Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It was an enjoyable episode. Even Cole seemed to be enjoying himself more as well.

"Didn't see Asuka come through the crowd. She blended in"

At least HHH pointed out they didn't need Mojo to confirm the news.

They'll really need to be careful calling moves as we're able to hear a lot.

Was thinking they could have some of the ones training at the PC in the seats. Could be a way to have a couple surprise matches

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought that was a fascinating show.

Most interesting was how no one....had to cut promos.....waiting for the crowd.....to react in between.....every forth word.

I don't think the Triple H Comedy show will work on every show, but it worked for that one. I can see a few "clinics" being put on too, letting minimal people cover the most time possible. And without having to pander to crowds, it might give them more room to try weird stuff (I half expected them to have Bray turn into the Fiend at the end by cutting to a pre-taped bit).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I liked the promos last night, it felt like real people talking to each other and not the usual scripted crap, nobody talks like they promo "I will beat you at WWE ELIMINATION CHAMBER STREAMING LIVE FROM THE WWE NETWORK, and I'm walking out the WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION ON SUNDAY MARCH 3RD"

If this keeps up, what will New Day do with all their pancakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If this keeps up, what will New Day do with all their pancakes?

e89ccf2cc6cd6f2ffb31a4a086d91fb9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I thought that was a fascinating show.

Most interesting was how no one....had to cut promos.....waiting for the crowd.....to react in between.....every forth word.

I don't think the Triple H Comedy show will work on every show, but it worked for that one. I can see a few "clinics" being put on too, letting minimal people cover the most time possible. And without having to pander to crowds, it might give them more room to try weird stuff (I half expected them to have Bray turn into the Fiend at the end by cutting to a pre-taped bit).

I'd say that was a one off given the show was probably thrown together at the last minute. It's probably why the women didn't wrestle during the break but Bryan and Cesaro did as those lads could probably put on a match blindfolded. Or they just had the lads wrestle during the break after seeing the break for the women's match shown live.

Think they'll have to tape three one hour bits and make it into one show for Raw and two one hour bits for NXT and Smackdown. Keeps the number of personal to a minimum at any one hour rather than have everyone show up to do a live show.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Even with the other three active major Americans sports off the air, smackdown did 2.5 million viewers. You'd think with no or little live sport on air WWE couldn't even get a significant rating above where they normally are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I just wonder will they have to fix their cadence in their promos or will they still pause for crowd reaction like is bet into them :pac:

Answered and then some :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is painful, I'm out. The novelty of no audience wore off after 20 minutes last week. I admire their willingness to provide a distraction for people but Mania is this setting is depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gronk is the drizzling ****s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Rob Gronkowski looks like the type to think social distancing is ruining his good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Painful

Gonk makes Corbin look even worse and trying to make Mojo Rawley a thing again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

If there's one match that won't suffer this Wrestlemania it has to be Elias vs. Corbin.

Guessing there'd be the same level of noise regardless, silent indifference.

Won't be able watching WWE for a bit due to cancelling bt sport in light of the current situation. I'm keeping the network and fully intend to get bt sport back but at the moments it's a no.

These flashbacks are a thing now

Tonight's edition is Cena vs Bray Wyatt from mania 30 (jesus how was that 6 years ago)

So whatever Bray Wyatt done after mania 30 up until the fiend appeared was half arsed and doesn't matter then

Cena winning at mania will mean he destroyed the fiend character too

Another talk show segment jesus they really must have small crews each time

Ooh intense

This match is going to be a ****ing disaster I think

Roman if goldberg didnt earn his title win then how did u earn to be number 1 contender

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gronk and Mojo US college pisshead frat boys that never grew up will be the most annoying thing ever in wrestling and that is saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Gronk and Mojo US college pisshead frat boys that never grew up will be the most annoying thing ever in wrestling and that is saying something.

Gronk doing that dance was enough for me to turn off the video. Vince is imploding before our eyes.

• Advertisement

This is a time when they benefitted from not having an audience. Gronk would've been booed if he even got a reaction at all.
    Remember the whole broody Mojo, then the 24/7 serious challenger Mojo?
    Actually, remember the 24/7 title?
    Come to think of it, thought Mojo was signed to Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

From my casual watching of NFL, Gronk was one of the best players on the most hated/successful teams so I imagine he will be shat on everywhere besides Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    From my casual watching of NFL, Gronk was one of the best players on the most hated/successful teams so I imagine he will be shat on everywhere besides Boston.

Plus with Mojo as his hype man you would think they were actually presenting him as a heel. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I dont hate Gronk, but the guy should not be positioned as a likeable face.

Hes charismatic and he can talk, and seems to be delighted to be there unlike some celebs. I know nothing of him beyond wrestling. When I saw him last night, the cocky entrance, the alignment with Mojo I think hes a natural annoying asshole and his ability to talk, hed make a great fit for a heel.

Have him as a host, have him be obnoxious and loud....... have him get into it with a face, say Cena, Bryan, Kofi.

Well at least this mania gronk won't be stopped by security now. Haha.

For some reason looking forward to the episode tonight

I knw nothing will happen but its something new

Any guess as to which PPV match they use in this episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus how the **** is Tamina still employed. I honestly can't remember one thing shes ever done in her entire career.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Any guess as to which PPV match they use in this episode?
    Am I dreaming or are they going to show Roman vs HHH?
    A match that was long, boring and booed out of the building.

• Advertisement

Too big for one night

Yeah wwe Coronavirus/government rightly ****ed you up

Advertisement