Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't care, I'd love for Goldberg to obliterate Wyatt in 30 seconds and win the belt.

I'm with you on that, maybe it's cos I haven't been watching recently but I'm not gone on Wyatt/The Fiend, never was.

Goldberg/Reigns would be an interesting Mania match.

Won't happen though, they want Reigns cheered not booed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

That was a pretty good Smackdown.
    Kinda felt like Naomi/Bayley would be the Mania match so we'll see how they book it till then. Would be happy with a multi-woman match on Smackdown though as it looks like the others will be singles matches.
    Symphony of Destruction was a lot of fun. Nakamura got really banged up by the Piano, pretty sure it was gimmicked but it didn't work for whatever reason.
    Sonya totally sent the text from Mandy's phone and told Ziggler to meet with Mandy. I'm way too invested in this soapy storyline. Mixed tag at Mania I'm guessing, Mandy and Otis vs. Sonya and Dolph. Otis finally gets his kiss.
    Surely, Goldberg isn't going over, right?

As far as the static goes, looks like an email symbol. Anonymous GM coming back or already back the last few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Goldberg/Roman would be a far bigger spectacle and a far better match than Fiend/Roman.

Then next Mania you do the obvious thing the fans long for

The only two guys to beat Goldberg for the title at Mania

Brock vs Roman 3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I am also far too invested in Otis/Mandy my guess is Otis/tucker/Mandy vs sonya/dolph/roode

Then Otis and Mandy have their macho man/Elizabeth moment

Or swerve Sonya/Mandy do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Goldberg/Roman would be a far bigger spectacle and a far better match than Fiend/Roman.

Hahaha stop now, he made a nuts of the spear last night. He doesn't have the quality anymore to carry a match of any length he would tire quick and be a danger to himself and the opponent. The Fiend is unbeaten plus he's the head guy in all the Wrestlemania posters. The Fiend will beat Goldberg, WWE need to stop tapping into the legends lake and put over their current stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I accepted Roman a long time ago but fcuk me, if they did him versus Goldberg the crowd would rightfully destroy it.

That being said they've ****ed up the character of the Fiend at this stage.

I accepted Roman a long time ago but fcuk me, if they did him versus Goldberg the crowd would rightfully destroy it.

That being said they've ****ed up the character of the Fiend at this stage.

Why do you come to that assumption? Not saying you are wrong,just interested in your reasoning?

Why do you come to that assumption? Not saying you are wrong,just interested in your reasoning?

Which point? :pac:

Roman and Goldberg having a month plus build to a match that isn't going to deliver a whole lot is a slap in the face to a roster brimming with talent.

I lost interest in the Fiend after the Rollins debacle. I'd actually just like to see Bray as his Funhouse character wrestle a match and forget about the Fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hahaha stop now, he made a nuts of the spear last night. He doesn't have the quality anymore to carry a match of any length he would tire quick and be a danger to himself and the opponent. The Fiend is unbeaten plus he's the head guy in all the Wrestlemania posters. The Fiend will beat Goldberg, WWE need to stop tapping into the legends lake and put over their current stars.

The Taker mess aside, all of Golderg's matches since his return have been explosive spectacles that have grabbed live crowds. Even a joke match like Ziggler had crowds eating it up.

Wyatt has yet to have one decent singles match in 7+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The Taker mess aside, all of Golderg's matches since his return have been explosive spectacles that have grabbed live crowds. Even a joke match like Ziggler had crowds eating it up.

Well he’s had a few with Bryan but it’s Daniel Bryan

But no I’d much rather Goldberg/roman than bray

Still think it’s a waste of romans ability and really wish it was with Bryan

• Advertisement

Goldberg is an arsehole as well, the type to get sh1tty with the fans if they dare not to like his work.

Goldberg is an arsehole as well, the type to get sh1tty with the fans if they dare not to like his work.

I mean, if we're talking about arseholes; Bray cheated on his wife and mother of kids with Jojo. His wife filed for divorce but Wyatt tried to get an injunction to keep her quiet. He then shacked up with Jojo and his ex-wife had to go back to court to get money from his deadbeat arse for his kids.

Jojo is no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I mean, if we're talking about arseholes; Bray cheated on his wife and mother of kids with Jojo. His wife filed for divorce but Wyatt tried to get an injunction to keep her quiet. He then shacked up with Jojo and his ex-wife had to go back to court to get money from his deadbeat arse for his kids.

Jojo is no better.

That's his personal life and I have no interest in it. From what I've seen of Bray he's been quite the professional even when he's been used badly. Goldberg has many instances of not being a professional even when getting paid ridiculously well for it.

I agree on Goldberg being a big draw but Wyatt might not having wrestling classics he's a huge draw and the stories behind his matches have a much deeper story depth going forward into the future. I'm all for Goldberg v Roman but to take the Universal Title off The Fiend for a 90% retired main roster wrestler is crazy in the extreme. The Fiend has the ability to finally retire The Taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,347 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

TimesArrow wrote: »

Happened twice last night

Saw a few suggestions for what it could be. Ali was one of them

A new gimmick for Jinder Mahel (some kind of cyber attacker)

That Killer Kross guy

The fiend again

I agree on Goldberg being a big draw but Wyatt might not having wrestling classics he's a huge draw and the stories behind his matches have a much deeper story depth going forward into the future. I'm all for Goldberg v Roman but to take the Universal Title off The Fiend for a 90% retired main roster wrestler is crazy in the extreme. The Fiend has the ability to finally retire The Taker.

Retiring Taker wouldn't be a big deal after his big show and dance with laying his gloves and coat down at Mania a few years ago.

Him coming back and shambling around Saudi Arabia like an old drunk every few months has killed a large element of mystique around his retirement. WWE will tell us all that whoever retires him is incredible but it will have zero impact really.

I don't think Wyatt is a draw either. Fans very quickly got sick of his no-selling finishers as The Fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I agree but its not happening, i also agree with your point about Taker above, i said it at the time, he had the perfect send off after leaving the hat and gloves in the ring and they ruined it by bringing him back

I agree but its not happening, i also agree with your point about Taker above, i said it at the time, he had the perfect send off after leaving the hat and gloves in the ring and they ruined it by bringing him back

I'm a huge Taker fan and yes I agree they done him an injustice by not leaving it at that. That's my major gripe with WWE is they run their legends into the ground cause they don't have the creative to carry current stars.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Happened twice last night

Saw a few suggestions for what it could be. Ali was one of them

A new gimmick for Jinder Mahel (some kind of cyber attacker)

That Killer Kross guy

The fiend again
    Sheamus did say in one of his Celtic Warrior Workouts that Jinder is coming back with a new gimmick and he will be huge. You would hope it'll be a wrestler like Jinder or Killer Kross. Ali would be very obvious as the circle in the latest glitch is very like the circle on his glove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'm a huge Taker fan and yes I agree they done him an injustice by not leaving it at that. That's my major gripe with WWE is they run their legends into the ground cause they don't have the creative to carry current stars.

To be fair, he could have said no, he could have said, no thanks lads, that was a perfect way to end it, cant blame it all on them, he's been there long enough to earn him the right

To be fair, he could have said no, he could have said, no thanks lads, that was a perfect way to end it, cant blame it all on them, he's been there long enough to earn him the right

I think he's a WWE man to the core and whatever they need, he delivers. I'm sure when he laid the Hat he wanted to end it like that but he's never had an issue putting over the future stars. He's still able to perform to a certain level but rarely does now unless it's big events to help promote to company. You'd have to respect him due his loyalty as he says in the Broken Skulls interview they believed in him when nobody else did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I could be wrong but I believe that Taker was ready to hang it up and make some money off his persona and career. The appeal of the Saudi paychecks and the massive shows though was too much to turn down, so he's done the big dates.
    More recently he was going to do a live tour and appear at Starrcast and WWE agreed to throw him a bone with more dates and bigger paychecks for limited appearances to prevent him from doing so.

He's making the last big paydays he can get while he can. It's not all on WWE, Undertaker wants to make the money while he can. He's had plenty of opportunities to retire and at this point the perfect retirement is long past gone. I can't hold it against the guy for making money while he can, he's put the work in for years and it is what it is at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Who is Killer Kross?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Who is Killer Kross?

Another overrated indie darling.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,347 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sheamus did say in one of his Celtic Warrior Workouts that Jinder is coming back with a new gimmick and he will be huge. You would hope it'll be a wrestler like Jinder or Killer Kross. Ali would be very obvious as the circle in the latest glitch is very like the circle on his glove.

Hope it's not Ali as they already tried to push up with that street hero type gimmick that went nowhere

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hope it's not Ali as they already tried to push up with that street hero type gimmick that went nowhere

I think Ali heel turn wouldn't be a bad thing or maybe a tag team run with someone as he's talented but kinda lost in his current character.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lacey said she's going to be in a chamber match. So we have 3 or 4 Chamber matches? I expected 1 per brand, but Sheamus said he was in one as well. Then the Raw women's match has already been set.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Lacey said she's going to be in a chamber match. So we have 3 or 4 Chamber matches? I expected 1 per brand, but Sheamus said he was in one as well. Then the Raw women's match has already been set.

2 chambers matches. One to determine who will fight the Fiend and one to determine who will fight Becky.

Roman and Baszler win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,076 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Confirmed? Because Lacey isn't in that match

Advertisement