Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fiend/Alexa doing a Joker/Harley Quinn thing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fiend/Alexa doing a Joker/Harley Quinn thing?
    idBaSUM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I like Bray however at this stage with so may attempts to try and get him over i just get a Bastion Booger vibe from him and Booger was better in ring as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Overall, really good Smackdown with some interesting angles being set-up.

Metalik and Styles was good.
    Shorty G is a heel and is teaming up with the guy who insulted him for money, okay then.
    The Sonya/Mandy beatdown was excellent, just looked violent and interested in seeing where that story goes. Seen a suggestion of a hair match at Summerslam. Great work by both of them though, got a real reaction out of me.
    Big E as a singles, I'm here for, guessing he's gonna move onto Styles for the IC title.
    Not sure about the Alexa/Fiend stuff. First of all there you go, Bliss is a bigger badass than Seth, she screamed a lot less. Can go a few ways with this. Using her in the Sister Abigail role or using her to revive Braun in some way. It's got me interested but not confident that we're going to get a good story out of it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Big E needs to start acting more serious if he wants to be taken seriously as a singles competitor. Like imagine if he got a title shot and rolled down the ramp for that match?
    Expected Asuka to attack Bayley after the match.

Someone needs to explain to Shorty G that he was watching the monitor all wrong. No one watches tv by standing in front of it, looking directly at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Delighted they have found a spot for Shorty G even if its just Corbins lacky. Guy is talented and a great worker.

The WWE have been trying to get Wyatt over for 9 years now.

When he was getting over organically they put a stop to it because he was getting himself over.

Every time since then they try to reboot and force him to the top it fails or they cancel it and try to reboot it a couple of months later.

I'm done being interested in him now 9 years and he hasn't got over it's time to stop.

Bliss will come out of this whole angle as the star not Bray who is just a gimmick or Braun who is just big simple because she has IT and the other two don't.

AJ vs Metalik was good actully very good.

Sonya Deville could be a huge star however I again don't have faith in WWE creative to make her one.

Big E needs to be a killer and if he was everyone will buy it again WWE creative will blow it.

Hopefully Gable is making some money at sidekick laughing stock role.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Big E needs to start acting more serious if he wants to be taken seriously as a singles competitor. Like imagine if he got a title shot and rolled down the ramp for that match?

I'd agree to an extent, but I hope they don't neuter him in the process. The lovable goof who can kill people was what got him so over.

I also think he needs a feud that causes the more serious streak to emerge. He absolutely cannot flip a switch and become a killer. It should be someone targetting Kofi and that causes him to want to become more serious.

Dark horse for a Rumble win?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd agree to an extent, but I hope they don't neuter him in the process. The lovable goof who can kill people was what got him so over.

I also think he needs a feud that causes the more serious streak to emerge. He absolutely cannot flip a switch and become a killer. It should be someone targetting Kofi and that causes him to want to become more serious.

Dark horse for a Rumble win?

Yeah keep the personality but just be a bit more serious. And now that he's got a break from the New Day, be a singles competitor. Like last night he still did the whole "clap for your 8 time champions" thing. Now would be a good time to trial it when they're not selling any merch at the shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

find it hard to have any interest in Shorty G and Corbin, there just bland mid card guys who will always be in mediocrity

Big E can be a singles star (hasn't he been part of groups since 2012/2013 ?)and would be cool if he refused to join back with Kofi/Woods or he turned on them

Interesting to see where they go with the Fiend/Bliss thing, Braun is going to be pissed when he gets out of the swamp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,384 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Nikki would be a better choice for Abigail but interesting to see what happens next

I always see Sonya as another Bella as they look alike :p poor OtiRose the couple can't be happy even with Ziggler gone

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Nikki would be a better choice for Abigail but interesting to see what happens next

I always see Sonya as another Bella as they look alike :p poor OtiRose the couple can't be happy even with Ziggler gone

Come on, Rotis is a tap in!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,384 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Otis still got MITB?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Otis still got MITB?

Surprisingly he does but you wouldn’t think so the way they’re programming him.

Looking forward to seeing Shorty Cole getting called up the the Smackdown roster to team with Shorty G as The Vanilla Shorties.

Vince and Bruce will get a giggle out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

J. Marston wrote: »
    Come on, Rotis is a tap in!

Mantis surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Loughc wrote: »
    Surprisingly he does but you wouldn’t think so the way they’re programming him.

I wish they'd have done this more down the years, esp with someone who's not a comedy guy unlikely to win like Otis

Imagine 2007/08 Edge going away for a few months to heal various injuries with the briefcase then cashing in on Jeff Hardy winning the big one for the first time

Or a face CM Punk or face anyone outsmarting the same 2007/08 Edge in one of the times he stole the title

My MITB fantasies involve Edge, when really they shouldn't because he was involved in some way in the first 6 of them :o

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/2020-08-07

Firefly house and then a very special match Jeff Hardy vs King Corbin

Don't forget half a dozen segments with 2020's budget version of LayCool.

more excited about having a few snacks than watching this :o

• Advertisement

so were getting Bliss as Sister Abigail later then

so the fiend is going to speak ??

bit of a bizarre ending

This new group don't look very menacing physically and will turn out just to be nobody's

The Fiend and Alexa are a bargain bin Beauty and the Beast and that nonsense at the end was a bargain bin Nexus invasion.

Brawn saying he doesn't care about Bliss pretty much gives away the ending of Bliss low-blowing him to cost him the title.

The ending wasn't great imo either. The five people don't look physically intimidating at all. At a guess, they didn't want anyone who could be identified, cause they've not locked down who the five are yet. But, even acknowledging that two were women, it felt like kids playing Nexus imo. I genuinely don't mind height and build. I love Gable, DIY, etc. But it was the entire presentation, the childish hollering, etc. They looked like Tozawa's ninjas.

When Nexus attacked, they made sure to have a mix of guys, and made sure to let them beat down Cena too. That presented them as an actual threat. This lot waited till the ring was empty, and they cleared out the commentators too. They just weren't intimidating imo. They need someone with a presence (physical or charismatic) to get a voice on them asap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mod Note: Part of post removed.

As Lord TSC mentioned it was like a bunch of Tozawas ninja crew in the ring. There is absolutely no reason to be scared or shocked on what they did. They just beat up a few nobodies, spray painted on plastic and got a chainsaw to cut the ropes.
    It felt more like a bunch of secondary school kids trying to act hard around their mates.

I actually enjoyed the debut but definitely agree they could have made them more of a physical threat. It seems obvious that someone should have run out to try stop the madness and they should have beaten the p1ss out of them. Did wonder myself if some of these were placeholders but showing two women is interesting. Guessing one is Vanessa Borne. They all seemed quite short as well or maybe that was just what it looked like, made me think Dominik Dijakovic wasn't part of it. Had this been their introduction and we knew nothing about a faction I think it would have proven more effective.

Not sure about the Fiend angle. Just doesn't seem that interesting, especially as Braun basically doesn't seem to care about Bliss so I've got to assume she will turn on him so Bray wins. More than anything it sort of just took some of the tension out of the story but that's just my two cents.

One of the women seems to have been Carmella, going on pictures doing the round. The one who chased Corey Graves off with a baseball bat. Which is hilarious.

Thats not to say she'll be a final participant. I think the reason they've kept them so covered up is so they can make a final decision later. Could also be why there was no distinctively big guys in it (Dijakovic seemed to be one of them on Raw, but not on Smackdown, for instance).

Yeah, I did think one of them seemed to be Carmella. Which I found odd. Definitely think they are just throwing whoever is around into the group as otherwise it would be too obvious. Could see them maybe being fully unveiled at Summerslam and them having a big match then at Payback.

• Advertisement

I like what they are doing with Sonya I really think see can be a star is used right by creative.

The Bro, Sheamus, Corbin, Hardy & Shorty interfering with each other was well done.

The rest was very very Meh.

Edit, I'm actually thinking Graves might be involved in this group as he has mentioned in commentary the lat two weeks now that he is not an active competitor and with others now coming back after being out for a number of years with concussion injuries seemingly healed up. I also think I read somewhere that he has been training hard in ring with his brother.

It also fits with his image.

Also they are tiny and I mean tiny they were barely a head over the top rope.

Mike & Maria & Carmella & Maverick & Primo & Epico & Axel are tiny.

Advertisement