Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They are so in need to fill time they have actually let Elias sing a full song without interruption till after he had finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They are so in need to fill time they have actually let Elias sing a full song without interruption till after he had finished.

And now he will be out with an injury

Thay podium has got some use the last few weeks

Michael Cole a local medical facility would not be taking a beaten up wrestler right now not when the world is in middle of a serious pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Michael Cole a local medical facility would not be taking a beaten up wrestler right now not when the world is in middle of a serious pandemic.

If they had a serious injury they would

Why am I defending Cole?

Not watching this match again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I know they gotta advertise their current stars but a Hardyz/E&C/Dudleys TLC match would be far more entertaining.

A firefly Funhouse match

This mania will go down in the ages

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why am I defending Cole?

How could anyone defend a person who doesn't want a hug from Nikki?

Did Dolph say something to Sonya like "It's going like we planned?"

I know they have to make matches interesting, but I think a ladder match isn't worth it. It's high risk and unless there's a cool/dangerous spot or 2 it won't stand out. And those spots just wouldn't be the same without a live crowd so pointless doing them.

I forgot there was a year where they just called it "Wrestlemania", outside the first year

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How could anyone defend a person who doesn't want a hug from Nikki?

Did Dolph say something to Sonya like "It's going like we planned?"

I know they have to make matches interesting, but I think a ladder match isn't worth it. It's high risk and unless there's a cool/dangerous spot or 2 it won't stand out. And those spots just wouldn't be the same without a live crowd so pointless doing them.

I forgot there was a year where they just called it "Wrestlemania", outside the first year

Wrestlemania 2000 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »

Wonder how they filmed that ???

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

The longer they keep ploughing on pretending nothing is happening in the real world, the worse the whole company looks. On Meltzers show, he was on about how Vince isn’t great at coping with pressure and can’t handle how the real world interferes with his fake one.. the empty arena shows are painful to watch and I can’t imagine any of the talent want to be performing in this situation. Why can’t they just hold off on Mania. Pure stubbornness from Vince and the whole “show must go on” mentality. After all, this is a man who carried on a show when one of his own guys died in the ring. In years to come, wwe will probably produce some self congratulatory revisionist special that they were the only sporting company to not back down to the virus and put smiles on the people’s faces.. the fact it appears Roman had to tell them he wanted out of mania is a disgrace and shouldn’t have been put in his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

TimesArrow wrote: »
    The longer they keep ploughing on pretending nothing is happening in the real world, the worse the whole company looks. On Meltzers show, he was on about how Vince isn’t great at coping with pressure and can’t handle how the real world interferes with his fake one.. the empty arena shows are painful to watch and I can’t imagine any of the talent want to be performing in this situation. Why can’t they just hold off on Mania. Pure stubbornness from Vince and the whole “show must go on” mentality. After all, this is a man who carried on a show when one of his own guys died in the ring. In years to come, wwe will probably produce some self congratulatory revisionist special that they were the only sporting company to not back down to the virus and put smiles on the people’s faces.. the fact it appears Roman had to tell them he wanted out of mania is a disgrace and shouldn’t have been put in his hands.

UFC President Dana White said he's trying to build the biggest card ever for April 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Dana is as bad as Vince the way he's carrying on. Tbf he did say WWE would be revisionist meaning they will lie and reframe things a bit. As they always do and I agree that this is exactly the narrative they will push in the years to come.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ThePott wrote: »
    Dana is as bad as Vince the way he's carrying on. Tbf he did say WWE would be revisionist meaning they will lie and reframe things a bit. As they always do and I agree that this is exactly the narrative they will push in the years to come.

Dana constantly credits WWE’s PPV model for how UFC model itself. That says it all really.

I wonder what the repeat will be tonight???

I'll watch YouTube when that's on

Usos and new day kicking off the show wonderful

showing Ric Flairs last match at mania vs HBK

Great sendoff for Flair who then went to TNA and came out of retirement

Ffs wwe

Those mystery glitches were all for the Mandy/Ottis/Ziggler thing

That cena/fiend thing was actually decent

• Advertisement

So they actually just changed it without even talking about roman that’s stupid even for wwe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ffs wwe

Those mystery glitches were all for the Mandy/Ottis/Ziggler thing

Id say its going to be a background figure kinda like Sami Callihans nxt persona not just limited to that storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Haven't followed WWE in ages but did they really just change from Reigns to Strowman with no explanation? That's so lazy even for them. Didn't HHH say that Reigns WM story would be told in a unique way?

Was trying to get anyway enthusiastic to watch the show but it's difficult when WWE clearly don't give a **** themselves.

If they came out on Smackdown last night and told the truth and said due to Roman’s history of cancer he decided for his own well-being not to take park in this years WM that in itself would have been a great message from Roman and the WWE about how to deal with the seriousness of this pandemic.

But no it’s the WWE just ignore the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PTH2009 wrote: »
    showing Ric Flairs last match at mania vs HBK

Great sendoff for Flair who then went to TNA and came out of retirement

But in wwe land, he retired and never went to TNA.

It's not laziness, it's calculated greed.

They were still advertising Goldberg/Roman on Raw even though it was confirmed he was off the show. Then one day before the show they throw in the match change and quickly move on.

Roman is the most popular guy they have and they need every draw they can get but they leave it until the final second to tell fans he won't be at Mania.

Vince is a greasy fùcker.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't mind the glitches being for the Otis/Mandy storyline. It is the best storyline they have at the minute.
    But as was said it's likely this is a device they'll use to move multiple storylines along.

I find the way they did the Braun thing stupid. Not sure when Roman decided not to do it. May have been after the Raw tapings, but then they could at least have Braun come out and say something. A major title shot at Mania with no background is not good. Though I'm curious how they handle the video package before the match and on the preshow. Maybe they'll have an interview with Braun or Roman on the preshow. It'll be even worse if that's to be the main event for one of the nights.

Cena is looking more and more like Ernest P. Worrell, especially with the cap.

Tamina really does not look like she cares about being there as much as we care about her being there.
    When Cole suggested Bayley could be eliminated early it had me thinking do people prefer champions to be eliminated early in these kinds of matches or be involved in the final decision? I think I prefer the champ to be in til the end. But knowing there will definitely be a new champion can also be good.
    Wonder why Carmella isn't in the match.

Oh and nice catsuit on Sasha.

I really don’t know why not just have roman tell truth in a promo say he’s picking Braun as his replacement as he doesn’t want no part timer getting his spot least plays in with what he’s been saying in promos

sky88 wrote: »
    I really don’t know why not just have roman tell truth in a promo say he’s picking Braun as his replacement as he doesn’t want no part timer getting his spot least plays in with what he’s been saying in promos

I bet Vince thinks it would make Roman look weak. Also, Covid doesn't seem to exist in the WWE-verse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't mind the glitches being for the Otis/Mandy storyline. It is the best storyline they have at the minute.
    But as was said it's likely this is a device they'll use to move multiple storylines along.

I find the way they did the Braun thing stupid. Not sure when Roman decided not to do it. May have been after the Raw tapings, but then they could at least have Braun come out and say something. A major title shot at Mania with no background is not good. Though I'm curious how they handle the video package before the match and on the preshow. Maybe they'll have an interview with Braun or Roman on the preshow. It'll be even worse if that's to be the main event for one of the nights.

Cena is looking more and more like Ernest P. Worrell, especially with the cap.

Tamina really does not look like she cares about being there as much as we care about her being there.
    When Cole suggested Bayley could be eliminated early it had me thinking do people prefer champions to be eliminated early in these kinds of matches or be involved in the final decision? I think I prefer the champ to be in til the end. But knowing there will definitely be a new champion can also be good.
    Wonder why Carmella isn't in the match.

Oh and nice catsuit on Sasha.

I can't unsee that comparison now :pac:

Advertisement