him during the mandible claw.

Heavy machinery were fu*kin awesome live.

I think most of the die hard fans are waiting for survivor series and Monday night Raw here in Chicago.

Roman Reigns got the biggest cheer of the night when he came out. Then when Seth Rollins came it was bigger and everyone was on their feet.

There was a segment off air at the end with Triple H, Road Dog, Shawn Micheals and Barin Corbin at the end. Corbin saying he was the last man standing after the brawl, they invited him to join DX, Then got all the finish moves on him then and DX doing their usual stuff. Crowd went mad again for this.

My first WWE event and enjoyed it.

I have ringside seats now for survivor series and close to ringside for Monday night raw and also AEW.

Ticket tonight was 20 dollars and 11 dollars admin fee. Was worth the 31 dollars. Event was far from sold out.

Looking forward to seeing Brock throw Rey around a rag doll but think we'll see interference with Cain since its a no holds bar match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

Just saw a gif of the jeep bit from SD. Cringeworthy. They really don't have anything other than nostalgia to try to win over the fans.

Someone on another message board had a great analogy for the "brand warfare" thing: It's like a cooking competition between three branches of Mc Donalds. Also, the staff involved transferred between the three branches a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

randomspud wrote:
    Just saw a gif of the jeep bit from SD. Cringeworthy. They really don't have anything other than nostalgia to try to win over the fans.

Someone on another message board had a great analogy for the "brand warfare" thing: It's like a cooking competition between three branches of Mc Donalds. Also, the staff involved transferred between the three branches a few weeks ago.

Probably the best analogy anyone could make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The build for Survivor Series has gotten way too repetitive, only so many times random attacks and mass brawls have an appeal when they get thrown at you on all three shows in the build-up, particularly as pointed out above where there is no incentive for the winning team to win, despite enemies and people feuding with each other seemingly putting that aside for a few weeks of brand loyalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

59c70910f1f67afff33e742509e33cbf.jpgSD needs her back

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nice IC ttitle is hideous.

Keith Lee is great. I think he should beat Cole for the title down the line.

They changed the IC belt because Cody was the first one to hold the white one back in 2013 or whenever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Keith Lee has looked great in all the closing segments, and last nights was great too. That Spirit Bomb was incredible, and the crowd got behind the tease of him vs Strowman.

Meanwhile, Seth gets the Punk chants he’s been gagging for too. He will be thrilled with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    NXT coming out strong in whatever matches they take part in

Bad news for then Sunday I'm guessing

I wouldn't be so sure. Surely even they realise that if they want the casuals to invest in NXT or to keep the ratings where they are then you gotta portray them as equals.

Like I think Raw and Smackdown will win the men's and women's survivor series type matches but can see NXT winning the champions triple threat matches. Plus Cole should get a huge reaction from the crowd for his match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Well I guess I'm in the minority in liking Smackdown this week.
    Yeah the Invasion stuff is repeating a bit but it's the last week of it so I don't mind. I actually like the new belt but don't understand why they introduced it randomly out of nowhere and I quite liked the IC title as is, should have changed the US one which is cringe enough looking. I don't think it's a Cody reason tbh, not everything is about AEW.

NXT people have really been pulling double duty as of late.

ThePott wrote: »
    NXT people have really been pulling double duty as of late.

And still only getting developmental pay unless they sign a new contract for 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That is a **** looking belt. What was wrong with the old belt ?
    Now that belt is sexy.
    No it bloody isn't AC. There was nothing wrong with the now old IC title belt.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

randomspud wrote: »
    They changed the IC belt because Cody was the first one to hold the white one back in 2013 or whenever.

That's a hell of a reach there. Let's change it to spite an ex-employee. Or as Cody himself tweeted.

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1198290549561843713
    Unlikely. Probably just time for a change. All good things and such...

I’m sure this one will have great moments/wrestlers attached to it just like the older one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yeah.....look that white IC title is legendary but the prestige of it is in the gutter. Hopefully this design change will motivate the company to treat it seriously again. I actually like it a lot.

US belt needs similar.

If the motivation was an anti-Cody one, it would have been done weeks if not months ago.

I'd be way more of the opinion that its not a coincidence it was done exactly 4 weeks out from Christmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Replica belt sales? Like bringing out a new football kit?
    Well they've now changed the IC and Universal titles since moving to Fox. Of course, the Universal title needed a change.

After seeing the NXT women, all I could think was "poor Dakota". It's like Rhea is picking everyone but her. Now she picks her main rival from NXT UK. Though I know Toni lost the title to Kay Lee. Not that we know it was Rhea that picked the team.
    Fair play to Rhea. 23, reinvented herself between this and last year's MYC and is now team captain for WarGames and Survivor Series.

So is Miz heel again?

Rhea used a homophobic slur on a livestream so the sky is the limit for her in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What'd she say? Was half listening.

Edit: ok, googled and wasn't last night so didn't miss it

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Replica belt sales? Like bringing out a new football kit?
    Well they've now changed the IC and Universal titles since moving to Fox. Of course, the Universal title needed a change.

Universal did need the color change.

But both new belts are now available on their site, for the low low price of €424.88 (plus shipping).

Advertisement