Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

What do people think of the Ziggler match? Kind of lol that even as a heel, he still loses, but I think it makes sense to keep winding him up to see how low he'll go. This week he wrestled as a technical heel and lost, next week I'd want to see him poke a few eyes and rake a few faces etc. Not helping the guys they've paired him with are completely not over. Yes chants broke out as he was beating Kalisto and Crews down with chairs...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shane to open tonight's show with a "huge" announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cn_sjw-VUAAD7SV.jpg

Its that time of the bastard week again

1. Major Announcement by Shane O Mac
    WWE.com has learned that Commissioner Shane McMahon will open SmackDown LIVE this week with some very big news. Under the leadership of Shane-O-Mac and General Manager Daniel Bryan, Team Blue has simply thrived. Although we are not sure what he has to say, the announcement will no doubt take SmackDown LIVE to the next level. Is it possible that the man in charge has something up his sleeve for the Royal Rumble? Which Superstar, or Superstars, will the big news concern

2.Historic SD Womens Steel Cage Title Match
    History will truly be made as a Women’s Championship has never before been decided in a Steel Cage Match on Team Blue. Will Bliss be able to withstand the straight fire of Lynch with nowhere to run? Or will WWE’s Wicked Witch fend off her No. 1 contender yet again?

3. Return of the Kings Court
    Tonight, as announced on his Twitter account, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler will hold "King's Court," with Ziggler as his special guest. The return of the talk show is a huge get for SmackDown LIVE. But will The Showoff be able to quell his new-found agression in the pressense of royalty?

4. Wyatt Family Turmoil
    Will the Wyatts find a way to pick up the pieces and reassert themselves as one of the most dangerous groups in WWE? Or is this simply the beginning of the end?

Sky Sports 5 Weds 18 Jan 1am

have a feeling the major annoucement will be that SD have the number 30 spot for the rumble match or they have signed Samoa Joe or someother big star Or Shane O Mac is going to be in the rumble match ???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Shane to open tonight's show with a "huge" announcement.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say said announcement is
    Mickie James
    is a member of the Smackdown Live roster.

Kurt Angle has signed a contract with Smackdown?

Now that would be huge!

But not going to happen :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say said announcement is
    Mickie James
    is a member of the Smackdown Live roster.

I wouldn't be surprised if he announced if he was entering the Rumble himself, saying he wants to earn it and not just put himself in the main event, and then in the Rumble his programme for Mania can be set up whatever it will be

Haven't seen this anywhere but it's my theory

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Isnt brie due soon could it be Bryan taking time off to be with her which would be a shame for us as he's been great Gm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think the cage match should go last.
    I always find it funny when they have a match in a cage to stop outside interference. When was the last time that worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

sky88 wrote:
    Isnt brie due soon could it be Bryan taking time off to be with her which would be a shame for us as he's been great Gm.

I wouldn't say he'll take too much time off, from what I get he literally only works the Tuesdays and any other work is just appearences as an ambassador for the company.

Announcement was that the world Title will be defended inside the elimination chamber at the EC PPV in February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Announcement was that the world Title will be defended inside the elimination chamber at the EC PPV in February

Making being in the Rumble obsolete! Much better chance in a match with 5 other guys than 29 other guys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Decent cage match and Mickie :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Making being in the Rumble obsolete! Much better chance in a match with 5 other guys than 29 other guys :P

Yeah they could have waited a bit before the ELimination storyline started but I guess they gotta promote the PPV.

I will give Smackdown this though, stroylines progress on the show making everything seem more important while that isn't usually the case on Raw.

This show alone had the chamber announcement, The Wyatts further in-fighting, the womens title on the line and Zigglers continued heel turn plus Mickie.

Speaking of Micke James, I liked her reveal but didn't likethe use of the cage door in the main event. A cage is supposed to keep people out and keep people inside to have to face each other, you shouldn't be able to just open the door , walk in and interfere.

Time for Bray Wyatt to go out on his own for a while

Bit of a dick move for Dolph Ziggler to kick king in the chest. I thought the king got a heart attack out of the blue commentating not after a match ???

My guess for the world title EC match is Cena (c), Aj Styles, Corbain, Miz, Ziggler and Bray Wyatt.

Looks like the Rumble winner will be from Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bit of a dick move for Dolph Ziggler to kick king in the chest. I thought the king got a heart attack out of the blue commentating not after a match ???

My guess for the world title EC match is Cena (c), Aj Styles, Corbain, Miz, Ziggler and Bray Wyatt.

He wrestled a match early in the show then went back to commentating as he felt no different than usual then the hart attack happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah they could have waited a bit before the ELimination storyline started but I guess they gotta promote the PPV

This is something that just burns my cannoli! WWE are continuously shilling and selling you on future things. Start the build to No Way Out at the Rumble, that's grand. Around Series time they were shilling TLC, Roadblock AND the Rumble. You're always being hustled, jeez I'm already wolfing this one down! C'mon!

Afaik, there's only two weeks between the Rumble and EC. I guess they feel that they have to start building it this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It's something that's always annoyed me as well. I feel like it takes away from the event you are watching when they are constantly just promoting the next one. It feels like there's no end.

I get it from a business point of view though. You have to make sure people know about the next thing you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I always felt the February PPV was neglected in promotion due to how close it is to the Rumble each year. I'm happy with them starting the build a bit earlier, but I see why some wouldn't be.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id rather they just announced that the Elimination chamber will be back at the next PPV but not announce what championship would be involved in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Id rather they just announced that the Elimination chamber will be back at the next PPV but not announce what championship would be involved in it

Well it's a Smackdown event so it was always going to be a WWE title match

Could always have a number 1 contender match as the chamber match if the Rumble winner wants to take on the Universal champion

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Was kinda hoping they'd announce the chamber match was for the ic title. Have the world title defended in a one on one or triple threat,

I actually like the EC being for the WWE title.

To get a spot in the main event at Mania via the Rumble, you have to beat 29 other guys. So the idea that the champ has to go through 5 in a gimmick match where its hard to cheat a win seems fair enough. It means, in theory, that the two men in the match (IF the rumble winner picks the WWE Champ) have 100% earned their spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Damn that Dolph Ziggler, I mean its almost like he wants people to dislike him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Great promo from Becky here pure rage

http://twitter.com/WWE/status/821595066166870018

Not a great reaction to Mickie's return. One's thing for sure, it's easy to tell now it wasn't her the previous weeks. Movements, stance, body are all very distinct.
    She clearly has a type, since wasn't Bliss known as Mini Trish Stratus?

With regard the chamber match, they could have the Rumble winner teasing which brand he'll go for until after the Chamber match when he attacks the winner

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LeeJM wrote: »
    Damn that Dolph Ziggler, I mean its almost like he wants people to dislike him :rolleyes:

Yeah dolph is lucky he's in 2017. Try doing that to Jerry lawyer in Memphis is the late 70s you'd be lucky to get out alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not a great reaction to Mickie's return. One's thing for sure, it's easy to tell now it wasn't her the previous weeks. Movements, stance, body are all very distinct.
    She clearly has a type, since wasn't Bliss known as Mini Trish Stratus?

With regard the chamber match, they could have the Rumble winner teasing which brand he'll go for until after the Chamber match when he attacks the winner

Well yeah you could tell mickie wasn't in it the other weeks. Alexa was/is called baby trish.

I'm fairly certain that La Luchadora was black at least once...

• Advertisement

Oh I know it was obvious enough but seeing her now, it's even more obvious. So would be funny if next week Becky confronts Alexa and Mickie only to be attacked by yet another La Luchadora.

Edit: Any chance can resize/delete that Smackdown logo from last night's post? It just suddenly got massive. Though will be oon a new page soon anyway so probably a non issue

Advertisement