Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭kksaints

Meltzer and Alvarez will be doing somersaults of rage trying to explain it.

To be fair I can't understand why myself. A cage match for the title with an inevitable result....Bryan vs a Jey Uso who is starting to lose steam and the Queen taking stage over the actual Raws women champion....it really doesn't deserve a rating of that calibre.

I actually enjoyed the highlights from the matches. All very well done particularly the cage match. The ending of the match with Reigns arrogantly leaving the cage was fantastic heel work. Lots of matches have an inevitable result but it doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve to be watched if the wrestling is quality which it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm guessing Big E winning the IC title means he won't win the rumble

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Forgot it was Friday. There is a bang of Sunday off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,380 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »

Yep feeling the same :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »

Spot on J I was the same.

Apollo getting is normal push but will again fade into obscurity in a few weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

"He loves to have fun!" - Michael Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good to see her back but what was the point of showing Sonya like that? I expected her in the ring or an interview instead of just Cole saying she's been rehired. But if not going to do that, have her first reappearance be interrupting a match.

Corey managed to pick up the 3 Amigos reference. I think Bryan is now just riding out his career and enjoying it rather than worrying about titles.

For the few times cameras stayed with the same angle for more than a few seconds, I noticed some of the fans were being looped. Guess they didn't get enough to sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good to see her back but what was the point of showing Sonya like that? I expected her in the ring or an interview instead of just Cole saying she's been rehired. But if not going to do that, have her first reappearance be interrupting a match.

Corey managed to pick up the 3 Amigos reference. I think Bryan is now just riding out his career and enjoying it rather than worrying about titles.

For the few times cameras stayed with the same angle for more than a few seconds, I noticed some of the fans were being looped. Guess they didn't get enough to sign up.

I thought they must be all looped? Otherwise it's quite risky. I do think they did a decent job with it though cause it did take me a while to realise they were being looped.. but at the same time I just get a real Smackdown 2 vibe off it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Last nights Smackdown did a 1.9m viewership a big drop from Christmas days 3.3 million.

Priest is coming to SD to team with KO against Reigns and Jey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Priest is coming to SD to team with KO against Reigns and Jey

Kind of pointless feeding him to reigns to get squashed early on. Granted he might get a pin on uso but at least he's not on raw I guess!

Priest will turn on KO eventually. Suppose it would be a good start for him and he's not going straight into a fued with King Corbin like some NXT guys have when they got called up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Priest has all the tools and its just up to WWE to book him righy.

Hes fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Priest has all the tools and its just up to WWE to book him righy.

Hes fcuked.

He's off to raw now seemingly as KO nixed the idea

Was thinking with the constant Owens/Roman matches that the Rumble winner will choose to face Roman

Cotts72 wrote: »
    He's off to raw now seemingly as KO nixed the idea

Well whoever nixed it was spot on. Introducing Priest as KO's best mate makes zero sense. No history, nothing in common on the face of their team, whoever nixed it was right.

Far better ways to introduce Priest. If they are shoe horning him into Raw, then thats a mistake and he will suffer as a result if past call ups (with nothing for the talent creatively prepared) are anything to go by.

Priest with no vision or direction will not end well.

How in gods name do WWE expect to use talent with no shred of a pre prepared direction is bonkers. Shoddy work practices.

As a bar minimum there should be a loose plan in place of how a talent will be used before being called up. Priests call up is out of nowhere and appears to be a panic push. Now thats nixed and they are shoe horning him on Raw with no short term plan, its doomed to fail unless Priest gets lucky.

And Priest has got a great look, can move for a big man and has some charisma. No reason he cant be a big star if used correctly. Its a shame.

Sure that's always the problem. Like he's coming up, but who is moving aside to take his place? It'd be different if one or more had moved on but everyone on Raw tv has a spot they're unlikely to be removed from.
    Sure why not just put him with Retribution since they already wasted a couple of big men on that. They probably will have him as Ricochet's backup

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Sure that's always the problem. Like he's coming up, but who is moving aside to take his place? It'd be different if one or more had moved on but everyone on Raw tv has a spot they're unlikely to be removed from.
    Sure why not just put him with Retribution since they already wasted a couple of big men on that. They probably will have him as Ricochet's backup

What a waste of Dijack. A man of his size and wrestling skills should be right up Vinces alley. What a waste.

Ricochet was doing well until a year ago, its been such a fall from grace, wonder who he rubbed the wrong way. Another waste.

Keith Lee is someone the are high one, and they've kept him strong. But his booking is aimless. Apart from a small feud with Sheamus, hes had no storylines what so ever. No plan, no direction other than "book him strong" and cover up his gut. Its lazy booking.

A Gauntlet match tonight to become Number 1 Contender for the Universal Title

Nakamura vs Rey vs Sami Zayn vs Daniel Bryan vs King Corbin

Think it will only be a stop gap defence and someone like Rey will win it and then get destroyed by Reigns at the RR

I thought Owens was still feuding with Reigns.
    Out of that list I can't see any of them winning the title anyway. Kinda shows how bad things are when 5 guys competing to be number 1 contender aren't believable threats.
    Looking through the current roster, Big E seems the only threat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A Gauntlet match tonight to become Number 1 Contender for the Universal Title

Nakamura vs Rey vs Sami Zayn vs Daniel Bryan vs King Corbin

Think it will only be a stop gap defence and someone like Rey will win it and then get destroyed by Reigns at the RR

Will probably be Bryan at the Rumble and they'll fudge it in a way to have it Jey vs Roman at Mania even though they haven't laid the seeds properly.

So if Adam Pearce is attacked here will Rey or Jey get suspended like Braun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Priest coming up to add to Romans stable would make sense. Has a similar look, could be seen as throwing shade at Jey and would go under Paul Heyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Why would they call up Priest when everyone knows he'll be just another midcarder like everyone else on the roster bar Roman?

Leave him on NXT for another bit, have him hold the main title there first, then bring him up and do something big with him.

Have him debut and win the rumble next year, something people aren't expecting. Everything is so predictable and formulaic these days, and yet they wonder why the numbers are dropping.

No way Apollo is winning here

Thinking KO will be added to the title match at the RR with Reigns and whoever wins tonight. Reigns will be angry at Adam Pearce for that

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No way Apollo is winning here

Thinking KO will be added to the title match at the RR with Reigns and whoever wins tonight. Reigns will be angry at Adam Pearce for that

Boy were u wrong lol

• Advertisement

Boy were u wrong lol

i was and i wasn't :D

Advertisement