Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    If he lost the Universal title would that make him the shortest reigning combined reign of tag, intercontinental and Universal champion?

Well it'll be just over a month for the universal title, did he give up the tag belts the next day ? If he did than that's a day, and I can't remember how long he was IC Champ(which probably says it all) so probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking at wiki, I forgot he won the tag titles with Seth as well. So for all 4 title reigns combined it's about 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Monokne

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He was never planned to win it. For whatever reason, they've never shown much desire to run with him. But the fact is Bray only lost the title so they could do Goldberg vs Roman, and then Roman stayed home (for good reason).

If the virus hadn't disrupted plans, I'd imagine Roman won the title at Mania, and him and Bray would have gone into a few months worth of a program. I reckon they put the title back on Bray though, and start building him up for whenever Roman comes back.

He is an attraction type. He is terrible as champion. Just not at all suited to that role. Flipping cars, yes, beating challengers, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The first night of Mr Money In The Bank Ottis What will he do ?

What match will we get for the Tag championship rivalry this week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,387 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sami loses the IC title but Lesnar able to hold the world title with little defence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sami loses the IC title but Lesnar able to hold the world title with little defence

That's cause we'd know Lesnar would eventually make an appearance with the Championship, whereas with Sami and real life circumstances we don't know when he'll come back, though it does set up a great story line for whoever becomes the next Intercontinental Champion, and assuming Sami does come back when life goes back to normal, whatever normal maybe in a post-Covid-19 world.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That's cause we'd know Lesnar would eventually make an appearance with the Championship, whereas with Sami and real life circumstances we don't know when he'll come back, though it does set up a great story line for whoever becomes the next Intercontinental Champion, and assuming Sami does come back when life goes back to normal, whatever normal maybe in a post-Covid-19 world.

I respect him for putting himself and his health first, I hope when he does return his "push" continues

Lesnar made very rare appearances and little title defences while champ

Era of the KIC (King Intercontinental Champion)?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Era of the KIC (King Intercontinental Champion)?

King Corbin IC champion Vince a s Triple H would like that

Can see some sort of tournament taking place over the next few weeks. Kills some time and provides weekly content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Otis is the best thing in wrestling today

• Advertisement

tournament to crown new IC champion

1st Round
    King Corbin vs Elias
    Daniel Bryan vs Drew Gulak

Jeff Hardy vs Sheamus
    AJ Styles (Raw) vs Nakamura

PTH2009 wrote: »
    tournament to crown new IC champion

1st Round
    King Corbin vs Elias
    Daniel Bryan vs Drew Gulak

Jeff Hardy vs Sheamus
    AJ Styles (Raw) vs Nakamura

AJ from Raw but no Cesaro from SD

AJ from Raw but no Cesaro from SD

yeah

Cesaro should really leave and go elsewhere, could potentially be a star

does Ottis not have a partner in Tucker ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    does Ottis not have a partner in Tucker ??

Yes thought so too

I'm guessing Braun to partner Otis and Bray will interfere with Bray and Miz history forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Charlotte is really leaning into the internet hate for her. She's right too, she get ridiculous stick.

always thought Styles won the IC title before

At least Corbin is out of the running

Bryan vs Gulak could be a decent match

Really good promo from Sonya deville from last night. She can be a star in WWE and so can Mandy if WWE can see the talent in them. Instead of pushing charlotte to the moon again elevate more talent that you have.

So they said the invitational is 4 times a year. Now to see they bend those rules. Like is Charlotte on Smackdown 1 and Corbin on Raw 2? Does Charlotte's appearance next week count as well or is that part of the same deal? And wasn't Corbin interviewed on Raw? Does that mean it only includes matches?
    Speaking of Charlotte, it's weird the NXT champion representing Raw on Smackdown.

They always build up the IC title on commentary but I think The Miz was the last one to actually make it mean anything.
    After building the Sheamus/Jeff feud, it seems pointless having that match as part of the tournament.
    Corey seemed to just stop his usual heel persona, bad mouthing anyone and just enjoyed the Bryan/Gulak match as a fan.

When are we going to get something else from that hacker? Maybe he'll be the final straw for Sasha/Bayley?

And I remember saying before that Sonya needs to be given a chance so good to see she's being given more to do

The hacker reveal is going to be disappointment

Whoever it/they are will get a few weeks push and then fade away

• Advertisement

Why would Ali who supposbly is a friendly guy now suddnely become some creeping stalker ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Really good promo from Sonya deville from last night. She can be a star in WWE and so can Mandy if WWE can see the talent in them. Instead of pushing charlotte to the moon again elevate more talent that you have.

Charlotte is used now just to build Sasha vs. Bayley but which one is going face ultimately?

It's shame Lacey still won't get the title, plenty others too like Sonya and Mandy whose storyline wasn't or isn't dull and boring are not in the title hunt

Charlotte is used now just to build Sasha vs. Bayley but which one is going face ultimately?

It's shame Lacey still won't get the title, plenty others too like Sonya and Mandy whose storyline wasn't or isn't dull and boring are not in the title hunt

Build Sasha and Bayley ? That storyline is like that cathedral in Barcelona it seems its never be finished. It must be a good couple of years now it's been will they or won't they with these two. **** or get off the pot wwe. And I like Bayley but I've no mass in Sasha banks. I've said it before I just don't get her whole shtick.

I fear WWE will drop the ball on Lacey. I hope I'm wrong but WWE have proven us right in how bad they can mess up superstars with huge potential.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2020-05-22

Actually looks a decent episode tonight

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Charlotte on every show again this week,oh what did we do to deserve that :pac::pac: . Im guessing she will beat Bayley anyways

When will crowds be allowed back???

I wonder will they do a few shows in the performance centre with a live crowd before they go back on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When did Morrison get good on the mic? He's actually funny. That Rollins line was great.

Once a dream match

Still cool to see these 2 in the ring together

• Advertisement

Styles wins and is now part of the SD roster with Raw getting 'future considerations'

Advertisement