Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i know they try and paint it off as this big legendary feud but both men have had such better feuds with other people. Cena with edge,punk,rock,AJ. Orton with hhh,punk,foley

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Seen it under a tweet by Shane O Mac saying it's the first time ever on Smackdown for Cena vs Orton

And he's right

But.............

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

latest?cb=20160813135325

That time of the bastard week has rolled around once more, another Tuesday brings another Smackdown Live, which is now *THE A-SHOW of WWE television.

*I don't have any proof to back this statement up, asides from reading Boards and sometimes Reddit's Squared Circle, but I digress. Here's this weeks preview.

The Champ renews his epic rivalry against The Viper tonight
    The latest thrilling installment of the Cena/Orton saga begins tonight.

What chaos will unfold with the Elimination Chamber Match just five days away? I'm guessing a brawl between everyone taking part in the Chamber match.

Tag Team Turmoil competitors square off in a 12-Man Tag Team Match
    A free for all basically.

Apollo Crews looks to put a stop to Dolph Ziggler's ruthless aggression
    Someone daring to step up to the Snore Starter, I mean Show Stopper, no wait I mean Mr. Ziggles.

Usual Channel & Usual Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

"Ruthless Aggression"

Vince return confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looking at all those Cena/Orton matches, I can't remember a single one that stands out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

J. Marston wrote: »
    Looking at all those Cena/Orton matches, I can't remember a single one that stands out.

The only one I can remember was an I quit match involving a screwdriver but I think that was in the BWE (Bang! Bang!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I remember seeing an Iron Man match between them. Can't remember who won. I think it may have been on a bragging right ppv.

Didn't they have a Last Man Standing match where Cena taped Orton to the turnbuckle so he couldn't stand up, only match that stands out to me

I remember the Raw before they unified the titles, only because of the fans hijacking that last promo before the ppv with chants for Daniel Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I remember seeing an Iron Man match between them. Can't remember who won. I think it may have been on a bragging right ppv.
    Yeah, Orton tried to blow Cena up with fireworks on the ramp. I remember enjoying that match, it was one of the few I watched during my time away from watching wrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's still going on now.

• Advertisement

I thought the tape match was with Batista? Pretty sure I remember a funny promo from Dave the next night saying "Duct tape?! Seriously?!"

I remember there I quit match which involved the worst overselling by cena I've ever seen.

And I don't mean hbk and the rock taking the stunner overselling it was just terrible.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I thought the tape match was with Batista? Pretty sure I remember a funny promo from Dave the next night saying "Duct tape?! Seriously?!"

You're right, just looked it up, I'm always a bit foggy on a couple years round then from when I didn't watch for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I'm guessing I'm the only idiot staying up to watch this...

Good start to the show with that fatal 4 way I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With Corbin winning the fatal 4 way tonight I can't see him winning on Sunday but Corbin vs Orton headlining mania could be good

No indication of Shane vs Aj Styles at mania yet

I wonder did WWE ditch the Bray Wyatt title win at EC and they do Bray vs Luke Harper (Erik Rowan returns and costs bray the match ?) At mania ?

They're trying really hard to make this Nikki/Nattie feud seem personal but it's just falling flat.

Why do Crews and Kalisto always **** up when they try and help each other lol

Digging this heel ziggler but how will he do when hes finished with Crews and Kalisto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

If I wasn't working nights no way would I stay up to watch wwe live anymore. The ads are annoying as hell.

Fatal 4 way was OK.
    I don't really care for the ziggler handicap match v crews and kalisto.
    I'm guessing after the contract singing the two heel woman are going over. I must say Mickie looks fit as a flea.

As for this tag match there's 6 teams the only decent one are current champs.

Thankfully they aren't doing a tag chamber match

Harper vs Wyatt and Orton vs AJ for the title would be so much better than Shane vs AJ and Orton vs Wyatt for the title

They haven't really set up AJ vs Shane yet so if he loses Sunday he'll be in limbo for a bit

• Advertisement

Harper vs Wyatt and Orton vs AJ for the title would be so much better than Shane vs AJ and Orton vs Wyatt for the title

They haven't really set up AJ vs Shane yet so if he loses Sunday he'll be in limbo for a bit

theres no real reason yet for shane and aj to have a match as even in a heels eyes he hasnt really been screwed over the the gms. unless its kicking off after the ppv.

sky88 wrote: »
    theres no real reason yet for shane and aj to have a match as even in a heels eyes he hasnt really been screwed over the the gms. unless its kicking off after the ppv.

he could be eliminated unfairly from the EC sunday and he will be angry about it and start treating shane etc

I hope WWE scrapped the Wyatt vs Orton match and will do Styles vs Orton instead (thats a real mania headliner there)

order of pref for mania
    1 Styles vs Orton
    2 Ambrose vs Orton
    3 Miz vs Orton
    4 Wyatt vs Orton
    4 Corbin vs Orton
    5 Cena vs Orton (not that it will be a bad match, just its been done to death)

Was kalisto drafted just to take chair shots?.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    he could be eliminated unfairly from the EC sunday and he will be angry about it and start treating shane etc

I hope WWE scrapped the Wyatt vs Orton match and will do Styles vs Orton instead (thats a real mania headliner there)

order of pref for mania
    1 Styles vs Orton
    2 Ambrose vs Orton
    3 Miz vs Orton
    4 Wyatt vs Orton
    4 Corbin vs Orton
    5 Cena vs Orton (not that it will be a bad match, just its been done to death)

Can see it being AJ vs Orton vs Cena at Wrestlemania. Would be a joke for Cena to drop the title only two weeks after winning it just so he could equal the record, Styles mentioned I think that he deserves a one on one rematch so could see Cena retaining at EC and giving Styles his one on one rematch which ends with Orton and Bray interfering which results in Styles being added to the Wrestlemania match.

Can see it being AJ vs Orton vs Cena at Wrestlemania. Would be a joke for Cena to drop the title only two weeks after winning it just so he could equal the record, Styles mentioned I think that he deserves a one on one rematch so could see Cena retaining at EC and giving Styles his one on one rematch which ends with Orton and Bray interfering which results in Styles being added to the Wrestlemania match.

I think anything that doesn't result in AJ Shane and Wyatt Orton would end up looking good

Wyatt Orton isn't necessarily bad, it's just there's a lot of better options

Shane AJ, it would end up being a marquee match, no way a McMahon on Mania is shown as anything less, but AJ deserves a dance partner on the big stage who can go, I know he's just joined WWE but in reality he's got how many Manias in him, 5 or 6? Be a shame if one of his few appearances was a spotfest

Bryan and Renee are great on Talking Smack...

http://streamable.com/8fdpk

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Breezango are a face team now?
    The whole Crews/Kalisto/Ziggler thing is weird. Usually the heels outnumber the face before another face comes to the rescue. I would think a heel turn is coming, but oddly I don't care enough for either face to react to a heel turn. Think even a Big Show turn would get more of a reaction.

Realistically it would make more sense for it to be miz/Shane with the story they've gone with. Shane defending his fellow Gm.

That or cena defending his almost brother in law

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Natalya's promo was solid gold :D
    Her promos are so stinging I can only assume this ends with Cena proposing to Nikki at Mania after a carefully negotiated prenup obviously.

Advertisement