Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mandy Rose ****ing hell

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're really going all in on this "Greatest wrestling match ever" thing. Find it funny it flashed up during a promo for a match featuring Nia Jax.
    I can only assume they're really referring to the IC title match.

I'm still trying to figure out if Morrison is meant to be the "too far" guy with Miz there to reel him in or if he just says these things without thinking.

Speaking of that Nia match, after facing the Smackdown champion, the NXT champion now gets a chance for the Raw title? I know she's signed to Raw, but give someone else a chance. I assume Nattie takes the pin from Nia

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When will crowds be allowed back???

I wonder will they do a few shows in the performance centre with a live crowd before they go back on the road

Short answer, no one knows when crowds will be allowed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It'll be like going in rewind from how they got to this point really.

We'll carry on with shows behind closed doors.

Eventually there'll be shows in front of a few dozen people.

Eventually shows at live arenas with reduced capacity.

Eventually shows back to "normal".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just watching the replay on BT.
    Bailey has quite the rump... Or ba-donk-a-donk as Basista said haha.

• Advertisement

Jeff Hardy vs Daniel Bryan tonight

Is this the first time ?

Google says they've fought before

It would be fairly meh if Elias was in the final. Daniel Bryan or Jeff Hardy vs AJ Styles is a real money match

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lost almost all interest in Smackdown. Miz and Morrison, and it's mostly Morrison, are the saving grace of that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,900 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lost almost all interest in Smackdown. Miz and Morrison, and it's mostly Morrison, are the saving grace of that show.

Well if you're lost interest in smackdown J then head to the Leaba.

• Advertisement

ohhh Elias knocked down and it was Jeff Hardys car and now Jeff has been found after been attacked

what an odd start

Acting was top class :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,387 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ohhh Elias knocked down and it was Jeff Hardys car and now Jeff has been found after been attacked

Rikiski did it for The Rock :p

Id say its either Bray Wyatt or the hacker (bit rich from Ali been a former cop)

Riddle joining the SD roster

Hard to knw will he be a main eventer or just another guy fluctuating between top-mid-lower card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

He has massive potential to be a main eventer but that promo package didn't inspire confidence that line about doing it all without shoes was absolute cringe. The Hardy angle also seems pretty tasteless but makes for an interesting story unless it's Sheamus which is just way too obvious, I'm conflicted on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

That's there's not more people on here banging on this putrid Jeff Hardy angle tells you not a lot of people on here seem to watch the weekly shows.

I had high, high hopes for Riddle on the main roster but that intro vignette dashed them all.

"It's kinda ironic that my name is Riddle because I'm a tough dude to figure out."

"I've done it all.....without wearing shoes!"

Why can't they hire a writer in their 20s?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will they be rehasing the Hawk story line with Jeff and making light of Jeff's real life issues.

So will they be rehasing the Hawk story line with Jeff and making light of Jeff's real life issues.

Sounding like Jeff was hijacked by someone (imo either Bray Wyatt or the hacker) and Elias was in the wrong place at the wrong time

'He smells like the bottles in the car'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ehh is it not obvious it was Sheamus that done it

paulie21 wrote: »

possible but maybe he didnt and Jeff just wanted to attack him for his dickish ways ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭The White Feather

That was a very enjoyable Smackdown. Finally they had a story running through the show. Not crazy about Jeffs real life issues being used but they did it well and had at least "something is happening vibe"

Then backstage bickering that led to the Battle Royal.Lacey and Sonya had a good match but then that moment of bliss segment was awful and then led to another female match.

Great match between Shorty G and Cesaro with Otis/Mandy vignettes after it.

Then Sheamus v Bryan. I think I could watch them fight all day. They both work so well together. I love their matches! Jeff coming out at the end was nice too. Hopefully this leads on though. WWE have a great show here and there and then goes back to awful so we have to wait and see.

Looking forward to seeing Riddle on the main roster. I was a fan of his in the UFC and its great to see him come so far. Hopefully goes a lot further now

Who was it that was making the decisions in the back at the beginning?
    Shamus is a suspect due to it being Jeff, but then Elias being injured could mean it's AJ or Corbin.
    Didn't think cops would wear elbow pads like that.

Lacey/Sonya was a good match and I was wondering how they would end it in a way both looked good. I will say the clasp in Lacey's top is working hard and also draws attention.

I was hoping his time off TV would've meant they forgot to use the Shorty G name. No such luck. But good to see him getting a match like that.

The opening also worked for Bryan's and AJ's characters.

Noticed the Shad and Hana armbands.

Kurt reading from the teleprompter was weird but hope Riddle does well

• Registered Users Posts: 86,387 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

paulie21 wrote: »

Yes think it is him

Found it funny that after the opening with the car accident, the show was sponsored by Progressive car insurance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I’m guessing the hacker will reveal who was really behind the Jeff Hardy/ Elias incident after a few weeks with cam footage.

And even though Jeff Hardy was arrested, the real culprit will get away with just having a match or 2

I imagine the investigation will start tonight

• Advertisement

I imagine the investigation will start tonight

Only two men can get to bottom of this...

f765db16406c5c49-600x338.jpg

Advertisement