Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sheamus back as a heel it looks like

****ing Ads

• Registered Users Posts: 39,902 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sheamus back as a heel it looks like

****ing Ads

Why are you giving out about ads ? Ads aren’t new on wwe programming since it’s been live.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Why are you giving out about ads ? Ads aren’t new on wwe programming since it’s been live.

Just not used to them on BT

Miz is heel again then. The Fiend really does **** with peoples heads as per Daniel Bryan as Finn/Rollins and now Miz all went heel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

WWE please don’t tease me with roman vs Bryan and give me roman vs bray instead

sky88 wrote: »
    WWE please don’t tease me with roman vs Bryan and give me roman vs bray instead

Looking that way but we could also get a triple threat at mania so Roman doesn't have to pin the fiend to win the title. Will be a Raw Royal rumble winner in the scenario I imagine

• Advertisement

Lot of returns

Sheamus, John Morrison and the new look usos

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

JoMo must have dozed off in the tanning bed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Just not used to them on BT

In fairness, BT nor Sky control that. It's all on the Americans end.

Its something I really hate when I go on holidays to America. Everything has twice as many ad breaks in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Lord TSC wrote: »

Its something I really hate when I go on holidays to America. Everything has twice as many ad breaks in it.

I remember watching an episode of the Simpsons about 20 years ago on holidays, it went to yet anoteher ad break them came back just for the end credits

Can't remember if it was the US or Aus but I was shocked at the amount of ads compared to here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

The yanks will often show the Simpson’s and immediately start the next episode of a different series for example, the Big Bang theory in the hope that the first few scenes get ya invested in the show and that you stay with it through the adds then after 90 seconds of the episode airs

• Advertisement

I loved ECW Sheamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good job Dana lost weight, because she seemed to land with all her weight on Sasha.

I know when I'm watching tv while talking with a friend, we each stand sideways on either side of the tv.

So much for a surprise Rumble return and such a crappy way of doing it. John Morrison makes his return and that's his first appearance with Cathy being such a great reporter just ignores him and asks for The Miz. While Sheamus and Usos get returns that are better for returns with unexpected run ins.

They really need to stop calling Bray "The Fiend Bray Wyatt". They keep getting mixed up and have called him "Bray Wyatt The Fiend". why not just go the Balor route where The Demon and Balor were treated separately, more or less? Like The Miz is on about getting revenge on the Fiend but he lost to Bray, which is the equivalent of losing to Balor, rather than The Demon IMO.

I notice Sheamus does something rather unusual for a wrestler these days. He kicks without slapping any part of his body.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good job Dana lost weight, because she seemed to land with all her weight on Sasha.
    Becky taught her that.
    I notice Sheamus does something rather unusual for a wrestler these days. He kicks without slapping any part of his body.

Adam Cole and Gargano recoil in disgust.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »

The average for ad breaks in the U.K. is every 15 minutes while in the US it’s every 7 minutes.

Loughc wrote: »
    The average for ad breaks in the U.K. is every 15 minutes while in the US it’s every 7 minutes.

I don't know how they stomach live TV over there. The NFL is something else. Games are contractually obliged to show at least 20 adverts per game.

Imagine a football or GAA match with 20 adverts breaking it up? Hell.

But they seem love adverts over there. They get get very excited about Superbowl ads. Weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Will we get the return of The Dirt Sheet now.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't know how they stomach live TV over there. The NFL is something else. Games are contractually obliged to show at least 20 adverts per game.

Imagine a football or GAA match with 20 adverts breaking it up? Hell.

But they seem love adverts over there. They get get very excited about Superbowl ads. Weirdos.

Not only do they seem to love ads over there but the ads especially to do with medication are nuts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not only do they seem to love ads over there but the ads especially to do with medication are nuts.

Voiceover; So you’ve had a prolapsed bowel try using probowel q to help bring a pep back to your step.

Cut to woman playing tennis. I use probowel q every day and I feel great. /ad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Loughc wrote: »
    Voiceover; So you’ve had a prolapsed bowel try using probowel q to help bring a pep back to your step.

Cut to woman playing tennis. I use probowel q every day and I feel great. /ad

Side effects may include death.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah so I see you've seen Ring of Honor as well

• Advertisement

Was the Kofi and Miz segment the opening one of smackdown or did I miss the Corbain and Ziggler ?

JoMo asking the hard hitting questions.

Btw the Mandy rose and Otis storyline is one of the best things WWE is doing. Also lads two posts for a smackdown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Also lads two posts for a smackdown ?

And both of them were yours :pac:

Omackeral wrote: »
    And both of them were yours :pac:

Takin to myself sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Btw the Mandy rose and Otis storyline is one of the best things WWE is doing. Also lads two posts for a smackdown ?

There's no chance of me staying awake to watch Raw or Smackdown or NXT if I could. I was attempting to watch Raw live over Christmas and ended up falling asleep. I'll catch up with whatever is in any way interesting on YouTube or somewhere. But then I'm getting old :P

Smackdown is the drizzling shìts. Worst it's been for years.

Fiend is a garbage champion who puts on garbage "spectacle" matches.

Midcard champion is miles over the hill and clearly doesn't give a fùck anymore.

Women's scene is terrible with a champion so devoid of personality they need her friend to carry 95% of the feud.

Corbin and two goons. This has been done countless times since 2018.

Otis and Mandy is the only bit of fun on that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It is funny how Smackdown was promoted as 'A' show when got moved to Fox. It kinda of almost gone back to stage where Smackdown is irrelevant compared to Raw.

JoMo and Big E doing some good stuff. John Morrison is so smooth in the ring.

• Advertisement

Starship pain is a visually impressive move but it’s not the best finisher that’s ever been.

Advertisement