Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well yeah you could tell mickie wasn't in it the other weeks. Alexa was/is called baby trish.

Mickie is somewhat more erm..fuller figured..than the previous Luchadora. I think it was definitely Deonna Purrazzo under the mask on both previous occasions judging by photo comparisons. She's got quite a sallow complexion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder how many people were annoyed.
    "Oh great here's Nikki. No interest in her and Natalya so think I'll use these boring 10 or 15 mins to get some merchandise" "Cool, I'm near the front of the queue... Ah for feck's sake, why did they have to come out here?"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

this weeks SD preview
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2017-01-24

Sky Sports 5 1am

So will this have the everyone in the ring throwing people out bit?

So is Luke Harper out of the Wyatt family now or did he simply get a bit of a spanking off Bray and he will be with him/Randy Orton at the rumble and the next SD ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So is Luke Harper out of the Wyatt family now or did he simply get a bit of a spanking off Bray and he will be with him/Randy Orton at the rumble and the next SD ???

Tough love as Otunga put it I think.

It's amazing that even though this is what, the fourth time Cena and AJ are facing, that they still have such great chemistry. It actually has the feel of a big match fight. Makes Reigns and Owens look painfully small time.

Mickie cut a great promo, I could buy where she was coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    It's amazing that even though this is what, the fourth time Cena and AJ are facing, that they still have such great chemistry. It actually has the feel of a big match fight. Makes Reigns and Owens look painfully small time.

They have had those matches since last Summer whereas Owens & Reigns have been feuding every single f**king week on Raw in a variety of increasingly uncreative ways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I always enjoy AJ Styles and John Cena work shooting with each other every week.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Plus the fact there was no altercation between them it means its still not 100% who is gonna win

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a good show.

The Cena stuff I find quite strange. While I do enjoy Cena's new shtick of trolling his haters by pointing out he's a huge star and no is on his level (which is pretty much accurate), from a storyline point of view it makes little sense for him to be so sure he will defeat Styles when up to now Styles had had the upper hand over him.

I don't get the sense a Smackdown guy is winning the Rumble. Taker might, but his last 2 appearances have been on Raw so I'm not sure he counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought it was a good show.

The Cena stuff I find quite strange. While I do enjoy Cena's new shtick of trolling his haters by pointing out he's a huge star and no is on his level (which is pretty much accurate), from a storyline point of view it makes little sense for him to be so sure he will defeat Styles when up to now Styles had had the upper hand over him.

I don't get the sense a Smackdown guy is winning the Rumble. Taker might, but his last 2 appearances have been on Raw so I'm not sure he counts.

I would say it's the deluded veteran who can't accept the the young gun taking over but Cena is only a month older than AJ!

The story still kind of fits though, Cena has ruled for over a decade and now a new guy has come in who has his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

J. Marston wrote: »
    I would say it's the deluded veteran who can't accept the the young gun taking over but Cena is only a month older than AJ!

The story still kind of fits though, Cena has ruled for over a decade and now a new guy has come in who has his number.

But Cena's promo was all about 'you're not on my level, you're a level below me.' And he said Style was 'just a guy'.

I'm watching it going, 'mate, he has won the last matches between the two of you.' :pac:

If it was a heel saying it, fair enough; you could say it's just a heel being deluded. But the fact Cena's meant to be a babyface makes it pretty whacky.

Then again maybe Styles will win again and the story will be that Cena didn't respect him enough so perhaps I should wait until Sunday before criticizing it.

I'm confused. They have a short opening segment setting up the main event and a big match all within the first 15 mins? How is this possible?
    Only time Raw seems to have a big match opening the show in the first few minutes is if it's going to be thrown out and end up as the main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Enjoy it while you can, looks like HHH's good buddy Road Dogg has been promoted to head writer over Ryan Ward. RIP Smackdown Live.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Enjoy it while you can, looks like HHH's good buddy Road Dogg has been promoted to head writer over Ryan Ward. RIP Smackdown Live.

What happened to Ward? Thats a massive bummer :( Had Dogg any experience writing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What happened to Ward? Thats a massive bummer :( Had Dogg any experience writing?

Maybe writing down HHH's coffee orders, that's about it. He's publicly stated that in wrestling, wins and losses don't matter, that fans were idiots and that WWE were the ones that got Daniel Bryan over by having him lose every week.

The future is bleak. This is WORSE than Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Ward is still on the writing team apparently but Dogg got a "corporate promotion" as per Dave Meltzer and now gets to be the one to have his ideas shot down, sorry I mean considered by, Vince every week. Dogg is obviously a HHH guy though.

I thought HHH was writing this show? :p:p:P

Ellsworth's shopping segment was so bad I wish they didn't air it for his own sake. A real go home show with nothing essential, the battle royal and lumberjack match showed how shallow the talent pool is.
    Weird seeing Ziggler win that quick it meant Kalisto look bad. Cena's character is like his tedious girlfriend, utterly unlikeable. He took a dump on AJ who sat there looking like an idiot as Cena said he wasn't even on the level below him after we saw that Rumble poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

FRom what meltzer said it sounds like nothing has really changed in terms of the team on smackdown more road dogg got a new title and ward is still the head writer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Why do you assume Roadie will do a bad job?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why do you assume Roadie will do a bad job?

Because to quote Jerichoholic earlier,

"He's publicly stated that in wrestling, wins and losses don't matter, that fans were idiots and that WWE were the ones that got Daniel Bryan over by having him lose every week."

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

smackdown-live-banner.jpg

The 16-time World Champ is here!
    At Royal Rumble, John Cena overcame AJ Styles in an incredible matchup to become a 16-time World Champion – tying the record set by WWE Hall of Famer “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair.

Tonight, The Champ will return to SmackDown LIVE, and questions are already emerging. For instance, although we now know The Cenation Leader will be defending the title inside the Elimination Chamber on Feb. 12, who will his five opponents be? Will Styles get his one-on-one rematch prior to that career-altering contest? And after winning the Royal Rumble Match, is Randy Orton destined to battle Cena at WrestleMania?

Is Luke Harper coming after the 2017 Royal Rumble Match winner Randy Orton?
    Just because Orton overcame 29 other Superstars to earn his opportunity to headline WrestleMania, that doesn’t mean he has a clear path to the WWE Title just yet. After all, The Road to WrestleMania can be extremely hazardous, especially when someone is out to get retribution on you.

Perhaps the biggest obstacle for The Viper right now is Luke Harper. After weeks of friction between Orton and Harper, Bray Wyatt delivered Sister Abigail to his dreaded disciple last week. In response, Harper came after The New Face of Fear in the Royal Rumble Match and sent a clear message that he will be gunning for the entire Wyatt Family moving forward.

So, it is safe to say that before WWE’s Apex Predator can step onto The Grandest Stage of Them All, he is going to have to step into the darkness to settle his family affairs.

Naomi & Becky Lynch set to go to war against Alexa Bliss & Mickie James
    On the Royal Rumble Kickoff, all of SmackDown LIVE’s heated Women’s division rivalries converged in the ring at the same time, with Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch & Naomi taking on Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss, Natalya & Mickie James.

Of all that talent, Naomi was someone who stood out in the whirlwind contest. After recently returning to Team Blue, the neon-clad Superstar not only made a strong statement against all three of her opponents, but she ultimately pinned the WWE Women’s Champion.

What will be the fallout of Naomi’s huge victory when she & Becky go head-to-head against Alexa & Mickie tonight?

Who is coming after Dean Ambrose’s Intercontinental Championship?
    As The Road to WrestleMania heats up, it is always exciting to see which Superstars will look to seize a golden opportunity at The Showcase of the Immortals. While the future of the WWE Title will surely be determined inside the Elimination Chamber, and one of the many female competitors mentioned above could step in to attempt and dethrone Alexa Bliss, the contention for SmackDown LIVE’s other two titles are very much up for grabs.

Case in point: Dean Ambrose overcame former titleholder The Miz in a Lumberjack Match one week ago. Will this take the A-Lister out of contention? What about a Superstar like Baron Corbin, who made his presence known in the Royal Rumble Match by eliminating Braun Strowman? Could Dolph Ziggler use his new aggression to try to knock off The Lunatic Fringe? Dare we mention … James Ellsworth, who is no stranger to Ambrose?

Also, consider that SmackDown Tag Team Champions American Alpha dispensed of former champions The Wyatt Family in their title rematch two weeks ago. With Randy Orton turning his attention to WrestleMania’s main event, it is a strong bet that the field is now wide open for new No. 1 contenders. But who will it be? The Usos? The Ascension? The Vaudevillains? Perhaps close cohorts Kalisto & Apollo Crews will look to throw their hats (and masks) into play? Find out who jumps in to fill the void, tonight

Usual channel, usual time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

JBL is poison. Completely buried the jobber and hyjacked the match with his vitriol. Just piss off and retire you bloviating gob****e.

When did American alpha become heels ??

Thought the open challenge would result in The Revival arriving.

What better way to promote Mania than have the possible main event take place on next week's Smackdown. Guess that really means Cena's dropping at EC.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Neil3030 wrote: »
    JBL is poison. Completely buried the jobber and hyjacked the match with his vitriol. Just piss off and retire you bloviating gob****e.

I got the feeling Mauro tried to shut him down when he JBL was ranting about her blue hair Mauro just said The Blue Meanie and John shut up after that.

There was no need for him to do that but you could see the real bully JBL leaking out with that rant.

That was the weakest Smackdown since the split for me.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Thought the open challenge would result in The Revival arriving.

What better way to promote Mania than have the possible main event take place on next week's Smackdown. Guess that really means Cena's dropping at EC.

watching that tag team segment it really shows how bad the SD tag team division is. Alpha/Usos are ok, Rhyno/Slater acceptable but the The Ascension (theme music is good though), Vaudvillans and Breezdango are all big wastes

Wasant there a rumour a few months ago that when Shelton Benjamin returns that himself, Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger (if he is still even a part of the company) will form a stable

The Revival could take SD like a storm, hopefully they dont turn out like The Ascension and Vaidvillans have since they moved from NXT to the main roster

The Ascension and Vaudevillains were okay in NXT but were never even close to the standard of American Alpha, DIY or The Revival. I'm just happy that they seem to have remembered they have American Alpha as champs. Having all those teams come out was stupid. Would've been better if they just had Asecension, Vaudvillains and/or Breezango come out over the next couple weeks, then Usos or Slater/Rhyno answer at EC.

Bray and Randy got marginally more of a reaction than Ellsworth & Carmella. In both cases I thought the volume was going on my TV :pac:

• Advertisement

Surprised Luke Harper isn't in the Chamber. I assume that means he's fighting Orton.
    And Naomi gets a title match against Alexa after pinning her.

Advertisement